Prepaid returns for seller fulfilled orders AUTOMATIC when it shouldnt

Sometimes we want to lie down in the fetal position and weep

If you read the thread, only Sellers using “Return Overrides” are having issues. Your return may relate to holiday returns by Amazon.

We are using Return Overrides, not related to holiday returns

That’s why you are having the issue.

THIS JUST HAPPENED to me. All of mine need approval.

Wait you needed to approve it now or you are getting auto approvals like all of us?

Auto approval and all of mine require special shipping. I will not sell here if this is not fixed.
Seller support is useless and they don’t get it.

Well we know this…we been saying this the entire time :slight_smile:

Welcome to the club

A couple years ago before they had overrides I had to explain to Amazon that certain products could not be returned for health and sanitation reasons. Like reselling and restocking opened and used chewing gum. They got it and set up the overrides. It was not fair to sellers who were unable to restock returned items such as these.

The silence and response from Amazon on this issue is deafening.

Reading the seller help area this does not appear to be a glitch.
https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/G202072200

You can request exemptions for SKUs that fall under the following categories:

• Items that have special shipping or handling requirements (for example, dangerous goods)
  • Items that are non-returnable by law
  • High-valued items (higher than $100) that need special shipping (for example, items that require special shipping insurance)
  • Non-physical items (for example, warranties, digital software, or digital coupons)

Effective October 30, 2019, exemptions due to having a different address or due to having better return shipping rates from a different carrier are not supported.

WHAT THIS IS A LACK OF COMMUNICATING A VERY IMPORTANT CHANGE TO ALL SELLERS. NOT AN EMAIL, NOT A NOTICE ON SELLER CENTRAL AND NOT ANYTHING IN SELLER NEWSLETTERS.

Yes, please correct this glitch asap. We are paying the return shipping cost even though it is customers’ fault. We have different return address and now we have to send them back to another location. This causes a big headache for all of us here. Also our products require special handling. We do not want to see the customers get hurt without hearing from us first on how to prepare for returns. Please help. Thank you.

This 100% has to be a glitch. Amazon still supports the “Return Attribute Overrides” As you can see by going into your return settings. Yes, they have made made some changes to the Return Attribute Overrides and yes, they have eliminated some of the reasons that they grant an exemption, BUT, they still have those 4 exemption reasons you listed. It is up to Amazon to approve or decline a buyer’s reason for exemption request for a specific SKU. If they approve the exemption, then the auto authorization of prepaid labels should NOT be happening. That is the issue sellers are having. They have approved exemptions for specific SKU’s that are still getting auto authorized rather than being sent to the seller for auto review. @James_Amazon and/or @Chris_Amazon, when can we expect this issue to be resolved?

I just spoke with an Amazon service representative. Amazon put a new return policy for the holiday season. All returns will be automatically approved by Amazon and sellers will pay return shipping costs. No matter if your products are dangerous, requires special handling, too large and heavy, different return address, etc. They will do this until the end of January after the holiday season is over and additional 30 days for return period. This is a shock to me, as we never receive any notice from Amazon about this. I asked her to pass my concerns to the Amazon management, as a seller that would create lots of problems for sellers and increase the costs a lot. That would also create big problem for buyers if the items are dangerous to handle without proper instructions from sellers if Amazon automatically approves it. We will have to halt our sales on Amazon until the end of January when Amazon normal return policy is back. It is too bad for everyone, the sellers, Amazon and buyers who lose chances to buy from us. A lose situation for everyone. Sad. Here is the link to this new policy: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=15015721&referral=A2S3QQN6UR9VYT_AXE4OO2GCA4HP

Please do not post to this thread unless you absolutely know what you are talking about. You are referencing FBA orders NOT FBM. Even in the link you provided complelely disqualifies what you just posted!!!

" Seller Return Policy

When you order from a seller that fulfills and ships its own inventory (also called a third party seller), your return is sent back to the seller instead of Amazon.com. While most sellers offer a returns policy equivalent to Amazon.com’s, some seller returns policies may vary. You can view the return policy of the seller before you purchase an item by viewing the Returns and Refunds Policy section of the seller profile page. To view the seller’s return policy, once you’ve ordered, you can select your order in the Online Returns Center.

Third-party sellers must either provide a return address within the United States, provide a prepaid return label, or offer a full refund without requesting the item be returned. If a seller does not offer these methods to return your items, you may file an A-to-z Guarantee claim to seek help with your return.

If you are sending the item within the United States and the order is valued at $100 or more, insure the shipment for the value of the merchandise and ship your return with a signature shipping service. Items valued over $35 must be returned to the seller with a trackable shipping service. For items below $35, we suggest USPS delivery confirmation service. If a package doesn’t arrive and you don’t use a trackable method to return or if you refuse the shipment as a method of return, we may not be able to cover you under the A-to-z Guarantee.

Note: If the seller’s listing is eligible for Amazon Prime, it will be subject to the same return policies as items fulfilled by Amazon.com that are outlined on this page."

See this paragraph.

YES, exactly, proves my point. At this point we cannot provide a “return address” because it is being auto authorized. This is a bug, not policy.

What is your point? I wish you are right that “This is a bug, not policy.” But according to the Amazon representative, it is a new policy. “Third-party sellers must either provide a return address within the United States, provide a prepaid return label, or offer a full refund without requesting the item be returned.” This really hurts lots of sellers.

Your “return address” is already in Amazon, not you manually enter it every time for each return authorization.

My point is, please do not distract the moderators from looking into this. (which is happening). Unless you talked to some in Seatle and NOT OVERSEAS, most likely the information you were provided was wrong.