Recipient’s Tax ID number required for Shipping

I originally posted this in the order management section but didn’t know how to move the post here.

I ship with Endicia and received the below message from them. I have an order form Brazil and the recipient’s Tax ID is not included in the order details. I called Amazon and they said I had to message the buyer to request it. I did but got no response from the buyer. I also asked Amazon about future orders from Brazil and they told me they don’t collect it and that I would have to message each buyer requesting it?

Upon further research on Amazon I found that in addition to Brazil, a recipient Tax ID is required for Chile, China, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, India, Israel, Nicaragua, Peru, Qatar, South Africa, South Korea, Taiwan, and Turkey. Again, how am I supposed to get the recipient’s Tax ID if Amazon doesn’t provide it and buyers don’t respond to messages asking for it?

" Dear Endicia customer,

Effective Jan 1, 2020, all shipments to Brazil must include the recipient’s Tax Identification (ID) number on customs declarations and shipping labels.

Please collect this information from your Brazilian customers as any shipments missing the recipient’s Tax ID will be subject to return, or even disposal, by Brazilian Customs.

There are several different Tax IDs that can be used when shipping to Brazil, including:
· CPF - Individual Tax ID, similar to U.S.A.’s Social Security number
· CNPJ - Business Tax ID
· Passport Number

How to include the Tax ID Number when preparing shipping labels & customs declarations to Brazil:
· In the Company Name field, enter your recipient’s Tax ID number:
· For shipments without a company name, enter your recipient’s Tax ID Number with a CPF prefix: CPF 000.000.000-00
· For shipments that include a company name, enter your recipient’s Tax ID Number before the company name, separated with a dash: 000.000.000/0000-00 – My Company"

Sounds like you have a list of countries to remove from you shipping options.

Duplicate thread. Forum rules are only one thread per topic.