user profile
Sign in
user profile

Product Safety Customer Complaints

by Seller_g4bYdMTjn9L6S

Hello Everyone,

One of our listing removed and here is copy of email and Reply We sent to them but they are asking for more information. We did provide their reply at the end of this. Can somebody please help to draft Plan of Action ?

Hello,

We have removed your listing below because of a complaint from a customer about the safety of the item. Your listing will remain inactive until we can work with you to resolve the concern.

Complaint Type ASIN Title Additional Information
Safety Incident B00WH8RBBY Miracle Blade World Class Series 18 Piece Set Including Knife Block
…We had our first set of Miracle Blade Knives for over 15 years. we bragged on them and bought other family members sets…
If you would like the listing to be reinstated, email your plan of action to safety-policy@amazon.com and include the following information:

Identify the cause of the safety complaint
Provide steps you have taken to resolve the issue and prevent similar issues going forward
Here are a few things to consider as you work on resolving this:

Sourcing – are you sourcing the product from a trusted supplier?
Listing – Is the product accurately described on Amazon? Have you ensured that there is no ambiguity and the customer is well informed?
Shipping – Have you taken all appropriate steps and quality checks to ensure that the product is stored, packed, and shipped appropriately?
Product testing – Have you taken steps to ensure that the product is safe to use?
Expiration date – Have you taken steps to ensure that the product was not shipped close to or past its expiration date?
Labeling - Does the product require additional warning labels for consumption?
Condition – Have you taken steps to ensure that the product was shipped in the described condition?

==================================================================
Here is our reply :

To Whom It May Concern:

This email is regarding the safety incident described by a customer for the Miracle Blade World Class Series 18 Piece Set Including Knife Block (ASIN: B00WH8RBBY).

Causes for Complaint:
• Rust
o The instructions say to HAND WASH to maintain the beauty of the knives. Additionally, there are also dishwasher instructions. It is likely that the user may not have washed and/or dried the knives properly, which caused them to rust.
• Cut from back of the blade
o This may have been due to incorrect usage by the customer. The knives come with instructions on handling and cutting. However, if this was a rare defect, we would be happy to replace the knives. The customer simply has to call for a replacement, as per our warranty.

The manufacturer would need to see the blades to confirm the customer’s claim about the defect that caused the injury. This is a claim that we have not encountered before despite having sold millions of knives. However, if this is, in fact, true, it would be an anomaly and we would be more than happy to replace the knife upon request.

The manufacturer has responded to the customer review but the customer has not yet reached out for a replacement, which leads us to believe that this complaint could have been from a competitor or counterfeiter hoping to disparage our product through a bad review.

Our Plan of Action:

We opened a case with Seller Support. The Case ID is as follows: xxxxxxx601.
We also requested an update to the bullet points provided on the product listing on Amazon so that future customers are better informed about the product and its limitations. The bullet points have now been updated to include the following information:
• Never Dull - Never need sharpening Provide Precision Control - For quick chopping, slicing, cutting and dicing
• The instructions specifically say to HAND WASH to maintain the beauty of the knives. There are also dishwasher instructions. Dishwasher Safe - Quick and painless cleanup
• Scrubbing the knives with foil (first wetting the foil) will easily remove any rust if washed improperly and not dried as per the instructions.
• Comfortable Composite Handles - Easy grip stops slipping and sliding. Attractive Design - Enhances any kitchen decor
• The knives come with instructions on handling and cutting. This Product comes with Manufacturer’s Warranty
We are sourcing the product directly from the manufacturer. The invoice is attached for your reference. We have also attached the aforementioned instructions that come with the Miracle Blade set.

Please let us know if there is anything else you may need, and I would be happy to provide it.

Below is reply after We sent above Plan of Action :

Hello,

The plan you provided does not identify:

– The cause of the below safety complaint
– Steps taken to prevent such complaints in the future

Safety Complaint: - I am disappointed. The knives started showing rust spots after the first washing. is not finished very well and is SHARP
ASIN: $B00WH8RBBY

To be sufficient, your plan must identify both the cause of the complaint and explain briefly the steps taken to prevent such complaints in the future.

Here are a few things to consider as you work on resolving this:

–Sourcing – Are you sourcing the product from a trusted supplier?
–Listing – Is the product accurately described on Amazon? Have you ensured that there is no ambiguity and the customer is well informed?
–Shipping – Have you taken all appropriate steps and quality checks to ensure that the product is stored, packed, and shipped appropriately?
–Product testing – Have you taken steps to ensure that the product is safe to use?
–Labeling – Does the product require additional warning labels for usage?
–Expiration date – Have you taken steps to ensure that the product was not shipped close to or past its expiration date?

Tags: Customer, SAFE-T
8 replies
8 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_g4bYdMTjn9L6S
In reply to: Seller_g4bYdMTjn9L6S's post

Can you please help ?

user profile
Seller_g4bYdMTjn9L6S

Hello Sellers,

Can somebody please help me ?

user profile
Seller_dqVIaIi6xarNS

Here is the review that triggered your problem. Amazon wants you to address this one single issue. They gave you a partial snipet from the review in your letter. I would be that Amazon is only concerned with the “cutting thier hand issue”. Bet you anything this is the only issue. You have to address this one single point. You must convince them that you have inspected all the knives for this so called " getting cut by the back of the knife"

Once satisfied, with your plan, they will reinstate you. I have already given you the “identify the problem”

Here it is…

“We had our first set of Miracle Blade Knives for over 15 years. we bragged on them and bought other family members sets for Christmas. i was excited to order another set (this set). I am disappointed. The knives started showing rust spots after the first washing. My other set is over 15 years old with no rust. The other reason for this review is that i cut myself twice. I know…I know, just keep reading. I cut myself on the BACK of the knives pressing down chopping an onion! The back or top of the blade is not finished very well and is SHARP. Poor Quality.
Raise the price…don’t lower the quality. I understand costs go up, I would pay more for better quality and a knife that won’t cut me from the BACK of the blade!”

Edited by: A Best Friend on Jan 26, 2018 12:35 PM

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post