user profile
Sign in
user profile

Pro Seller monthly fee

by Seller_8bKTbjGobJoAL

With nearly everybody else stepping up right now, Amazon could at least waive the monthly pro seller fee for a month or two. It would provide a small amount of relief for the decline in sales. Yeah, yeah, I know, I’m living in a dream world. Greed rules

Tags: Fees
210 replies
210 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_oewHJOFDM7eyN
In reply to: Seller_8bKTbjGobJoAL's post

I thought about posting this topic myself. I decided since it would cost Amazon money that it will not fly.
The Amazon loan skipping a payment will not cost much if at all since the payments will go to the end of the loan.
Waiving the monthly fee, for those of us who are not selling beans, would engender some confidence in Amazon for me as a seller.
$40 times how many sellers, 2M or so, would reduce the bottom line for investors so that is why I did not open a thread on this topic.
I completely agree that some relief from the Amazon coffers would be appreciated.

user profile
Seller_d7Z0MKOJalf7S

The thing is that Amazon already provides you with a way to avoid the monthly fee by downgrading to an Individual account.
Of course this action does have some undesirable consequences…

user profile
Seller_SAxzovMnNqWS0

Well, Amazon is prohibiting us from sending in our merchandise (for the most part). They should be like my local telephone monopoly. I don’t get charged for the days that service isn’t available.

user profile
Seller_XFj8akGqahG0f

am enterprises if you really can’t afford the 40 dollars a month maybe just maybe your in the wrong business. I could understand if you were talking about 200 or 300 dollars a month but your talking about 40 a month and your still making sales while this is going on. please its okay to ask amazon to help you but 40 dollars? come on. call your mortgage company and ask for a suspension of payments for 3 months, call the electric company and have them defer payments for a few months call credit cards and let them know you need 90 days…why are you looking at saving a few dollars when the 3 i just offered you could save you 1700 a month or more.

user profile
Seller_1SI2WUvvnzLny

they are not fulfilling orders in time yet charging everything right on the second. the way of the greed. oh well

user profile
Seller_3HVnfEeZPSx2I

SERIOUSLY!!! And now that we are talking about the “seller monthly fee”… what exactly is that paying for? We are already paying a commission, FBA fees (god forbid you don’t use FBA, your products may never be found), and are completely robbed with advertising fees… Aren’t you making enough money Amazon??? Don’t be greedy and share the wealth. Waive the monthly sellers fee, or just get rid of it all together.

user profile
Seller_weq1yECulcYSo

amazing i said the same thing a week ago and everyone was telling me to leave amazon, ready to cut my head off, etc…

user profile
Seller_sAxVomWVRQDKg

I agree, waiving seller fees for a month or two would be a nice gesture, especially to FBA sellers who are stranded, but still paying fees.

I wouldn’t end your request for generosity with an accusation that greed rules as that takes away from the power of what otherwise comes across as a reasonable request that someone otherwise might have paid attention to while perusing the forums.

That’s equivalent of, “Brother, can you spare a dime? BUT, I don’t think you will because you are a greedy bastard, so never mind!”
Probably not the wisest approach to asking for assistance or a handout.

user profile
Seller_vOiATD1SWZZi9

Why do any of you people sell on Amazon? Nothing about the experience seems to please you. You are whining about $39 a month? Is your business plan so poor that $39 makes any real difference to you. Maybe you should not be in business in the first place. Every time I come to this forum all I see is whining about how Amazon is doing enough for you. Every customer you have here and every sale you make here is because of the way Amazon does business not because of you. Customers come to Amazon because of the experience and security they feel when buying on this platform not because of a seller that is selling the same thing as another thousand sellers. Maybe Amazon should also provide a cleaning service to clean your office or warehouse. Maybe they should be required to send you and your employees a birthday card each year. Where does it stop with you people? How about Amazon refund you the portion of your $39 a month for every day that you don’t sell anything? Most of the sellers on Amazon would not even be in business if it weren’t for Amazon. They have given you the opportunity to be in business for yourself and all you want is MORE MORE MORE, Ok. now let the whining continue

user profile
Seller_aEzr9PjpfpuxN

You crying over $40. You should stop selling on Amazon then. no one is here to give you a handout. My account has been on Vacation mode of 2 weeks now and the week before barely sales had dropped of by 70% I am happy to pay the $40 I’ll be back up and running in a week or two.cost of doing business

Go to original post