user profile
Sign in
user profile

Sales Stopped for days . What is happening?

by Seller_pf6wXetaZsUyP

Been selling here for years and its never this bad . and of course if we get a few small sales we get a hefty return request to fallow . I sell know brand home improvement items which are not seasonal and sell all year round . is amazon having an issue or any recent updates?

Tags: Seller Support
437 replies
437 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_Xpktjspu2oF5C
In reply to: Seller_pf6wXetaZsUyP's post

Your items are grossly over priced thus not attractive to buyers.

Practice macro price awareness and bench mark using aliexpress prices and keep in line with those.

Savvy buyers have found that closely held “secret” of the 3P sellers and are now shopping their for goods.

user profile
Seller_Rpvmy4Xw96KBw

If you went from having satisfactory sales to none or considerably slower, then one could reasonably think that something has changed. It has.

I am not sure when you trended down and if you sell alongside multiple sellers etc, etc. but Amazon has done some major overhauls on key factors within their listing requirements and even continue on expanding within some of the huge changes. Selling tactics from years past are no longer allowed or effective.

I am in no place, nor is anyone really, to comment on your pricing, but since you state you’ve been selling for years decently, I would not think pricing is your first culprit to look at. I can show you that price isn’t always THE factor with selling on Amazon, as we see items selling for much higher on Amazon, then on 3p websites and found easily with simple shipping searches. So again, it’s not always the main culprit. Certainly a factor though - dropping prices is only a knee jerk reaction with no sustainability guarantees.

Take a look at your listings front and back. Do they meet all of the requirements? Are you using the tools provided to you to optimize them? Remember, things change, so go look at the key things that you did when you created your listings, and compare to suggestions and requirements that may be in effect today.

user profile
Seller_uYKRFNCCZzkjD

It appears to me that Amazon is still tinkering with things. They have been doing some updates lately. I have been receiving sales emails after the order has been shipped and return authorization emails after the orders are received back and refunded. Something is STUCK. Shake it loose Amazon and let the orders flow in!!!

user profile
Seller_7Lx7qHpKTs3qo

There’s a retail recession they don’t want you to know about ,and the tax changes have been devastating to people who used their tax refunds to go on shopping sprees. Luckily for me, sales have been up for me and I’m adding new items at a rapid pace.

user profile
Seller_2MFIaCi8xEXPM

Same here. Very slow.

user profile
Seller_u5tBWrFAxMP64

Same here. Chinese sellers on my listings (even worse than before). One seller has taken over the listing almost completely. I can’t even edit the listing anymore even though I created it. These are products that I create and manufacture exclusively, so, the other sellers are selling counterfeit items and Amazon doesn’t care. Big CNBC expo on this. It’s the last nail in the coffin. Time to get off of Amazon all together and move over to other marketplaces. Horrible.

user profile
Seller_lxyva6A0R3Y4N

We are also suffering from high rates of return request recently, terrible

user profile
Seller_dy0iaamuixQa3

I’m just a small-time book seller. However, I used to be a Marketing Director to major publishing companies. May I suggest that you re-visit your metadata and see if that needs updating? I know that many “big boy” book sellers on Amazon rarely do this – if at all. (In fact, I doubt they even bother putting up images of the book covers.) So they rely on price only. Also, are you doing your own marketing? If not, why not? I know my sales soar when I do my own and they fall drastically when I rely on others. Just a few words from old timer, small seller. Hopefully they’ll help you some…

user profile
Seller_TooxN03jE4bTC

Simple. Buyers will go where they get the items they want at the best prices. Amazon is taking a stronger position on restricting 3rd parties from listing items. Weather it be due to infringement, or pressure from manufacturers, the selection is diminishing, and cheap China knock offs are like roaches coming out of the walls. Buyers have lots of sites to shop on now, and they all give as good or better selection and service as Amazon. We all want to think Amazon is the first choice for buyers to look, but in reality…

user profile
Seller_171whtfaYxvhd

you are not alone my friend. me the same

Go to original post