user profile
Sign in
user profile

Received Intellectual Property Complaints

by Seller_a1oULYcdBBysG

Hi everyone, I received two intellectual property complaints. I posted an offer on a listing and the owner of the brand immediately reported me twice. I have been selling on amazon for 10 years now, this is my first time dealing with this. I am just wondering is there anything I can do? I already told the seller sorry I am not longer going to list on that listing. And I emailed notice-dispute@amazon.com telling them the cases numbers and ASIN’s and im sorry wont happen again ect ect… Any advice on getting the ! removed from my performance tab. thank you!

Tags: ASIN, Listings
14 replies
14 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_atnk8fSvVuoeY
In reply to: Seller_a1oULYcdBBysG's post

I think they stay for up to 180 days.

user profile
Seller_a1oULYcdBBysG

i dont mind it staying up, I just want to make sure I dont get suspended

user profile
Seller_CW0P5hgbsiqWX

You will probably be able to do nothing. Did the standard Bot email provide you with real or fake contact information?

user profile
Seller_DVtU0nTuCKhig

Hi @Lancemichael2008,

Arthur here to assist.

After my observations of your post, I would like to offer some advice for you moving forward.

The process in place to appeal the complaints on individual ASINs is to reach out to notice-dispute@amazon.com, but removing the items alone may not be all that is asked of you. I would suggest reviewing your entire inventory to ensure no other possible intellectual property complaints could negatively impact your account. This information can be found in the Intellectual Property Policy for Sellers page in seller central.

If you do happen to get future complaints, we may ask you to provide invoices for the ASINs in question. This could also lead to eventual removal of selling privileges.

I wouldn’t solely rely on selling partner support to answer all of your questions or concerns regarding this situation. They are a fantastic resource, but it is on you as a business owner to implement realistic practices in your day-to-day operations to ensure you are complaint with our policies. We are counting on you to make a commitment to total account health.

I hope this helps,
Arthur

user profile
Seller_a1oULYcdBBysG

Guys the dings are gone, this is no longer an issue. I simply called seller support, and the rep was very helpful.

user profile
Seller_jw3HRo32wY2Hk

Sounds like another ridiculous removal just because someone else “didn’t like” your listing! - Whether another seller or manufacturer. - So much for competing on price and quality of service. Now just file a fake complaint pretty much saying you don’t like the presence of this or that seller, and notice@amazon simply immediately remove that listing and/or seller. Absolutely insane and unbelievable. Remember these are NOT real world rules as per First Sale Doctrine, but contrived Amazon rules - two totally different things!

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post