user profile
Sign in
user profile

Order for multiple copies of book. Shipped in 4 boxes. Customer accepted 2 and refused the other 2

by Seller_2gU7kd0xUSpC8

10+ year pro book seller on Amazon.

Got 2 orders same day from same customer, going to same address. 7 copies of 1 book, shipped in 1 box. 25 copies of the another shipped in 3 boxes. Choose Standard Delivery.

Shipped Media Mail, no signature, via Amazon Buy shipping to a residential address. Checked on google, single family house on multi acre lot. Large front porch set well back from the road. All boxes were too large to fit in even an oversized mailbox.

The 7 book order was delivered on 4/2.
1 of the 3 boxes on the 25 book order was delivered on 4/6.
Both were well within allowable delivery window.

Today one of the other 2 boxes in the 25 book order came back to me. Had to pay $15 postage due because it was a Media Mail return.

No communication from the customer.

Checked the order info and tracking numbers. Delivery was attempted on both of those on 4/2, same date as the 7 book order. Tracking shows on 4/2 “Available for pick up” and then “Reminder to Schedule Redelivery of your item”. Then on 4/17 both of them were marked “Customer refused Delivery” and were sent back to me. One came in today, the other is still in transit.

The box that came in today is a little beat up, but contents are OK.

Other box likely to arrive Monday. Right now going on the assumption that those contents will also be OK. I pack them to stand up to the handling.

My intent is to refund for the returned copies, less original postage. Viewing this as a Customer Fault return. Other 2 packages were delivered Ok, so that indirectly supports that they choose not to receive the 2 that were returned, despite notices from PO.

Scratching my head as to why only one of the 3 were not delivered on 4/2. The one must have been left on the porch, can’t figure out why the other 2 were not.

My question is, how do I handle the $30 in Postage Due that I have to pay?

Do I also deduct that from the refund, or do I file a Safe-T-Claim with Amazon afterward? Never have done one of those yet.

Deducting from return might piss off customer and lead to neg, which I would like to avoid. Getting very few feedbacks, less than 1/month on 3,600 orders per year. This one will impact satisfaction % for the next year.

Any advice?

Tags: Buy Box, Fees, Pricing
4 replies
4 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_MWKctacmhm7bi
In reply to: Seller_2gU7kd0xUSpC8's post

if you are worried about feedback then eat the $30 in Postage Due, i do not believed you can file Safe-T-Claim as this was not a customer return.

As for me i would deduct all shipping charges from refund and defend any claim or feedback as Customer Refused Delivery. Again this is what i would do, it is not necessarily what is best for your business. You will have to decide for yourself.

user profile
Seller_Hi7wbO2Kbo6bl
In reply to: Seller_2gU7kd0xUSpC8's post

Just curious: did you send the buyer a message to let them know how many boxes to expect, and to alert them that there’s always a good chance they will not be delivered on the same day?

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post