Prepaid returns for seller fulfilled orders AUTOMATIC when it shouldnt

The problem is Amazon changed their policy that start from Oct 30, 2019 they will not support the override reason that “Special shipping rate or different warehouse address”, so all of us need to choose the new reason to override the Auto Return. For our products are big and heavy, so we choose the override reason “Big and Heavy”, and yesterday it works, the auto return stops and become need seller approved.

The issue is with all reason codes and not only “BETTER_RATES” and “DIFF_ADDRESS”

If you are going to respond please read it all. We have a seller on here that has 2 accounts…one was never touched and the other was. It’s a glitch!!!

whats the latest update on this issue?

No update yet! we are also waiting

Up to 40 returns as of now! UGH!!! Lets go @Chris_Amazon @James_Amazon!!!

We are in the same exact boat. Has anyone been able to find a fix or work around yet?

We are at 105 auto authorized returns since 11/20. It is approving out of policy returns and anything sent our way. We have been unable to get help for out of policy approvals or return attribute over rides. Hopefully we can get some help here.

If Amazon has acting stupid, I would suggest you to have PO box as a return address.
Amazon would be compelled to generate a USPS label and UPS will not deliver to a PO box.
USPS costs less than UPS and rest is self explanatory.

This is not good advice. If you do this, Amazon will use Priority Mail for all returns, including heavy ones, and heavy Priority Mail is hugely more expensive than Amazon’s UPS rates. The statement “USPS costs less than UPS” is false for those packages.

We had this happen when Amazon somehow “invalidated” our UPS street return address and all our returns went to our PO Box. Returns that should have cost us maybe $4.50 or something cost $8.46 or more, and it would only be worse for heavier items. I wrote about this here:

bunga bunga!

@Chris_Amazon @James_Amazon Could someone PLEASE explain to me why override reason “REQUIRES_SPECIAL_SHIPPING“ is still not working. This is still a valid reason per the last publication on 11/4/2019. After upload all my SKUs, are approved. This is absolutely ridiculous.

We had some special offers for Black Friday and Cyber Monday, now getting returns for Better price available!

OH I had those too! UGH!!!

You can deduct the cost of the return label and a restock fee when a return is due Better Price available.

Per policy yes we can, but the buyer whose return reason is Better Price Available is certainly looking for full refund or he/she is going to leave negative seller feedback, this has happened in the past unfortunately

Yes, but you can argue to have the feedback removed. We do this all the time and throw the Amazon return policy at Seller Support that shows we can ding the customer 20% for BPA. Sometimes its a challenge and time consuming, but it can be removed.

Has anyone found a reason that will work? We are at 117 auto authorized orders and over 600 dollars in shipping charges that we are out. There has to be a work around. It doesn’t appear amazon is going to help us.

Still waiting on @Chris_Amazon @James_Amazon Could PLEASE explain to US why override reason “REQUIRES_SPECIAL_SHIPPING“ is still not working. This is still a valid reason per the last publication on 11/4/2019. After upload all my SKUs, are approved. This is absolutely ridiculous.

I saw where someone posted that using the reason “heavy” worked for them. Has anyone found that to be the case.

When creating your files, are you putting anything in the Pre-Paid Exemption Comments?

We are all waiting since November 21. It seems like the issue is with all reason codes!