user profile
Sign in
user profile

Not authorized to sell on Amazon

by Seller_0DFAzSUjB2rV9

I registered for a seller’s account about ~7 years ago but ended up not using it. This weekend I decided to try selling on Amazon. I tried to access the Amazon Seller Central website and received the below message. When I click on ‘Register Now’ it takes me back to this page.

Not Authorized

We noticed that it’s been a while since you’ve had any transactions on your Amazon seller account associated with this email address. Because of the inactivity, we have closed this seller account.

Your buyer account is not affected.

We appreciate that you chose Amazon as a selling channel, and we’d be delighted to see you return. When you’re ready, simply register a new account.

Thank you,

Amazon Seller Performance

NCID: A1ZAGCL3PD2ELQ ZCID: A1ZAGCL3PD2ELQ MCID: A1ZAGCL3PD2ELQ MKID: ATVPDKIKX0DER When: Nov 19, 2018 1:02:23 AM

My account is not authorized to access the forums or help. Thinking this was a glitch I decided to create a new sellers account. I get suspended immediately and receive this message:

Hello,

We found that your account is related to an account that may not be used to sell on our site. As a result, you may no longer sell on Amazon.com.

We removed your listings from our site. Funds in your account will be available after any A-to-z claims or chargebacks are deducted. This usually takes about 90 days, but funds may be held longer.

You can see your balance and settlement information in the Payments section of Seller Central. If you have questions about those, please write to payments-funds@amazon.com.

If you want to appeal this decision, click the Appeal button next to this email on the Performance Notifications page in Seller Central.

Regards,

Seller Performance Team

http://www.amazon.com

I see the option to Appeal on my new account but I am asked for a plan of action. Not knowing what I’ve done and how I can appease Amazon I decided to go to Help and open a Case asking for assistance. Shortly after I receive the below message and the case is marked as Answered.

Amazon Nov 17, 2018 08:50 AM
Your case has been forwarded to another Amazon team and they will contact you regarding your question.

Can I get clarification on what is going on and what I need to do to be able to sell on Amazon?

Tags: Address, Payments, Registration, Seller Central, Transactions
1 reply
1 reply
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_cu1Lr54OxusWw
In reply to: Seller_0DFAzSUjB2rV9's post

Old accounts were closed when Amazon switched all sellers onto the latest platform (the backend which runs the seller accounts … it’s a long explanation)

The creation of a new account linked you to the old one.

Your appeal would be something like …

Dear Amazon,

Re : “We found that your account is related to an account that may not be used to sell on our site.”

I am ________ owner of the account ____________ and I would like to appeal my suspension for having a related account.

Previously I did have another seller account.
Email : _________________________

That account was closed by Amazon for “Inactivity” … and not for any violations.

When I log in I get:

We noticed that it’s been a while since you’ve had any transactions on your Amazon seller account associated with this email address. Because of the inactivity, we have closed this seller account.

According to the help files I can open a new account if the previous was closed.

Source : https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/help.html?ie=UTF8&itemID=200399470&ref_=ag_200399470_h_r0_cont_sgsearch&
“However, if you choose to close your account, Amazon can’t reactivate or reinstate closed accounts. If you want to sell on Amazon in the future, you’ll need to sign up again at https://services.amazon.com

Please reinstate this accounts privileges.

Sincerely,

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post