Product not showing in search results

It’s been listed for a month now, but when i search for the exact product, my item isn’t there, any ideas?

is it a media item or something else?

no, it’s a keychain

If i didn’t see it in my inventory, i’d never know it was on amazon, it’s totally unsearchable.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CZ8RP12

Greetings giftsolutions,

Welcome to the Ask Amazon Seller Services forum.

I’m sorry to hear that your product is not appearing when you do a keyword search on Amazon.com.

Factors such as the history of buyer viewings, the sales history of an item, price, and current availability all influence the location which a specific product achieves in the search results. This means that products that sell better tend to be toward the beginning of the list. Therefore, as your sales increase you can expect your products to appear more frequently toward the beginning of the search results.

Due to the factors above, Amazon.com cannot guarantee that the product you are selling will appear in the first set of search results.

It is also important to note that when you search your listings by Product Name, the order of the words you are searching for will affect your search results. For example, if you would like to locate the title “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone” in your open listings, a search for the key words “stone potter” will not return the title you are looking for. However, if you search for “Harry Potter,” the listing you are looking for should appear in your search results.

Sometimes, you will not be able to quickly find the title you are looking for within our regular catalog search function. However, by using the Advanced Search feature, you can narrow your search using more specific criteria when trying to locate hard to find items in our Books, Music, DVD and Video stores.

To use the Advanced Search feature, simply go to the store you wish to search within by clicking to view the category on the left side of the main page (www.amazon.com). On the following page, click on the “Advanced Search” link which appears just below the search box drop-down near the top of the page. You can then search by specific item attributes to locate the title in question. I have included a screenshot of where you can find the Advanced Search feature.

Here are advanced search fields that may be useful in locating your item:

BOOKS: Keywords, Author, Title, Publisher, Subject, Format, Reader Age, Language, Publication Date.

Keep in mind that the Advanced Search feature is only available for media items (Books, Music, DVD and Video).

When you create a product detail page, it should appear on the website within fifteen minutes. However, it can take up to four days before a product’s title and keywords are searchable, even though you can find the product earlier if you search by ASIN. Note that our search engine will not start creating title or keyword searches until after you create a buyable listing for the product.

Newly created product detail pages will be searchable just as any other pages on our site. Our search engine will provide matching results for keywords, including title, author, publisher, ISBN/ASIN, and manufacturer. (It is not possible to search by UPC.) Any other search functionality that exists for Amazon.com pages will work for new pages, such as matching for actor in a video or DVD. Note: in order for your page to be searchable, you must create a Marketplace listing for the product.

If you would like more account specific assistance, please [contact Amazon Seller Support|https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/contact-us/contact-amazon-form.html].

Thank you for your inquiry.

What category did you list this in. The beige keychain is in office Products which seems wrong.

I can;t find a category for this item which suggests it may be in everything else. Finding items in Everything else can be problematic.

Some are also in Home as party favors.

But in any case this listing looks like EE and I suspect it could be part of the problem.

You can’t change it, only Amazon can.

Is this a page which existed which you listed the item on or did you create the detail page?

The pictures are awful and do not meet Amazon image standards.

not helpful but thanks.

I cannot find the listing at all. there are only 3 products like this so there are no other pages.

Depending on the type of keychain, some will be under Accessories which requires permission, or under Office Products category. It is unclear which fits where.

It shouldn’t be in EE for sure.

I can’t find where it’s listed. even under actions it doesn’t tell me where it’s listed.

Can you tell me how to change that? All I can see is to delete it or change the listing itself.

I had to create it. Should I just create a new one?

What’s wrong with the pictures. I thought they looked ok.

Greetings giftsolutions,

Below I have listed our image requirements:
-Images must accurately represent the product and show only the product that’s for sale, with minimal or no propping.
-MAIN images must have a pure white background (pure white blends in with the Amazon search and item detail pages - RGB values of 255, 255, 255).
-MAIN images must show the actual product (not a graphic or illustration), and must NOT show excluded accessories, props that may confuse the customer, text that is not part of the product, or logos/watermarks/inset images.
-The product must fill 85% or more of the image.
-Images should be 1000 pixels or larger in either height or width, as this will enable zoom function on the website (zoom has proven to enhance sales). The smallest your file should be is 500 pixels on the longest side.
-Amazon accepts JPEG (.jpg), TIFF (.tif), or GIF (.gif) file formats. JPEG is preferred.

I’ve tried To search keychain, but hundreds came up, can’t find it there. I’ve tried keychain boot, again lots came up and can’t find it, the moment I put ugg in there, only 2-3 show up. Regardless of where it’s listed, shouldn’t it come up if I search for my exact title?

perhaps if you go back to the page you created, and reversed the listing title to something like “key chain bob or fob (whatever they call those things) by UGG, Boot Facsimile” or something that highlights that it’s a key chain 1st, and an UGG boot style 2nd?

and add some tags and search terms to the listing that might help to further describe it.

good luck.

Edited by: The BookMark on Jun 8, 2013 12:10 AM

sorry jls - that was meant for the OP.

Holy cow. Now we can get long winded, copy/paste canned responses right here without ever having to email seller support. That’s really good to know. Tell me, did you even bother to actually +read+ the original post?? Did you attempt to search for the product that the seller has listed?? Are you even human or just another Amazon bot???

There’s a page for “Ugg Boot Key Chain” – in “Automotive.” But the two listings on that page are both for actual boots!

[http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B001NR3MH2/sr=8-1/qid=1370668316/ref=olp_tab_all?ie=UTF8&colid=&coliid=&me=&qid=1370668316&seller=&sr=8-1]

Ya gotta love Amazon’s catalog controls! :^0

PS: And the 346 boot key rings that the “all” search turns up are – everywhere. They’re everywhere!

'Course that search turned up an amazing number of totally irrelevant pages, too. Crazy!

Edited by: jls on Jun 8, 2013 1:24 AM

and this is slightly off topic, but when I search “UGG key chain” I get 5 hits and the 1st one is this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B001NR3MH2/ref=dp_olp_0?ie=UTF8&condition=all

there are 2 sellers on the page, both appear to be selling the actual UGG boots ???

the category is office and school supplies?

I only sell BMVD, and I thought that part of the catalog was messed up, but that is way weird.

Good luck fixing that mess.