user profile
Sign in
user profile

Potential pricing errors offer deactivation notification in Pricing Health

by News_Amazon

Amazon detects potential pricing errors in your listings based on several factors including the Marketplace Fair Pricing Policy and the Featured Offer price. When we identify these potential errors, we will notify you. In more serious cases, we might deactivate the affected listings to avoid a potentially negative customer experience.

You can review your offers that have been deactivated because of potential pricing errors in Pricing Health. Reconsidering your price inputs in Pricing Health may resolve this pricing issue and reactivate your offer. We have also provided reference prices to help you identify any potential pricing errors.

Visit Pricing Health today to see if you have any potential pricing errors for review or learn more about Pricing Health and other notifications available.

Tags: News and Announcements
401 replies
401 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_oewHJOFDM7eyN
In reply to: News_Amazon's post

thanks this notice was funny.

user profile
Seller_KrZd7nzelQbPD

Needs process to APPEAL
My listing was removed from Buy Box eligibility because lower pricing found outside of Amazon.

The problem was that there were sellers offering below brand MAP pricing, which they should not be doing. Since I adhered to the terms from the brand, I was punished.

Since Amazon will not enforce MAP, and often it take time for the Brand to enforce MAP, there needs a way for Amazon to allow us to ignore bogus pricing.

user profile
Seller_nrTXCbYqstURY

I’ve been selling for awhile now on this platform, I found it weird how my listings were deactivated for pricing errors but were priced LESS THAN or SAME AS Amazon. After 6 days of emails back and forth, (and Amazon’s inventory was all sold), was my listing reinstated. I call BS on Fair Marketplace pricing.

user profile
Seller_A7FL0Wgdamunp

I think you forgot to include Amazon’s anti-competitive behavior as one of the reasons. If my price is the SAME as Amazon’s, or god forbids, LOWER than Amazon’s, take a guess who’s listings would be deactivated due to “potential pricing errors”? Sure it could be incompetent coding, but since it is still the case after quite a while and so many sellers’ complaints, it is becoming malicious.

user profile
Seller_xeDdQgRH5VZwO

This is a joke of a “News” post. It doesn’t at all address the main issue with these “Potential Pricing Errors”

I posted this before, but I had a Pokemon Card flagged for a “Potential High Pricing Error” and the item was at $1 with free shipping. Your amazingly useless Seller Support advised me to lower the price for an item that was already $1!

Whatever system you use for these Pricing Errors needs to be fixed, but we all know that won’t happen.

user profile
Seller_5tHvyB7e5ELWT

Amazon has deactivated a couple of my listings, and I am the only one who has it listed. So there is no other price to compare it to. Something is fishy about this.

user profile
Seller_ZMQqvBsWfSwrF

Did something suddenly change with how you address this (like in the last 2 hours)? You have NEVER offered reference prices, even upon request. In fact, I’m looking at an e-mail from just 12 hours ago for a deactivation of a hard to find, out of print book and there is NO reference pricing. Not to mention, my price was LOWER than others who had the same book listed in WORSE condition.

This notice is an absolute lie.

user profile
Seller_wPxPtw5ci8IUo

I get it if someone is gouging, but if my prices are MSRP or below, they should stay active and the buyer should be able to decide. In my case, most are marked inactive for pricing errors because AMAZON is selling the same item below my cost. THAT is the pricing error. Additionally, other times when my listing gets shut down for a pricing error, Amazon’s price is higher. How the hell am I supposed to work with that? This should flag “potential” errors and if you deem your price accurate, and the price is within a reasonable range, the listing should stay active. This algorithm is set too tight and I don’t believe it runs on Amazon’s own listings.

user profile
Seller_EaXxdawRo2l6o

I get most pricing errors after attempting to decrease pricing. How is that a good experience for customers?

user profile
Seller_RxTyqBmpWLFi1

Amazon has no idea what they are doing with this.

Go to original post