Product containing hemp flagged for CBD, no response from product compliance team

My listing for a product I have been selling on Amazon for 7 months was deactivated due to it falsely containing CBD. I sell hemp based products, but none have any cannabanoids (THC or CBD) in them and I have submitted documentation supporting this. I have contacted seller support numerous times, sent the product compliance team numerous emails with the supporting documentation proving that my product does NOT contain CBD or THC, and have also emailed the seller performance team and I have had no response from anyone. Seller support continuously gives me the runaround telling me to contact the product compliance team, which I have already done, and yet nothing is being taken care of. There are multiple cases open that never get resolved. My listing was removed in error and now I cannot get it reinstated even though I have the proper documentation. Is there anyone who has dealt with this or knows what I can do next to escalate this further and try to get it taken care of? My patience is wearing thin and it is the most helpless feeling to be waiting around for the product compliance team to do anything. Any feedback or help would be appreciated.

I have had similar issues with some of my clients who I have helped to get product back that were removed for containing restricted ingredients. It is not easy as you have found out and there is a way to prevent it from happening again. Not sure if we can communicate outside of this area somehow but if you know of a way reply. This is my first post here since I was researching CBD products for a new client and want to make sure what is and is not allowed.

I need help in this matter as well. My product does not have CBD or THC. Its a simple cold pressed hemp oil product but has been falsely flagged as cbd product

Would you mind helping me. I have a similar problem. My listing been wrongly flagged for CBD

I was just wondering if anyone got resolution of their case?

And yet these people seem to be just fine, selling away with SO MANY VIOLATIONS. see ASIN B07NZD7HSH

We had that probelm before with a product made with Canadian Hemp Seed Oil, which is essentially free of cannabinoids. I took us months to get the listing back, in spite of having submitted documentation supporting our claim.

Hello KNDirect-

Seems like we now also have a similar problem. Were you able to solve the issues presented by the other sellers? Can you help us too?

What documentation did you provide that allowed for you to get the listing back?

Certificate of analysis from the manufacturer.

ALL HEMP CONTAINS CBD… Amazon prohibits the sales of CBD product. However they currently have 9,000 listings of “hemp oil” Someone up the legal chain doesn’t know that Hemp is federally legal since December 2018. This is the worst case of contributing to the misinformation of CBD and or Hemp oil.

@Humble_Acres, Your statement

is a bit of an overstatement

Yes, the Agriculture Improvement Act of 2018 was signed into law. Among other things, this new law changes certain federal authorities relating to the production and marketing of hemp, defined as cannabis ( Cannabis sativa L. ), and derivatives of cannabis with extremely low (less than 0.3 percent on a dry weight basis) concentrations of the psychoactive compound delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). These changes include removing hemp from the Controlled Substances Act, which means that it will no longer be an illegal substance under federal law.

Just as important is what the law didn’t change: Congress explicitly preserved the FDA’s authority to regulate products containing cannabis or cannabis-derived compounds under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FD&C Act) and section 351 of the Public Health Service Act.

Additionally, it’s unlawful under the FD&C Act to introduce food containing added CBD or THC into interstate commerce, or to market CBD or THC products as, or in, dietary supplements, regardless of whether the substances are hemp-derived. This is because both CBD and THC are active ingredients in FDA-approved drugs and were the subject of substantial clinical investigations before they were marketed as foods or dietary supplements. Under the FD&C Act, it’s illegal to introduce drug ingredients like these into the food supply, or to market them as dietary supplements.

Yet the hulled hemp seed (GRN765), hemp seed protein powder (GRN771), and hemp seed oil (GRN778) are allowed… Funny that CBD and THC are “prohibited” yet the foods containing said compounds are legal??
What plant’s compound is prohibited from adding to food? Answer: Cannabis Sativa
What plant can be added to foods? Cannabis Sativa

@Humble_Acres, My interest in the marijuana legalization, is purely academic, I don’t believe I will have another opportunity in my lifetime to watch a constitutional crisis regarding Federalism and State Rights unfold in this manner (local grassroots to the Federal Government as opposed to the usual Federal down to the individual states as mandate). But I think the keys are Interstate Commerce and marketing health claims which cannot meet the FDA required burden of proof.

My previous post is essentially a cut and paste from an FDA memo.

I couldn’t agree with you more! If you would like a place to share research we have a community app with a focus group on the topic. We would seriously love to have you. The app is the same name is our name here.

Hi I am wondering if you ever found a resolve? I am in the same boat- flagged prohibited cbd/thc and its just hemp oil

Nothing. Seller support was completely useless. Maybe email Jeff Bezos and see what he says?

Were you able to get your listing reinstated. I just had my listing for weed baggies removed because it’s paraphernalia packaging. I also had the word “weed” in the title. Now I have to do a removal shipment. Can I reship the inventory back to the warehouse and relist under new ASIN and title?

You 100% cannot put “weed” anywhere in your listing. You will most likely have to do a removal order and then ship everything back in under a new ASIN.

I had to deal with seller support, but my case was a little different.