user profile
Sign in
user profile

Removal Order Amazon Ruined My Products By Not Protecting Them

by Seller_JKiY3WWY0rUxt

I had Amazon send me back my overstock items which were 2600 units. Amazon shipped them in a huge box with no top totally uncovered! When They arrived at my house the products are covered in Dirt, Wet and many of the packages are ripped open. 90% of the products are totally ruined. I immediately called NBC 5 News Chicago and they sent out a News Truck right away and will do an investigation if Amazon does not fix the issue. I sent Amazon 50 pictures of my products and the damage. The delivery driver also signed that they products were destroyed. My case is currently open has been upgraded to some Special Agency in Amazon. My Actual product cost for all this inventory was over $13,000. I talked with an Amazon rep and she told me Amazon should be paying in full for my Amazon Sale price. Has anyone ever had an issue like this before? Amazon owes me over $20,000.

Tags: Payments
127 replies
127 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_VPTojhikJPGtl
In reply to: Seller_JKiY3WWY0rUxt's post

So rather then follow the process you went crying to the local media?

So they are working to resolve it… why cry to the local media?

So I’m confused… your angry… but Amazon already said they are taking care of it? You… need to calm down.

user profile
Seller_d7Z0MKOJalf7S

This only means that you did not package your items correctly in the first place.
This is on you

user profile
Seller_HRcJa1gdGHeov

We have had similar problems with warehouse damage, only $300 worth of product though. They also lost a $5000 shipment going into the warehouse. In both instances we had to fight with Amazon but they generally do the right thing as long as you have all your ducks in a row (which it sounds like you do).

user profile
Seller_bWU6w5XvXmIfs

Give them some time to resolve the issue. It can take a few weeks.

user profile
Seller_M04MjNuWAA1Xz

Amazon does not pack orders shipped to buyers correctly, delivers them in the middle of the lawn, and sellers should not be surprised when their removal orders are received in a similar condition. Considering the OP has it well documented, Amazon most likely will make good on the damage. But it may take time, which is something Amazon won’t compensate the OP for. Though the media involvement may help expedite that process.

I disagree with those busting the OP’s chops for calling the media. How many times as sellers has Amazon screwed us over, including those cases where it is documented in the buyer/seller messaging system that buyers are attempting to extort us for free and/or discounted products? Amazon has taught sellers to cover their behinds, and the OP is doing just that. But I’m sure somewhere in policy that going to the media could be a violation. Amazon likes to keep their sellers in line. Good luck to the OP and hope all works out well…

user profile
Seller_Hi7wbO2Kbo6bl

This does not match the photographs you posted. The photo shows several boxes, all with “topses”.

user profile
Seller_3N7yVnTXPzLkL

I see boxes which are not in “as shipped” condition. Complete with your tape gun.

user profile
Seller_aQB0JC078mqrc

I decided to stay of this after all

user profile
Seller_nstkdGWZl0SW0

Amazon is responsible for anything that is wet or dirty.

Calling the media is not acceptable.

You can expect to not be selling here long if this hits the tv. That is not how to handle something like this.

user profile
Seller_JAxkgomv0zj34

a News Crew? Thanks for the chuckle! When you think you have heard eveything…

Go to original post