user profile
Sign in
user profile

RETURN - What is best way to handle this Situation?

by Seller_Y0rZ9frzCU5UR

12/14/2019 Buyer Purchased a Christmas Ornament

12/16/2019 Buyer received

1/6/2020 Buyer Put in Request for Return: Ordered by Mistake

2/1/2020 Per the date on the label, Buyer Shipped to us

2/3/2020 Received a item which was not originally ours, badly damaged with no resale value left.
Delicate Ornament shipped back in an envelope. Maybe so we would think it was damaged in shipping? Someone had taken scissors and cut out a spot on the decorative box… doubt that could happen in shipping.

Anyways

Can we just ignore this return?

Would appreciate some feedback on the best way to handle this.
Thank You

Tags: INR (item not received), Shipping, Shipping labels
72 replies
72 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_0O69KFvrK41OD
In reply to: Seller_Y0rZ9frzCU5UR's post

You can contact the buyer and explain this is not an item you sell, although it won’t make much difference Amazon will do an auto-refund in the next 5 days.

After the auto refund you can put in a safe-T claim for a different item was returned and they should refund you.

Whatever you do, DO NOT REFUND ANYTHING It will void your ability to make a safe-T claim. You have to wait for Amazon to force the refund.

user profile
Seller_awYU0oH8skccg

Tell your side of the story to buyer?

user profile
Seller_AeetR16jsfbDr

How much money are we talking about it? If it is small dollar, I would recommend issuing a refund for 50% and notify the Buyer of the damage and that you have pics. Send a with Message the pics to the buyer and move on. If it a large dollar item, then I would consider the Safe T Claim but even those are long shots.

I am sorry this happened to you. Best of luck!

user profile
Seller_LnhjU22iSbmbB

Never ignore a return as amazon will deduct 100% when they find out it was returned and no refund was applied within 48 hours of receiving it… You should process a refund of 50% of the items value noting the item was return materially different and then file a safe-T claim for the of 50% and hope they grant it.

user profile
Seller_g5BaINtM3XaVe
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_XzkYZR1Z62r3o

You’re actually mistaken. The customer has 30 days to request a refund. Then about 30-45days from the date of request to put it in the mail. As Amazon always says that the customer has 45days from the date of request to return the item.

Definitely contact the customer first with a picture of the item purchased (from listing etc) compared to the picture of the item you received from them. Ask if they can return the correct item for refund and see what they say.

At the same time, file a report with Amazon about the customer returning the wrong item, let them know you’ve contacted the customer about it as well and see what they advise about it.

Especially with wrong item returned to us by the customer, we do get a refund from Amazon most of the times.

user profile
Seller_JNmRM3p66VNOc

Authorize the return and move on. Welcome to Amazon !

user profile
Seller_iDD9b1SV65vS0

Is the order prime or not ?
I had the same situation last month: buyer returned different item ,emailed the buyer but no response Amazon didn’t refund the buyer and I didn’t refund the buyer opened A to Z claim so I can’t file Safe T Claim, Buyer of course won the claim Amazon made this process tricky and shady

user profile
Seller_jTjh2jXjnhBi8

My advice:

1. Do not bother contacting the buyer. No good will come from it.
  2. Refund $0.01. This will keep Amazon from automatically issuing a refund and giving you a defect for not processing the refund on time.
  3. Open a case to Amazon on the order explaining the situation and to report the buyer.

This has been my standard operating procedure for obvious return fraud and I’ve never had a single issue from it. Best of luck to you.

user profile
Seller_Fr4MGfADYWVn0

That’s so disappointing that we can’t even count on the Safety-T Claim team to fully help us with scammers’ sick behavior!

Go to original post