user profile
Sign in
user profile

Prime and first class mail?

by Seller_Fk5eg9UGgAr2H

Good morning fellow Amazon sellers…
Quick question for everyone
I stopped selling Prime the first of May because Amazon removed first class shipping options for Prime orders based on delivery times with USPS.
My products are light weight and it wasn’t really an option to expedite orders using any other shipping method.

Can anyone tell me if this feud between Amazon and USPS first class mail for Prime orders is over with or is this the new normal?
Thank you in advance.

Tags: Prime, Shipping, USPS
42 replies
42 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_WQj6Zg0jH6DBA
In reply to: Seller_Fk5eg9UGgAr2H's post

No change … still no first class.

I don’t see it as a “feud” … it is tough to package a 2-5 day service into a 2-day delivery promise.

user profile
Seller_olet7eVOHxQZd

The new normal. They even removed first-class from the transit file.

user profile
Seller_JEWorRT5Cq6Jj

We will see the occasional Prime-2nd day delivery order that can go first class. Usually, the order has to be placed early in the afternoon on Wednesday and not travelling too far from our warehouse. All the others are Priority Mail.

user profile
Seller_3N7yVnTXPzLkL

First Class Delivery Time is now later than Media Mail for my instate shipments and to neighboring states. USPS estimates now reflect the latest routing changes. Definitely do not meet SFP requirements.

user profile
Seller_oEw5wUNHgJxxP

If it is a feud, it is a fake one. We proved that when we were doing what I would consider to be Small and Light (S&L) SFP (Seller Fulfilled Prime) with 98% on time delivery using first class. It is how you operate, not the service you use. But that’s gone now.

No FC (First Class) allowed, no change. However, we have been presented it on occasion. We just never expect it. Oddly we have had some require priority in our neighborhood. Our postmaster laughed at us and asked why we were using Priority when we could use first class.

Sigh…

user profile
Seller_Iax15hxoENYMQ

it is not a feud
Amazon knows that the post office first class mail system sucks and can not get mail in 2 days like prime needs to be
i cant even get first class mail in my own state in less than 3 days thats a joke.
amazon knows how unreliable the post office is and is punishing the seller for it more or less.
that is the main reason i opted out of sfp as there is no way to ship small inexpensive items for less than priority mail rates

user profile
Seller_EO8Du4XGl3BTE

Where did the idea of a feud come from?

As far as I’ve heard and seen, it occurred because USPS FC just isn’t consistent enough.

We used it for awhile, worked pretty well but only within major cities near us (300 miles or less). Sucks that its gone, but I get it. Saves some SFP sellers from themselves I suppose.

user profile
Seller_Fk5eg9UGgAr2H

Thanks All!
I was hoping changes would have been made by now, but I guess that’s history.
Thanks for the information.

user profile
Seller_A4VZIiqJ9SrJA

Then just change it to Free Shipping and you can send it 1st class

user profile
Seller_quHEQbQeS05xI

Prime standard shipping we get away with 1st Class but Prime shipping yes 1st Class is out… Blessings to you…

Go to original post