user profile
Sign in
user profile

Refund given for full purchase price for "General Adjustment"

by Seller_isdopRaSQ1CLk

An item I sold through FBA was just refunded in full with the reason given as “General Adjustment”. What could that be and why would a full refund apply? This item sold for around $125 and I can’t afford many of those.

Tags: Refunds
10 replies
10 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_i3DcETKK41A76
In reply to: Seller_isdopRaSQ1CLk's post

Open an FBA case with Seller Support. These General Adjustments could be for anything. In our experience, Amazon reimburses us for these if they decided to refund the buyer – but to find out the reason and if they are going to reimburse you, you need to open a case.

user profile
Seller_NjgDX9rGCYDgp

Amazon will use the General Adjustment option if there was damage in shipping. They will refund the buyer and deduct the purchase from the seller.

After 45 days if the item does not return back to Amazon, they will refund the seller.

We had an example, where UPS notified Amazon that the merchandise was lost in shipment and the empty box was destroyed. Amazon will double check the shipping weight and items in inventory to make sure the item was really sent.

After 45 days, you will get a refund.

I keep a notepad with all of the FBA refunds and dates just to double check.

Scuby

user profile
Seller_gQYj2zQCuoz6y

I have the same exact issue.
Buyer purchased 4 of the same item at $15.49 each (FBA).
Amazon refunded as “general adjustment.”
I believe that Amazon will eventually reimburse me.

Yesterday, I see the same customer order another 4 of the same item. Only this time I has already raised the price to $16.49 each.

user profile
Seller_QiD9gkxblLHcK

They should refund you after 45 day but the system is not perfect. Your post just reminded me to go back and get my money for these orders.

user profile
Seller_isdopRaSQ1CLk

I did open a case and the response I got is shown below. I don’t know why Amazon would process a refund on 4/28 (Sunday) for a purchase on 4/27 (Saturday). The customer apparently claimed they did not receive the item according to the agent’s response below. The item is likely still in transit, seems like the buyer is looking for a freebie.

I have carefully investigated the details of Order ID: xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx and confirmed that the order was refunded on 04/28/2019. I acknowledge your point that you are not responsible for this refund as this is an FBA Order, however, since the customer claimed that they did not receive the item, our Customer Service team has initiated a refund for this order. Please be informed that when we issue a refund to a customer, we temporarily debit your seller account for the product sale price.

Please be advised that we still have to wait for the item be returned to the fulfillment center within the 45-days as per return policy of Amazon. Even though the item was considered as lost, there’s still a possibility that the item will be returned to your inventory by the assigned carrier who processed the delivery.

If it fail to be returned within 45 days from the refund date of the buyer, that is the time that we can consider the item as lost and we will automatically issue a credit to your account to compensate for the unreturned unit. Moreover, this waiting period will also reduce the hassle and occurrence of any reversal reimbursement on your account in the event that the item will be eventually returned or found on our warehouse.

If no reimbursement will reflect to your account after 45 days, please contact us again so we can check the status of the order and request a reimbursement on your behalf.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post