user profile
Sign in
user profile

Register brand with trademark US Serial Number not working

by Seller_zNCH3v7dkZUFf

I’m trying to register my brand and I have a Trademark approved with a publish date. However when I put in the Serial number for the Trademark number I get the error below. I looked on the Trademark USPTO documents and there is no other number referenced. The serial number is 8 digits but Amazon is saying its 6 to 7 so I have to have the wrong number but there is no other number on the Trademark documents. Any help is welcome…

The trademark registration number you entered is in the incorrect format. Correct USPTO format is six or seven digits long and should include numbers only. The trademark registration number can be located under the ‘US Registration Number’ field on the USPTO trademark record. Please ensure you are correctly entering the trademark registration number before trying again. If your trademark was recently approved, it may require up to 48 hours for the change to be reflected on this site.

Tags: Registration
30 replies
30 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_MaNu1nsSEfLRw
In reply to: Seller_zNCH3v7dkZUFf's post

The serial # is what you’re assigned when submitting your trademark application. The registration # is what’s assigned when your mark is actually registered. Since trademark info is public, you can find both numbers by navigating to the USPTO trademark search website (http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=searchss&state=4802:414ov6.1.1) and searching for your mark.

user profile
Seller_FoheWu4n8qYDx

I just received my Trademark registration with this 8 number and error message I contacted Amazon Brand registry they are supposed to be in touch.

user profile
Seller_A4VZIiqJ9SrJA

Amazon Lies to you about that topic

user profile
Seller_m6xRPhD4fjUOZ

USPTO approved my Trademark in January of 2019. There is a waiting period after the publish date – 30 days, as I recall. I never got anything in the mail (as I did when I received a patent many years ago) but would log into the USPTO site every few weeks to look for an approval. One day, it was there and I could download a PDF of the approval form. My registration number has 7 digits.

Once I had this and applied for Brand Registry 2.0, Amazon approved me in under 24 hours. I was approved under the former Brand Registry 1.0 – but had not Trademarked the name we use on Amazon.

Hope this helps for those in process.

user profile
Seller_mECVmiLMIjvvq

Search for your TM on justia .com

Use the Registration Number all of them have 7 digits

user profile
Seller_zl3XRD6ptzAK9

My brand just went live today and having the same issue. 8 digits serial number does not work. What should I do?

user profile
Seller_l9nChNTBZvn3g

Yes, I have register trademark in USPTO, but still haven’t get register number for it. Anyone know how long they will give you the trademark number? or they give you right away after you register in USPTO?

user profile
Seller_0ZiHLogkanblX

Hi everyone,
I also had an error when I tried to register. Here was my error from Amazon “The number you entered cannot be found for the trademark office you selected. Please ensure you are entering the correct trademark registration number and selecting the correct trademark office before trying again. If your trademark application was recently submitted, it may require up to 48 hours for the change to be reflected on this site.”

I am going to wait 48 hours and search the below link for the status.

Here is a direct link to search for a trademark using a serial number:
https://tsdr.uspto.gov/

I called the US trademark office and they told me it takes 4-13 months to get a registration number. I had also thought from Amazon’s marketing that we could sign up for Amazon Brand Registry within 2 weeks, so I am very surprised by this delay. Is this how long it took others to get their registration number?

Here is how to contact the trademark office directly:
For general assistance please e-mail the TrademarkAssistanceCenter@uspto.gov, or telephone 1-800-786-9199.

user profile
Seller_lBSkL71cQ5MHY

Hi, guys, I am a new seller on Amazon I try to enroll my brand on Brand Registry but a do not know how to get the ( registration, serial, or filling number). Please could you advise me how can I get them? I found a gov web site but there like a registration number costs 300 $…not sure. Happy for any advice.

user profile
Seller_OrXlsbG7piEfP

Me too . I have the same problem . I don’t know how I get the registration or serial number!!!

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post