Possible to sell knock off or fake products?

Now before you all go bazurk about the title. I wanted to ask if it is to purposefully sell knock off items as knock off items. Stating it in the title of the item and in the description that the product is not genuine but just as good at a lower price. I believe this is another market in itself. Amazon is this allowed and other sellers what do you think. I will try to follow up with comments.

thank you

You can not sell knock offs. If they have trademarked designs, patents, etc its not allowed here or even legal. You can sell items that are similar but can’t infringe.

Amazon Anti-Counterfeiting Policy

Customers trust that they can always buy with confidence on Amazon.com. Products offered for sale on Amazon.com must be authentic. The sale of counterfeit products, including any products that have been illegally replicated, reproduced, or manufactured, is strictly prohibited.

We take product authenticity very seriously. It is each seller’s responsibility to source and sell only authentic products. If you sell counterfeit goods, we may immediately suspend or terminate your selling privileges and destroy inventory in our fulfillment centers without reimbursement. In addition, if we determine that a seller account has been used to engage in fraud or other illegal activity, remittances and payments may be withheld or forfeited. The sale of counterfeit goods can also lead to legal action by rights holders and civil and criminal penalties.

We are constantly innovating on behalf of our customers and working with manufacturers, content owners, vendors, and sellers to improve the ways we detect and prevent counterfeit products from reaching our marketplace. We work hard on this issue every day because we know that our customers trust that they are buying authentic products when they shop on Amazon.com. This is why we stand behind the products sold on our site with our A-to-z Guarantee. We also encourage anyone who has a product authenticity concern to notify us, and we will investigate it thoroughly and take any appropriate actions.

So…no.

I was about to spill my coffee laughing and that is messy!

You mean like the “Phone”?

I would think that if you are selling an item that coincidently looks like another, and you are in no way advertising that it is a knock off, you would not have a problem as long as you keep your prices reasonable.

Try alibaba

You do realize that there is a market for them. The only problem is, well, it is an illegal market. I hear there is high demand for narcotics as well, why not give that a try too.

IMO you are likely to be suspended.

Like the seller who listed knockoffs of Yves Saint Laurent Y Line handbags.

The problem is that many knock off items, even if not represented as genuine, are a violation of the original manufacturer’s intellectual property rights.

If you have to ask this question, you do not know enough to know what you can get away with offering and how to write your listings. And I doubt that the collective knowledge on this forum would be enough to maintain a long term presence on this site.

If you are asking a question like that, that tells me you haven’t read any of Amazon’s policies that you’ve agreed to.

Is it legal to shoplift if you tell the clerk on the way out that you did it? So how is it different to sell someone’s copyrighted designs under another name and thinking it’s OK because you said it was fake?

There are tons of generic product on Amazon right now, that has been here for probably 5 years or so, that would probably be considered knockoff, but they are generic.
And Amazon has allowed it to happen for many many many many years.

Im talking about electronic items. Its up to you if you want to take the chance or not, but
I know a company, and all they sell is generic items that are basically knock offs.

And this company sells a lot on Amazon and the net.

No. not even the first troll thread from the OP

I believe you can try this, but you will need to get authorization.

You will also need to apply to be in the “knock-off” category.
Currently, the fee to apply for the knock-off category is $500, and it is none refundable.

Please note this fee covers the cost of inspection and shipping merchandise you will be selling to see if it is worthy of being considered a “knock-off”. If the item is really high quality, then you won’t be able to sell it as a knock-off and may need to apply to sell it as a “real” item.

Are you talking about generic items?

Do apologize for that.

I am still doing research on this category…

NO, it is not. Not only will it get you banned/suspended from Amazon, but it gives the authorities directions to your house for prosecution.

This was a simple question regarding the many new sellers that have appeared on amazon. I’m sorry that my market research is thorough enough even for your business to notice a trend. And dont get me wrong, I do provide my customers the best service every customer deserves. Even though I appreciate your comment and feedback, I do not agree with your accusation of being "original.

Have a wonderful Sunday

p.s. My name is Jay

No, not allowed.

Thank you for all the response, I wasn’t trying to be funny or anything. I truly believe that there is a market for knock offs that is why i asked. To be clear have not and do not sell any imitations or knock offs, and am fully aware of amazon’s selling policy.