Pesticides Email...Is this spam?

I know I have been reading on the forums about all this pesticide stuff and sellers having to pass training. I just received an email stating I have products that the EPA considers pesticides (which I don’t) and that "You can see a list of your impacted ASINs at the end of this email.’ Well there was one ASIN on the very last line of the email and it was for a sterling silver piece of jewelry. So what about all the other pieces of jewelry like this? It didn’t make sense. Another telltale sign was that the link included the ASIN but that ASIN didn’t even match the one listed at the bottom of the message.

My first thought was, is Amazon just sending this email to EVERYONE whether they are affected by this or not? And why would they include a link to an ASIN that did not fit that description. That didn’t make a lot of sense either so I switched to view the raw message. I saw the message originated from amazonses.com and concluded that this is not a legit email from Amazon. A quick search on the internet revealed that my assumption is correct. Last year during the holidays messages from this amazonses.com address were phishing schemes targeting Amazon buyers that had used a business credit card in the past. Of course when someone clicked a link in the email they immediately became another victim. I must admit that these people are getting very astute at figuring out what topics are most likely to get an Amazon seller to click on a link in the body of the email. The irony is this email company is owned by Amazon.

During the lead up to Prime I was disappointed to find Amazon sending out emails with the link to claim the $10 credit for Prime Day. When they do stuff like that it makes it even more confusing when trying to weed out dangerous spam!