user profile
Sign in
user profile

Reminder notice: Business name and address to be displayed on Seller Profile page starting September 1, 2020

by News_Amazon

In association with this News Announcement, we are inviting you to ask questions here.

We want to remind you that beginning September 1, 2020, we will display a seller’s business name and address on their Amazon.com Seller Profile page. For individuals, we will display the individual name and business address. This is consistent with Seller Profile pages in Amazon stores in Europe, Japan, and Mexico. This will be rolled out across all U.S. Seller Profile pages over the week.

Why are we making this change?

Over the years, we have developed many ways for sellers to share more about their business, including through features like the Seller Profile page, “Store” pages for brand owners, and Handmade “Maker Profile” pages. These features help customers learn more about sellers’ businesses and the products they are selling. We are making this change to ensure there is a consistent baseline of seller information to help customers make informed shopping decisions.

Can I share more information to help customers beyond my business name and address?

Yes, you are welcome to add additional information about your business and products that you think would be helpful to customers. However, remember that you should not include an email address or phone number – to prevent spam and abuse, we ask customers and sellers to use our Buyer-Seller Messaging System to communicate electronically.

What address will be displayed to customers?

On the Seller Profile page, we will display the business address that you provided to Amazon. You can view or edit the business address using this link.

Note: P.O. boxes are permitted. For more information, click here.

How do I ensure my information is up to date?

You can view and update your contact information by following the steps below:

1. Log into your Amazon seller account.
  2. On Seller Central, go to the Settings menu and select Account Info to view your Seller Account Information page.
  3. In the Business Information section, select the links for the information you want to view.
  4. To change your business/individual name or address, select Business Address. You can enter the new information or edit the current information.
  5. When you're finished, select Submit.
Tags: News and Announcements
164 replies
Most helpful reply
user profile
Ale_Amazon
In reply to: News_Amazon's post

Hello all,

Please refer to the information below related to the most recurrent question we have identified.

What information will be displayed on Seller Profile pages?

The seller information you provide to Amazon appears in the Seller Profile page and contains the following fields:

Display Name
The name displayed to customers for your Amazon listings and on your Seller Profile. You can view or edit the display name using this link.

Business Name

For companies, the name your business is registered under; for individual entities, your name. You can view or edit the business name using this link.

Note: To update business name, you must retake the tax interview by clicking on "Update Tax Information"

Business Address
For companies, it’s the address your business is registered under; for individual entities, it’s your operating address (street address or P.O. Box). You can view or edit the business address using this link.

We will continue to monitor your comments and concerns.

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.
Ale

Jump to reply
164 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_CqJio3GyBXUjH
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_5aWXaawYApXEb
  1. Is this true for an individual seller or both individual & business sellers?
  2. How do we confirm we are meeting this new requirement? Is it by checking your own profile page?
  3. Is this new requirement provides 1099-K from Amazon regardless 20K and 200 transactions?
  4. If answer of number 3 above is “No”, still we need to add business legal info?
user profile
Seller_0txVq03QjK9Av

I wish there is a widget on front widget page with this info.

And what is the reason that amazon is doing this ?

No good can come out of this - angry buyers for any reason may confront their sellers in person - buyer may show up to pick up a package right after placing order - Buyer may contact seller and ask for discounted sale behind amazon -

Do Amazon really care ???

user profile
Seller_VnQ5sZGcXl5w0

Can someone clear this up for me, because although it says you shouldn’t include a phone number, that section has an asterisk, so it’s actually mandatory to do so. You cant save your information without including one. What are we supposed to do?

user profile
Seller_tDwtZbb7OqIMC

If I change my address to a P.O Box do I have to submit documentation that proves the address is correct?

user profile
Seller_lksuaXnNHEHyw

PLEASE ADVISE @Javier-SellerSupport:
This info, as stated above, does not allow us to omit our phone numbers or edit our info in any way, other than to add another address -which will not save until we enter a phone number. Will our phones and emails be posted or not?

user profile
Seller_VnQ5sZGcXl5w0

Is this correct? As far as I understand from other Amazon platforms, changing your business/individual name in the “Business Address” section does not change the name on the seller page. The name displayed on the seller page is what you provided Amazon in the “Legal Entity” section when you did your tax interview. Can someone confirm?

user profile
Seller_WwQO2NB0SV9r4

Can someone please confirm whether this change of business addresss will cause any sort of account verification and/or suspension during the process?

user profile
Seller_N8owAavDNIIxh

This may very possibly result in an increase in foot traffic at B&M stores.

user profile
Seller_MU8ehgZgMJ9K0

What you see on the .MX website for business name is Legal Entity.

Go to original post