Reactivate account (The account was deactivated in 2014)

Hi,

My case is a bit unusual. In 2013, I planed to sell on Amazon, so I opened an amazon selling account. But for some reasons the selling on Amazon plan was abandoned soon, and not a single product was listed on Amazon (no transactions, no sales). Then at beginning of 2014, Amazon sent me an email stating my sales volume or inventory level was not supported by sufficient buyer feedback or established sales history, and my selling privileges would be suspended. At that time I did nothing to this email, and forgot this thing and later even forgot I had an Amazon selling account.

This year I decided to start up Amazon business, and this time it is for real. I have already chose the product and found the supplier. Also I just registered a company (I am in Canada) for this Amazon business. When I was trying to set up a selling account, I realized that I had an suspended account already.

A few days ago I opened a case. On Sept. 5, I got an email from Amazon Account Health Support, and saying that my case has been transferred to Seller Performance team. Does anybody know usually how long it takes to get a response from them? And can I still get the account reactivated? Thank you all.

Can take up to 45 days to get a response, yes you can get your account back, but you will need to appeal the suspension, an email saying what you said above will not work.

If you want additional help you will need to post your original suspension email from 2014

Thank you very much for your help. The following is the original email from Amazon in 2014.

Hello from Amazon.

As previously stated, we have been conducting a review of your Amazon.com selling account. Because your sales volume or inventory level is not supported by sufficient buyer feedback or established sales history, your selling privileges will be suspended and your funds will be reserved in your Amazon Payments account for up to 30 days.

During this review we will be evaluating the performance of your account, including customer feedback and A-to-z Guarantee claims received. It is important that you continue to fulfill any orders completed before the removal of your listings, as we will use buyer feedback from your orders as part of the review.

While our review can take as many as 30 days to complete, you may be able to expedite the release of your suspension by providing us with the following information:

1.  Current retail or online sales channels including links to selling pages.

2.  Your business name and a detailed explanation of your business including your source of inventory.

3.  Invoices from your suppliers and distributors for the products you plan to sell. 

4.  Amount of inventory you plan to list for sale on Amazon.com.

5.  Please upload offers to the ASINs that you plan offer against.

6.  If selling products that have electrical components, please send in documentation showing that the products have been tested and are safe for consumers. 

Please e-mail us at merchant-approval@amazon.com to provide us with information regarding your seller account. Amazon sellers can confirm shipments in Seller Central or seller account by clicking the “Orders” tab and then clicking “Confirm Shipment” for the orders.

We will evaluate the information that you provide to us and respond accordingly.

You will be notified via e-mail when our account review is complete.

Below is the email I received on Sept 5 after I contacted them.

This is Erica from Amazon’s Account Health Support team.

Thank you for contacting us regarding Amazon Selling Account

What’s Next?
I have transferred your case to our Seller Performance team. In order to assist you in a timely manner, please allow our team to complete the review of your information before submitting another case. Once the review is complete, our team will send you a notification.

You can view your account performance at (https://sellercentral.amazon.com/performance/dashboard) or select Account Health on the home screen of the Amazon seller app on your iOS or Android device. Your Account Health shows how well your account is performing against the performance metrics and policies required to sell on Amazon.

– Download iOS App at (https://itunes.apple.com/na/app/amazon-seller/id794141485)
– Download Android App at (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.amazon.sellermobile.android&hl)

Thank you for selling with Amazon,

Thanks again for your help.

that is a VERY EASY review to pass, almost no one fails that review unless you were paying for feedback. Provide what they asked for.

Thanks for giving the help, and now I feel a bit confident on having the account reactivated. I don’t have any feedback, since the I have not sold anything yet. Do you think I should provide what they asked for in 2014 email, or just wait for their notification as stated in their recent email (Sept 5). Thanks a lot.

You are suspended from 2014, that’s what you have to appeal

Hi Friend,

I sent an email with answers to the questions to merchant-approval@amazon.com as instructed in their email in 2014, but the email was returned because of the wrong email address. I believe that the email address for the review department was changed. Then I had to open a case to ask the correct email address, but the case have been changed to Answered without replying anything. I really don’t know what to do right now. Could you please give me some help on this, if you could. Thank you so much.

Almost exact same issue but mine was suspended in 2009. Amazon has implemented some kind of automated process that is automatically marking cases answered with no answer given. I’ve been through the ringer including hiring an agency and it has been a nightmare. 4 months and still go around in circles. Best advice I received is just to reply to the answered cases and tell them it wasn’t answered. Good Luck.

Thanks for the info. I really feel a bit stressed weather I could get this account reactivated or not. I was told in this forum my case is the easy one, and never thought your similar case has been stuck for so long. Actually I got an email reply from them on 9/5 stating my case has been transferred to Seller Performance team. Did you ever received such email? I will do as you suggested, and will send updates to you if there is progress on my case. Do you think an agent could help? Thanks. Good luck to you too.

I wouldn’t feel too stressed, In the grand scheme of things I’ve seen on these forums about prior account(s) your case is relatively “mild” and is just a waiting game for you really.

Save the “Stress” for when you start selling (LOL)

Good comment. “Save the “Stress” for when you start selling”

Do you think how long they would let me wait? During the waiting what I should do to speed the process, or from now on I just seat and wait.

Sorry, that I don’t know. I’m sure there are forum members here that are better suited for that question. Me- I like to muti task - when one project is bogged down in red tape or something, I jump on other aspects or tasks needed. Or do research!

it can take weeks,months. so the first lesson for you to sell on Amazon is : seller performance team is the God to all sellers, and they are busy suspending seller accounts.

btw is there any updates?

Thanks for asking. On sept 18 I received an email from the Seller Performance Team. I replied the email (answered all 4 questions in detail) on the same day. As instructed I sent my answers by opening an case. Up to today I have not received anything from them ( almost 1 month now). During this period I repeated open case logs, but all the cases I opened have been marked as Answered. I feel really hopeless right now, and really don’t know what to do. The following was the email I received on 9/18. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks again!

Hello,

We received your submission but do not have enough information to reactivate your account at this time. To reactivate your account, please send the following:

– Greater detail on the root cause(s) .
– Greater detail on the actions you have taken to resolve .

– Greater detail on the steps you have taken to prevent going forward.

– Greater detail on evidence or examples that demonstrate that your account has complied with our policy.

How do I send the required information?
Submit this information at https://sellercentral.amazon.com/cu/contact-us.

What happens if I do not send the requested information?
If we do not receive the requested information within 14 days of the original notification, your account will remain deactivated.

do not send anything via seller support, they are helpless. but you do have to contact them ask them to correctly address the problem with your 2014 account, you can ask them call you if you want. then you can rewrite your appeal by click appeal button - submit additional information.

Thank you very much for the suggestions. The problem is the seller support never answers questions, and I really don’t know where to send my questions. Do you know any other contacts except the seller support? Thanks again.