user profile
Sign in
user profile

Problems getting approved for gated asin but approved for whole brand

by Seller_n2FqlsspdlH84

We are trying to sell a a gated product (yes we are allowed/authorized to do so)
we actually already got authorized to sell products for that entire brand on amazon (as in amazon accepeted our application for the brand)

We submitted an invoice as requested by amazon

But for this single product, Im not sure why but they keep saying that theres not the information they need on the invoice and i cannot figure out why they keep rejecting it, even though we were approved for the brand after providing them the invoices we received from the same distro we’ve been dealing with.

The only problem i can see is that the title the distro sells under is slightly different than the amazon listing but its literally the same product. Is that possibly the issue?

how can we convey to them that its the same product sku and not get the cookie cutter response…

it feels like were dealing with a brick wall

Tags: Deals
4 replies
4 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_B819xl0IH8swz
In reply to: Seller_n2FqlsspdlH84's post

Sometimes there can appear to be neither rhyme nor reason to Amazon’s approval process, but persistence helps. Just make sure that you have all of your seller information on the invoice; address, phone number. Sometimes I include the URL to my supplier’s website. If the item has multiple points of reference, ie…a different sku than ASIN, I usually list both with a / separating the two…ie, PRODUCT SKU/ASIN. Even still, you can be knocking on the wall for a while before they let you in…even if you are product approved.

Be polite, respectful, but most importantly persistent. Responses will always be cookie cutter, even once they do approve.

Best of luck!
David

user profile
Seller_3N7yVnTXPzLkL
In reply to: Seller_n2FqlsspdlH84's post

Yes it can be.

There are products which are packaged for big customers which are the same product but not the same product as sold through distribution.

For example, there are Avery Products which are physically the same but have different UPCs or different UPCs and Part Numbers for Staples and Office Depot/Officemax.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post