user profile
Sign in
user profile

Restricted Products - Amazon are ignoring me

by Seller_7XJpMiflyYEe1

On March 22 a couple of my products were flagged up as restricted laser products.
On April 6 I appealed against this restricted products policy violation.
Both the products are vinyl record player parts.
I sent images and explanations and any 5 year old could easily tell that a mistake had been made in about 30 seconds - not Amazon though!
Here I am, June 4, no closer to getting it sorted and in the meantime my account has had the usual restrictions put on it so my sales over this time were practically non existent.
How exactly is that fair? - they make the stupid mistake and I get severely punished for it.
It’s not the only time either - Amazon have accused me several time of selling restricted laser products but when you appeal CS do not know how to sort the problem or simply cannot be bothered.

I class myself as a 3rd party seller on here as an Amazon customer and I am being totally honest when I say that Amazon customer service is absolutely appalling

Tags: Images, Pricing
21 replies
21 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_7XJpMiflyYEe1
In reply to: Seller_7XJpMiflyYEe1's post

Further to the above:
I have contacted Amazon about this issue 9 times.
I am guessing that eventually, rather than sorting the mistake, I will be seen as a pest by Amazon and I will be kicked off the site

user profile
Mimosa_Amazon

Hi @Audiospoon,

This is Mimosa from Amazon here to assist you today. I understand the frustration that you are facing, and thank you for turning to the forum’s community with your concerns.

After reviewing your post, I can see that you would like some assistance with listings that are removed due to being restricted products. I would like to provide you with some guidance on this issue.

When it comes to this type of violation, it is extremely important to understand the Restricted Products policy and it might be helpful to visit the Restricted Products FAQ page as well.

You mentioned these products are vinyl record player parts, yet they are being flagged as restricted laser products. Have you been informed that you might have the word ‘laser’ on your product detail page? Did you edit your detail page appropriately? Have you reviewed the Laser Products policy page?

If you feel your ASIN(s) should be permitted to sell in Amazon, you may attempt to appeal from the Account Health Dashboard . However, along with making necessary changes in the listing, it is recommended to include any supporting documentation or evidences that your product is permitted.

Here’s some advice to conduct your investigation thoroughly to identify the Root Cause first, and have the Corrective Measures with Preventive Measures as well.

Root Cause

• Which keyword(s) did you identify that caused your ASIN to be flagged as a restricted product?
  • What was your listing process like? Did you create new detail pages or list against existing ones?
  • Did you compare the detail page to our restricted product policies?
  • Were you aware of our restricted products policies?

Corrective Measures

• Are you aware that all restricted product listings needs to be closed or deleted from your account in order to be in compliance of our policies and avoid account enforcement?
  • When would you be deleting/ closing the flagged ASIN?
  • Will you be conducting a thorough check of your inventory to ensure that there are no other potential restricted products?
  • What were the steps taken to evaluate if the other products are potential restricted products?
  • When was the check completed?/When will the check be completed?

Preventative Measures

• Will you thoroughly review Restricted Product Policies?
  • How do you keep yourself updated with Restricted Product Policies and the marketplace laws and regulations?
  • How do you improve your workflow to conduct what investigation before you list your products?

In the future, in order to avoid these types of concerns, it is a good practice to ensure your products comply with our restricted products policy before you activate the listing.

We hope that the above information is useful to you. Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions. We are always here to provide support.

Cheers,
Mimosa.

user profile
Seller_7XJpMiflyYEe1

I appreciate someone at Amazon finally taking this on board and trying to help
But just how am I supposed to review my “offending” listings when they have been deleted and are not accessible anymore?

“Have you been informed that you might have the word ‘laser’ on your product detail page? Did you edit your detail page appropriately?”

No, nobody from CS has given me any information as to why this has happened all I have are generic replies to my constant requests.
And no, I did not review the laser products policy page - why on earth would I?
Why would I even think of visiting any restricted products page with what I sell?
The product detail pages contain the words: Cartridge, stylus, headshell, all word related to vinyl record player parts they do not and never have contained the word “Laser” - why would they?

Thank you for your assistance Mimosa.
Nobody at Amazon apart from you has made even the slightest attempt to assist me with this
This really is like banging my head on a wall

user profile
Dino_Amazon

Hi @Audiospoon,

Dino from Amazon to help with the restricted product violation.

Great question on how to review the deleted listing! Have you tried to create a case with us? By creating a case, through the help section, we would be able to view the detail page and help update the listing.

Is the listing still available in your inventory?

Reviewing the laser products policy page, may help you in identifying the specific reason why your product was flagged. Reading those policies and keeping up to date to what changes are made in the policy can help avoid this from happening in the future.
As you sell on Amazon, it is up to the seller to be aware and follow all policies.

Have you received an email or performance notification regarding the restricted product? If so, I would post the information here so we can help with the next steps.

Best regards,
Dino

user profile
Seller_7XJpMiflyYEe1

Hi Dino,
I found the product violations while reviewing my Account health page which I do on regular basis.
I knew this to be an error so I clicked on “appeal”.
From there I opened a case and uploaded images and details of why this item had been incorrectly flagged as a laser product - this was April 6.
I have also sent links to external websites as part of the evidence (if any was actually needed!)
10 times I have contacted Amazon over this and all I get is no action and generic replies - I guess the hope is I will get tired and give up.
Although there was a link to the listing it had been deleted so reviewing it was impossible.

How can I review the Laser products policy page in relation to my listing when I cannot see it?
It might give me all sorts of reasons why my listing has been flagged but I would have no idea which reason it was.
As far as I am concerned if you mistakenly ban my product and worst still suppress my entire business on Amazon and then delete my listing so I cannot review it - It is your responsibility to tell me exactly why - not mine to try to guess against a number of policy restrictions.

Here is the ASIN: B01JJ72SXQ
Why don’t you try

Explain to me again why I, as a seller of old vinyl record player parts, should familiarize myself with Amazons policy on laser products - if I was selling knitted socks would you say the same?

It is sensible for sellers to review all Amazon policies with regard to their products but a pointless waste of time reviewing policies that have nothing whatsoever to do with what they are selling and you should not expect them to.
Effectively what you are saying Amazons mistake is in someway my fault because I didn’t review a product policy that has nothing to do with my products.

user profile
Seller_7XJpMiflyYEe1

My apologies Dino I gave you the wrong ASIN.
It should be this one:
B076TYKK88
The one I gave you by mistake was another of my listing deleted for the same reason - around 5-6 of my listings have been deleted over the past 6-12 months for the same thing.
Losing the listings wasn’t the problem it was the suppression of my business and the lack of sales due to the suppression that crippled my business - that was a major problem for me.

user profile
Mimosa_Amazon

Hello @Audiospoon,

Thank you for your response. This is Mimosa from Amazon here to assist you further.

We understand that you find it unnecessary to review the laser products policy page. But since your products are being flagged as restricted laser products, it is quite helpful to review the policy page in order to identifying the specific reason why your products was flagged.

Thank you for including the flagged ASIN here. However, it would be great if you could also provide the screenshot of the relevant performance notification/email for our reference in order for us to provide more specific guidance.

If you have any additional questions, please post them on this thread so we can continue to provide assistance and advice.

Cheers,
Mimosa.

user profile
Seller_7XJpMiflyYEe1

“We understand that you find it unnecessary to review the laser products policy page. But since your products are being flagged as restricted laser products, it is quite helpful to review the policy page in order to identifying the specific reason why your products was flagged.”

My reply :
“How can I review the Laser products policy page in relation to my listing when I cannot see it?
It might give me all sorts of reasons why my listing has been flagged but I would have no idea which reason it was.”
Literally, all I can review on the listing is the heading.
So I have no idea why my listing has been removed apart from being told it is a laser product, none whatsoever.
Reviewing Amazon’s policy on laser products is pointless if I cannot see the description or the listing in full - have I made a typo and put the word laser somewhere in the description?..I have absolutely no idea and no way to find out!
amazon%20laser|690x306

One more thing:
Why am I being assisted on this forum by both you and Dino but the people who are supposed to be helping me are ignoring me? - I appealed this on April 6 and have now made 11 requests for help on that appeal
Is the only way to get any customer service on Amazon is to go on a forum?

user profile
Claire1_Amazon

Hi @Audiospoon

Thank you for your post, Claire from Amazon here to assist.

Although your listing detail page has been removed from the marketplace, you can still view that particular listing if you have yet to delete it entirely off your own inventory.

To review your listing, please follow the instruction below:

1. On the Inventory menu, select Manage Inventory
  2. Input " ASIN " of the listing you wanted to review and click " Search "
  3. Find the listing you want to review, and select " Edit " from the drop-down menu for that listing
  4. Click on the " Description " tab to review your current product description and other information of your detail page. You may also review the images use for the listing as well.

It’s important to follow the instructions in any performance notifications that you may receive.

Adding on to the previous appeal guidance by @Mimosa_Amazon, it is essential for you to dive into your account history from more aspect during conducting your investigation to identify your root cause before you are able to proceed with the corrective measures and strong preventive measures that help to refrain the violation from happening again in the future.

Root Cause

• Which keyword(s) did you identify that caused your ASIN to be flagged as a restricted product?
  • What was your listing process like? Did you create new detail pages or list against existing ones?
  • Did you compare the detail page to our restricted product policies?
  • Were you aware of our restricted products policies?

Corrective Measures

• Are you aware that all restricted product listings needs to be closed or deleted from your account in order to be in compliance of our policies and avoid account enforcement?
  • When would you be deleting/ closing the flagged ASIN?
  • Will you be conducting a thorough check of your inventory to ensure that there are no other potential restricted products?
  • What were the steps taken to evaluate if the other products are potential restricted products?
  • When was the check completed?/When will the check be completed?

Preventative Measures

• Will you thoroughly review Restricted Product Policies?
  • How do you keep yourself updated with Restricted Product Policies and the marketplace laws and regulations?
  • With the changes in policies and lays, how will you ensure that your listings are always in complaince? How often would you be reviewing your listings?
  • Do you think the training your company provided now is sufficient in ensuring that issues will not be repeated in the future?
  • How do you improve your workflow to conduct what investigation before you list your products?
  • Will you be seeking any legal advice for your future listing?

Alternatively, you may create a case and describe your issue in detailed. This way, you will allow the relevant team to investigate and revert as soon as possible for your necessary assistance.

I hope the information above has offered some clarity for you.

Regards,
Claire

user profile
Dino_Amazon

Hey there @Audiospoon,

Dino from Amazon here.

I will contact the appropriate team to review your case and they will reach out to you via phone. Please make sure your contact information is up-to-date in your seller central account settings to make sure we are successful in reaching you. You can update your contact information in your notification preferences and seller account information.

Best regards,

Dino

Go to original post