Not Accepting my Bank Information

My bank information has not changed but all of a sudden Amazon can’t pay me because they say it is not accurate. I was paid previously into the same bank account. How to get help from them.

Amazon Holding Funds and Refusing to Transfer
Amazon Holding Funds and Refusing to Transfer

Having the same ridiculous problem. Bank info has not changed in 9 years. So annoying. Come on Amazon. Fix this.

I have the same problem here and sent me three “failure to transfer funds” emails.

As a result I put my inventory on vacation as I do not want the money I am owed to accumulate until it is fixed.

Meanwhile, does anyone know how to contact “seller’s support”?

Was it fixed for you? If so who did you contact?

I am in the same boat, same bank account for years and suddenly “failures to transfer funds”…

I’ve gotten three or four of these messages, same bank info for 6 years. I click update without making any change - since all the info is already there - and get an email saying it’s been updated. Annoying, not really sure of any solution.

SAME PROBLEM – HERE’S WHAT I ATTEMPTED TO SEND TO AMAZON BUT THEIR ALGORITHMS WILL NOT ALLOW ME TO SEND IT. --On April 3, 2021, I received the following email from Amazon – "Your most recent transfer of funds in the amount of $21.85 was not successfully deposited into your bank account on file (ending in 110). The transfer of funds was not successful due to invalid billing address. In addition to re-entering your bank account information following the steps below, please also update your Business Address in Seller Central > Settings > Account Info > Business Information > Business Address. The funds were returned to us, and we have removed the current bank account information from your account.

To receive your funds, you will need to update your bank account information by doing the following:

1. Log in to your seller account and go to your seller account information page.

2. In the Deposit Method section, click Edit.

3. Update your account with a valid bank account and routing number.

Your funds will be deposited in the updated bank account on the next scheduled fund transfer date."

I followed your instructions but all my information was/is correct. I re-entered everything, anyway. Today, I went to my bank and they verified my account information and said they had no record of an attempted transfer of funds from Amazon in the amount of $21.85 last week. So, what’s going on?

Check with your financial institution. Does the account allow all ACH transactions? Not every account is ACH compatible, and some institutions have limits on ACH transactions.

Already did that – amazon has been depositing to this account for many years. They made a deposit as recently as the end of March.

I have been arguing with support about this for a few weeks. After my last successful disbursement in Feb 2021 I added a new bank account and made that the primary. Disbursements failed, support claimed it was due to some difference between the addresses - the only visible difference was amazon had a zip+4 for me and the bank did not.

I changed the bank address to include my zip+4 and the next scheduled disbursement failed.

I switched back to the original bank which Amazon had successfully sent money to in Feb 2021… and the next disbursement failed. Nothing had changed at this bank or in my amazon seller account.

This problem is 100% Amazon’s, support (wherever they are located) just keeps sending canned answers and failing to understand that someone higher up the food chain needs to be brought in to examine these transfer failures.

Meanwhile the amount of money amazon owes me continues to grow with each sale I make.

Same here. No change but the notice of wrong bank info. I went in twice and changed it but still no go. I’ve emailed them three times and have gotten no reply. There’s no human I can talk to to get this fixed. I called amazon help but they sent me to seller central help and then the whole thing starts over again. I have no idea what to do next.

I am readyt to pull my hair out!!! I am having the same problem. What do we do? Is there no human anymore? I tried to call the old number I always got help with and was told I had to to to a site that only accepts emails now. However, when I did it takes me right back to “update your account” I have done that; meanwhile my money is sitting there. I am a small seller - us small sellers made amazon - do we not count anymore? I have had the SAME BANK ACCOUNT FOR THE 12 YEARS I HAVE BEEN SELLING!! AND SUDDENLy it refuses to send it;. Can someone help me? I just can’t believe there is no more customer service. All I want is the money I EARNED, which made Amazon money.

I am in the same situation and very frustrated and annoyed with Amazon for allowing this to happen. Our bookselling account is something my retired husband does as a hobby and we do not need to deal with this hassle. I am putting our listings on “vacation” but am going to continue to pursue this situation until I see a resolution. Lets keep this thread active.

If anyone finds a way to talk to a real person at Amazon please post.

Let’s get this to corporate somehow. That email used to be Jeff@Amazon.com but they have not responded to any of my inquiries. I have a small amount of money but for those of you who have paid your seller fees and cannot access substantial funds, it could be worth arbitration. I’m glad I found this thread. So they know this is an issue but just don’t care.

DISPUTES

From Amazon: Any dispute or claim relating in any way to your use of any Amazon Service, or to any products or services sold or distributed by Amazon or through Amazon.com will be resolved by binding arbitration, rather than in court, except that you may assert claims in small claims court if your claims qualify. The Federal Arbitration Act and federal arbitration law apply to this agreement.
There is no judge or jury in arbitration, and court review of an arbitration award is limited. However, an arbitrator can award on an individual basis the same damages and relief as a court (including injunctive and declaratory relief or statutory damages), and must follow the terms of these Conditions of Use as a court would.

To begin an arbitration proceeding, you must send a letter requesting arbitration and describing your claim to our registered agent Corporation Service Company, 300 Deschutes Way SW, Suite 208 MC-CSC1, Tumwater, WA 98501. The arbitration will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association (AAA) under its rules, including the AAA’s Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes. The AAA’s rules are available at www.adr.org or by calling 1-800-778-7879. Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees will be governed by the AAA’s rules. We will reimburse those fees for claims totaling less than $10,000 unless the arbitrator determines the claims are frivolous. Likewise, Amazon will not seek attorneys’ fees and costs in arbitration unless the arbitrator determines the claims are frivolous. You may choose to have the arbitration conducted by telephone, based on written submissions, or in person in the county where you live or at another mutually agreed location.

We each agree that any dispute resolution proceedings will be conducted only on an individual basis and not in a class, consolidated or representative action. If for any reason a claim proceeds in court rather than in arbitration we each waive any right to a jury trial. We also both agree that you or we may bring suit in court to enjoin infringement or other misuse of intellectual property rights.

You cannot get help from them because it appears seller support is just a bot or someone so poorly trained that even the most basic inquiries are ignored.

One option for anyone wanting to pursue this is to have retail confirm that your mailing address is indeed valid. They did so for me in writing, as did the bank. They do still of course provide human support on the retail end. Of course it doesn’t help us if seller support won’t answer I suppose. Good luck everyone!

Jeremy

Amazon is under no obligation to respond to messages sent to that address, and in case you haven’t been paying attention to the news. Jeff is taking a step back from his leadership role at Amazon. I encourage you to know the issues involved. Since many of these financial issues are governed by law, if a plaintiff seeks arbitration with Amazon over a legal duty/obligation on Amazon’s part, that might be reasonably construed as frivolous, and the plaintiff could assume Amazon’s legal fees and costs. It is always wise to take advantage of your legal right to counsel prior to and throughout the arbitration process.

That email address was provided to me last night by management in the retail department as the best way to reach the corporate office. Of course they are under no obligation to respond to any of us but it would be nice if they did.

Good point re: arbitration.

J