Petition to Jeff/Executive Team regarding FBA Issues

I send in very small quantities to FBA compared to most sellers and I used to have almost zero issues. Starting in mid may of this year, almost every single shipment I have sent into the ABE8 NJ warehouse have been undercounted and over-counted in receiving. For some reason whoever is in charge of receiving the items keeps mixing up the sku count sent in separate shipments.

Basically they undercount the skus sent in one shipment and another box that is sent days later is over-counted by the exact number of units missing from the previous shipment.

I guess I should consider myself luckier than most in the sense that at least the units are still accounted for but I do not like the idea that it looks like I am the one miscounting quantities that I send in when this is not the case.

Exhibit A below…

Here is another example…of Fulfillment center mixing up multiple separate shipments.

PLEASE SIGN ME UP - Patch Brigade (updated seller name last year)

I posted about this in another post.

I seem to ALWAYS get something not accurate on every shipment. I don’t understand how they can mess it up and they still blame us and we have to take the loss. We ship all items in one box, but separate each sku in it’s own bag. We have small items, so we started shipping each sku in qty of 30 (the same as a sheet of labels with the ASINs). We literally count the items 5 times when packing and shipping.

1. initial pick of items to send
  2. recount to print labels
  3. recount when putting in bag
  4. recount when applying labels (no labels left over or short, which means we were correct)
  5. lastly, we recount and put them in a ZIP LOC bag, with a pink paper in the bag showing the count.

Then when FBA receives it, they will say there was 28 of this sku, 29 of that sku, 26 of this sku, 29 of that sku. What is going on there, cmon. I couldn’t make it any easier for them.

They loosing or stealing items in almost every my shipment. 9 times out of 10.

Similar experiences lately. Made a single shipment (one box) a few weeks ago to CMH3. Box included two sets of identical books (same FNSKU) bound into 20-lbs packages each. UPS received the box and weighed it on receipt at 40.44 lbs. Amazon received the package from UPS, proceeded to take several weeks to process and reported only receiving one of the item.

One item weighs 20 lbs, shipment weighed 40 lbs. Seller [non-]Support has stonewalled me also with similar unethical tactics as described by others. And fees keep going up and up while service goes down.

Amazon is becoming more unreliable and harder to communicate with every month. This situation of the Amazon warehouse mis-handling Seller’s FBA inventory may have happened several times before, as it apparently has for others, but this case is one that is so clearly Amazon’s fault instead of mine, that I am livid about how Amazon simply rejects out of hand any possibility that they may have messed up.

Making gazillions of $$$ profit from fees and more fees and more fees is not enough for them. Now they think they need to ROB their Third-party Sellers of their inventory as well.

And about reimbursements: I laugh and then want to cry every time I see “The item was damaged in the fulfillment center. Amazon takes responsibility for this damage. No further action is required.” This used to be followed up with a reimbursement for the damaged (or lost) item, but that isn’t even happening now.

Somebody needs to stop sexting nude selfies and take care of their business before the employees destroy it.

Same Problem I hear you loud and clear. FBA prepped upon receiving over a Month ago-Now All 750 units are “Missing”/and have been for over a month!
THEY DECIDE THEIR OWN TWEEKING OF POLICY-IM GETTING EXCUSES LIKE IVE NEVER SEEN-B.S.
What Now? Oh, They decided to Cancel the Reimbursement ID too!

We Sellers have Rights, need legal action ASAP.

Jeff@Amazon is that really ceo?
Thx for your opinion!

Over 100 books missing in the last 2 months myself with the same results, no help. You are not alone. It it’s very clear by box weight and box content that the shipment was received however I’ve had no luck getting compensation even as they now also require “proof of ownership” which is a detailed receipt with name and isbn for each USED book lost. This seems like theft to me. Maybe if enough sellers complain someone will listen. I’ve lost sell over $2500 in books in only 2 months. I’m a small seller and this will put me under very fast if Amazon won’t even acknowledge the problem.

I’m in the same boat. Seller support won’t listen to reason and logic – arguments re: box weights, etc. Oddly, they haven’t dinged me for having inbound performance errors, for having a discrepancy between the box contents I provided and what they actually received. It’s almost as if they know it’s their fault that they failed to receive and lost my inventory. Have you tried emailing Jeff? I thought I would do that as a last resort, after I’d exhausted all other possibilities.

Used book seller here. Same problem. Now add “Proof of ownership” requirement! Please Help.
Amazon now requires detailed receipts for USED BOOKS before they will reimburse for lost (stolen) books. In 2 months over 100 books have been “missing and investigated”. Wtf? Since my software literally loads the shipment and box content as I pack each box myself (and take photos), I am 100% positive every item was shipped and delivered. So, How does a used book seller show Proof of Ownership” for used books bought in bulk? Customer Service is absolutely not interested in helping and it’s costing $1000’s.

sign me up, I’ve lost a few shipments and I have some items that say there is inventory when there is not. It’s ridiculous how hard is it to count? Who is accountable for this? Seller Support doesn’t respond? This is more of a cover up than Epstein’s “suicide”.

I had a one box shipment recently where half of it (4 units) went missing and I received the automatically investigated and was unable to reconcile. And another one box shipment where I made an error in the quantity I intended to send (sent 1 less than indicated in the shipping plan) and this one, where I screwed up, Amazon will allow me to submit an investigation. :thinking:

This is supposed to be the executive seller relations team.

Thanks-Or another robot right?
That d/c your account

What I mean is, thx but wondering what would happen to account…D/C?

Wow! That’s huge too, my sincerest thoughts about how aweful that is.
*Thank You for saying-you’re not alone, I know you’re right I see so many complaints here regarding missing-every day.
What’s up with that?? Does policy take precedence or Not!?

Wonder…has anyone ever thought-if they get enough time-it’s ok, they just repurchase and fill?

Were you able to get this resolved? Same thing happened to me with 2 separate shipments. Wondering if I should just move on. Thanks

Seller support closed my case and banned me from further inquiry into the matter at the end of last week. Their response (or lack thereof) is pretty discouraging. However, I’ve drafted my email to Jeff and will send it off today. Will let you know how it goes.