user profile
Sign in
user profile

Newbie to selling only books on Amazon. Looking for tips and help as I begin this book selling journey

by Seller_v7OTHOihu5aaa

Hi everyone!
So I have started book selling exclusively on Amazon and have started out with just a few hundred books which I have ordered and will be using FBA. Some have the dreaded remainder marks so I will be sure to list that in the description and can I list them as used like new? I found a few wholesale distributors, probably not the best ones but it’s a start I guess. Found books for $1.00 - $2.00 per book. I guess as I grow in the book selling arena I will hopefully find better deals. Any tips or help would greatly be appreciated, especially from experienced Amazon book sellers.

Tags: Listings
160 replies
160 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_6OMUOUOVkLhf5
In reply to: Seller_v7OTHOihu5aaa's post

I would suggest you start with FBM. You have no clue to how many you will sell per month, especially at a 1-2 dollar cost. What is going to be your listing price? Break even is @ 7.00 selling price.

user profile
Seller_Ycy5LB5ZSLTRI

Hey I would subscribe to Reezy Resells, the Book Flipper Community and EverydayFBA on Youtube and absorb everything they have to say about books. They’ll tell you pretty much everything you need to know about selling books on Amazon. It’s super competitive nowadays but you can still make good money.

user profile
Seller_iYyCtRV90YCXu

I think if you choose the right books that already are selling on amazon you can be successful.

As mentioned above you should try fbm firstly it will be better

user profile
Seller_2KjJ2aNK4MdRH
  1. Definitely don’t do FBA. FBM works best for smaller sellers and it is fun!
  2. Try to find used books for free or as cheap as possible.
  3. Be patient and have low expectations (lol). Do not expect to get a lot of orders or make a ton of money. But you can make some money and some is better than none.
  4. Be prepared to answer any contact or questions quickly – you only have 24 hours to get back to people. So if you plan on selling on Amazon, plan on not planning any vacations that don’t have wifi…
  5. Be very thorough and accurate with the condition descriptions. Listing a book without any notes opens you up to losing A-Z in the event the buyer tries to get money back.
  6. buy shipping on Amazon. It is cheaper often and it will help you in case of a claim or case.
user profile
Seller_Hi7wbO2Kbo6bl

Take some of the hard knocks through merchant fulfilled before you jump into FBA.

Read the forums everyday.

Set a minimum price and decide if there’s a chance the book will sell for that – if not don’t list it. Don’t list too cheaply. Raise that minimum for heavier books.

user profile
Seller_4UtLkn0758ST1

prepare for lots and lots of R&R - read and return

user profile
Seller_LbdLS97vmGipT

Yes you can go on vacation.
If you are going on vacation, taking a holiday break, or would like to temporarily remove your open listings for your self-fulfilled items from the Amazon website for any other reason, you can take advantage of our Listings Status feature. When you use the Listings Status feature, you don’t have to set inventory quantities to zero or extend your shipping lead times. Set your listings to inactive until you are ready to fulfill orders again. And Listings Status provides a better experience for buyers by preventing them from placing orders that can’t be fulfilled right away. Go to Listings Status to temporarily inactivate your open listings.

Note:
All sellers: Before setting your Listings Status to Inactive, check for any pending orders, as these will not be automatically cancelled.

user profile
Seller_EGAYxdv2MmpO0

If you get the book for free, you don’t make much on books under $10, especially if they are heavy. If your inventory doesn’t turn quickly you will lose your shirt on FBA.

user profile
Seller_ei4HepyKWuhdO

you will have to spend time looking out in the wild for books. Sitting at home and ordering book to resell on amazon will not work. the people you are buying from are also selling on amazon.

user profile
Seller_HrvQc6COaT3oG

Best wishes selling books…

Go to original post