Amazon needs to HALT allowing customer to return USED PPE (glasses, goggles, gloves, etc). This is ridiculous given the pandemic. As a seller I have no way of knowing whether or not the customer has opened/used the product until it is returned. Sometimes buyers return goods unused, with packaging still intact/sealed. that is fine BUT more often lately I’m getting returns of glasses/goggles/gloves etc, that are without packaging and clearly used. disgusting… ALL other marketplaces / distributors / manufacturers have changed/updated their policies due to Covid to not allow these types of returns… c’mon Amazon, do something about this!! It is a health and safety issue!!!
I would assume that opened PPE can’t be returned, the same as applies to hygiene products.
About Items That Can’t Be Returned
Some items cannot be returned to Amazon.com or can only be returned to a third-party seller.
Amazon.com doesn’t accept returns of the following items:
- Items classified as hazardous materials or use flammable liquids or gases (contact the manufacturer directly for service, warranty, return, and refund information)
- Any product missing the serial number or UPC
- Downloadable software products
- Online subscriptions after they have been accessed
- Gift cards (except as required by law)
- Pay As You Go (or prepaid) phone cards (contact a local authorized dealer or the carrier directly)
- Prepaid game cards (World of Warcraft, Xbox 360 Live, Wii Points, etc.)
- Some jewelry orders
- Some health and personal care items
- Grocery products
- Prime Pantry products
- Fresh flowers and live indoor plants
- Open software
- Items with special shipping restrictions imposed by the U.S. Department of Transportation (as indicated on the product detail page)
- Live insects
well customers return open PPE… to me! and Amazon refunds them out of my account!!
Turn off auto refund (you may need to open a support ticket with Seller Support). Reason; Item can’t be returned, health and personal care item.
For orders placed on Amazon.com, most items delivered between March 1, 2020, and April 30, 2020, can now be returned until May 31, 2020.
Not only that, they are now giving them extra time to use and return them.
I’ll give it a whirl.