user profile
Sign in
user profile

Request to remeasure FBA item continually closed by Seller Support

by Seller_Y0uE0KpSnDxpZ

Here’s a new one for us.

Amazon occasionally incorrectly measures items in FC’s which can result in FBA pick/pack/ship fees due to item size misclassification - annoying but understandable.

In this case we have an item that should have have a fulfillment fee of $3.28 based on size. We are being charged $9.40 and have been overcharged on 100 unit sales thus far.

I opened a case to remeasure on Nov. 27. We received the form response with the current dimensions and that they would remeasure and update in 3-5 business days. 6 days later we were told:

“This is an update from our internal team of your request for re measurement.
Your request to measure item X002CAA5VV was canceled.
Please re-submit your request after 3 days to get your item re-measured.”

We have re-opened the case as asked 5 times now (actually this became a 2nd case on the first re-open because we didn’t catch it in 2 days and it was not re-openable) and each time had the same result, all the while paying an extra $6.12/item sold which kills our margins.

Is this just an issue of the FC’s too busy with holiday fulfillment to complete the request or is there something more sinister going on?

Jimmy

Tags: Fees
23 replies
Most helpful reply
user profile
Seller_BwNv17Ff1XNkA
In reply to: Seller_Y0uE0KpSnDxpZ's post

More than likely.

Jump to reply
23 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
Most helpful reply
user profile
Seller_BwNv17Ff1XNkA

More than likely.

user profile
Seller_K6HJk14MgPjrh

Well in 2020 they are changing to fee by weight. And increasing other fees as well. Glad I’m leaving this year. After 17 years selling here, the last 3 have been unbearable and getting worse.

Can’t wait to kick Amazon to the curb!

user profile
Seller_VPTojhikJPGtl

They are busy

user profile
Seller_nkbMItNdJpbxs

Whats the item weight before you send it to FBA?

user profile
Seller_bni21YwmUSxJX

Hey, have you ever finished out your request? We were just given the same cancellation message and told to wait 3 days as well.

user profile
Seller_Y0uE0KpSnDxpZ

Seller Support the case again yesterday same canned response and no explanation of what is going on, I think this is the 7th time now that this case has been closed with the same message going on well over a month.

"Hello from Amazon Selling Partner Support,

Your request to measure item X002CAA5VV was canceled. Please re-submit your request after 3 days to get your item re-measured.

To help us continually improve, we ask that you take a moment to complete our survey below to tell us about your experience with this specific interaction.

Were you satisfied with the support provided?"

I’ve never asked for help from the forum moderators before but I’m at a loss here. Susan @SEAmod any help with what is going wrong? Why I can’t seem to get this SKU re-measured?

user profile
Seller_Dw9ZfSCMSM7Us

I have the same email response as well. Amazon cancel my request for two times. I called to seller support again and the person on the phone escalated the request for me. Didn’t heard back for a week. I sent a follow up email then the cancel my request again.

Anyone have luck to get your product remeasure / cubiscan?

user profile
Seller_ydG4PF61v8xSN

Having the exact same problem now. Asked twice for a re-measure, both time they tell me my request was cancelled. But it’s even more ridiculous, because they are now telling me I cannot request another one for 60 days since I already have 2 re-measures done in the past 60 days… The only re-measure requests I made since August are the 2 that got cancelled!

user profile
Seller_Y0uE0KpSnDxpZ

UPDATE: I have now, after about 90 days, entirely resolved the issue and received a refund of around $700 for the overcharges.

Funny thing is, I had a case open with the refund request which they just kept pushing back and eventually closed. Amazon never notified us of resolution or that we would be refunded for the overcharge so I opened a case to request again just this week and was told that I could not open a case to request a refund more than 60 days after the charge but at that point they also noted that they had in fact completed the investigation and processed the refund.

Jimmy

user profile
Seller_Y0uE0KpSnDxpZ

To continue on this topic with new information:

Today we identified 16 additional items we sell FBA that are mis-measured large - enough so that these standard size items are now classified into a larger oversize size tier for storage and shipping.

We began submitting cases for re-measurement individually for each item (we only got through 5 of them before we started getting responses)

On each one we received messages saying for various reasons that they could not re-measure at this time and to respond and submit a new measurement request after 6 days.

"I would like to inform you that our fulfillment center team is unable to re-measure this item at the moment. Please be advised that a remeasurement request will not be successfully initiated because of 2 reasons:

1. Capacity issues in the FC didn’t allow the measurement to take place within 5 days.
  2. There’s an open remeasurement request at the FC for the same seller/fnsku combination.

With this, if there is an existing request, we will get back to you within 5 days. Otherwise, please re-submit your request after 6 days to get your item re-measured. After the given time frame, you may request remeasurement through the seller-facing workflow in your seller central account.

Be assured that once determined to be eligible, re-measurements will be conducted and if new measurements will be taken, the FBA fee will be corrected and updated accordingly. Also, you will be reimbursed if determined eligible."

We do not have open cases.

This used to be an easy and quick process - it seems this is the new norm and I see no reason for this to improve. It is in Amazon’s best interest to delay these as long as possible and not allocate resources to remeasuring. The only time sellers ask for re measuring is when Amazon is making money on overcharging for size. I don’t suspect malicious intent but that does not make this less frustrating.

Additionally Amazon only refunds fulfilment overcharges going back 90 days so if they can put this off long enough they may not have to pay sellers back as per their policy. We have never pursued reimbursement for storage overcharges so I am not sure what the policy is there.

Jimmy

Go to original post