user profile
Sign in
user profile

Not a single sale

by Seller_6n7KYENyOel1X

My listing has been live since Wednesday night (2 days ago). Selling on FBA, a private label Kitchen & Dining, 3-product bundle I put together (which everyone who’s seen my listing says looks amazing next to all my competitors). Price is also very competitive for what’s included, and ran a large coupon the first 2 days as well. Plus running manual and automatic PPC campaigns (CTR wavering between 0.38 to 0.78).

But I have not sold a SINGLE THING. I cannot figure this out; it’s in a niche with high search volume, and not a ton of competition (maybe a dozen or so sellers with a BSR of under 90k, and highest review count of about 800, and for just one seller).

I even ran an open feedback poll on Pickfu last night to get feedback from Amazon Prime members (female, any age). Majority of the feedback was positive, with most saying they liked/loved the set, thought it was very pretty and was even priced too low. Also received constructive feedback about what some didn’t like about my original main image (they found the presentation of one of the products “confusing”), but I’ve since replaced that photo with a more basic, simplified photo.

And still nothing.

I am starting a 7-day giveaway today, but I am very concerned this will not make a difference at this point (given how many impressions and clicks I’ve gotten). I don’t know what else to do; would this be due to something detrimental in my listing? Or could this just mean I’m selling something no one wants?

Tags: Fees, Images, Listings, Pricing
93 replies
93 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_LCuYaJuTeaoMv
In reply to: Seller_6n7KYENyOel1X's post

What’s the ASIN?

user profile
Seller_olet7eVOHxQZd

Your bullet points violate Amazon’s rules and may lead to suppression of your listing. You are not to put in images. No all caps.

Your description also violates with the green check boxes.

user profile
Seller_ilxt0qmP5y5cJ

I’d suggest using actual photos and not CGI generated ones

user profile
Seller_3N7yVnTXPzLkL

The data you are using could be wrong. Many sites which purport to estimate Amazon performance make major errors.

Not all sellers and products are treated equally by the system. Established sellers and products get better search placement, the Buy Box and other preferential treatment. You cannot assume you will steal any sales from them, and you are not doing anything to expand the market.

Attempting to choose products to private label based on the existing Amazon market for the product is like navel gazing.

Short of a prolonged period of price cutting and PPC advertising you might not get enough history to stand a chance to get organic sales.

user profile
Seller_WVxwoDsePiOrR

This is a marathon, not a race. Every item starts a the bottom and works its way up.

user profile
Seller_2sSWhvyZsq56v

It appears stainless is you keyword for buyer to find your item.
Searching table set wedding reception
Your not going to get found.

Searching table set wedding reception stainless
Bobs your uncle.

For me when I think plates, stainless steel isn’t something I ever thought of needing. I can remember even running into a steel plate.

Your going to have to sell that point…good luck

user profile
Seller_yYqzeJsKjWCYP

Honestly you just need reviews. Use the early reviewer program. Or maybe ask one friend to purchase and review. Only one though.

user profile
Seller_XikkOo83AP4JQ

A couple of thoughts …

This time of year, historically has low sales. I sell in a different category but I went back and looked and January 24th had zero sales 3 out of the last 4 years. Last year on January 27th, I had zero sales. The 31st is traditionally a good day but I am not sure this year as it is a Sunday.

Second with Covid and continue ongoing political unrest folk are not feeling confident to make discretionary purchases.

Finally, its a very nice set (I really like the placemat) but no should be throwing a dinner party in the next 100 days until vaccines are more prevalent.

Good luck!

user profile
Seller_Pzsli90DareuA

may be pricing - the items below your listing under “Products related to this item” and
“Compare with similar items” show items with lower pricing. I did look little bit more and you’re offering napkins and placements but people who are selecting items are not going to try to find a reason why you’re selling for more.

also, because of the napkin, the image of your plate looks smaller, when compared to ALL others that come up in search or show below you product. This is a very strong visual effect, and creates a misleading impression. Even if you don’t change the packaing, make the main image just with the plate.

Simply title - I know most sellers stuff their title with what they think are the important keywords. I don’t think Amazon search ranks just go by titles, you can put the keywords in the keyword section. I personally like the products whose titles are coherent.

at the minimum, remove the brand from the title - it’s already mentioned in the brand field, and (no offense), your brand is not so well known that people will buy or search for the item by the brand. To add insult to injury, the brand name in the title is capitalized.

get a review - Amazon has a paid program called “Early Reviewer Program” where they ask buyers for a review (and give them a small incentive). If you do ask a friend or relative for a review (technically you shouldn’t) , make sure it’s not someone who is in your Amazon address book i.e. if you got anything shipped to that version. that will get the review removed.

Use your own social media to advertise the product. If you get an affiliate link, you will actually also get affliate commission.

If you’re really serious and have other relevant products, You can also create your own blog, write articles on wedding reception, table decorations, dineer etc. and throw in the product on the sidebar - again, if you put in affiliate link, you may get some affiliate revenues. we used to do that in the early days. heck, we even started featuring other products that didn’t directly compete with us.

Get an influencer or reviewers who doesn’t charge for the service to feature your product on his/her blog / social media.

user profile
Seller_OvMIqVUPW4KQ4

It isn’t really a complete set without plates, glassware and silver/flatware. It doesn’t give you “everything you need”. It gives you 3 of the things you need to make a place setting. Your photo shows glassware and flatware (no plates), but you are not including those in your package. The photos are pretty, but if I was having to put together all the elements, I don’t know if I would want a package of just 3 of the elements. Just my two cents as a consumer… may or may not be helpful.

Go to original post