New Sold As Used - IT HAPPENED TO US

There isn’t a way, I just suggested there should be. The only option now is to turn off refurbishment (search to learn how in seller central). That’s only going to catch some of it but it’s better than nothing.

You are lucky, i had 1 item get stranded. I was unable to replenish for almost a month and lost at last count $8714 on this one item. It still isnt really fixed.but atleast i can sell now but the volume is 1/3 what it was. You could buy it but then Amazon would return the money while 1 stranded item didnt allow them to log or sell the 300 they had sitting there. I spent hours on the phone and 23 “fixed, closed” cases that didnt fix it. They still havnt resolved it totally.

Yes, this happened to me! I make HANDMADE sterling silver tiny stud earrings. buyer tells amazon its used. I am like how can it be used when its hand cut metals new …made to order. Woman was evil as hell! I called amazon handmade support they said happens and that I should just refund her cancel blah blah I did. Then 2 days later my listing is gone due to report of used product. I called amazon again they told me to fill out the paperwork I did sent images of where I buy my metal pics of creation and everything. STILL, they removed my listing I have tried 3x to get it relisted and fill out all the info. This just urges me on to get my own website. Its awful they want handmade sellers but won’t back us when we have all the info THEY are wanting and proof I offered to make a video of my making the product and been selling it for years on another platform. Just disappointing when there customer service tells me happens a lot and that they believe me not the client but still takes it down. I got rid of listing its frustrating as hell!

If it is another seller doing it that is crap! And I wish you luck I got no where and I had everything they said I needed seems they slow to respond to us sellers and do not understand handmade items.

Please offer this suggestion to the exec team, there is a petition floating around, and is indeed a huge and scary situation for any seller . Happy you got re-instated.
But I wish this would change as you hear about it happening all too often

Blessings

It has happened to us we listed a product on Amazon and the 1st customer said his son had bought this in Dubai and it is not the same thing its been diluted that comment though proving time and again the manufacture and the invoice for that item for which I have 150 in my warehouse has not sold since almost 4 years

Turn off Refurbishment settings. Search on seller central on how to do that. It’s not going to stop it all but every little bit helps.

For a change, there was some luck. Got it back up in less than 2 hours. I’m shocked there was someone in that dept working late on a sat night. This was an open and closed case. 7000 units sold since June, 1.4% return rate, with 60% of that being undeliverable address. Zero complaints about being used on any feedback (seller / product review). 774 IPI score. 4.9 Star Seller rating. Perfect account health. Not sure what triggered this other than possibly seller sabotage. It scared the S&*! out of me. I wasn’t feeling well last night, lied down in bed and made the mistake of reading emails. Sprung into action finding and scanning docs and blasting out a POA… Ugh! Hope things work out for you and wishing you the best.

Same with me, so how is it going later?

I had same issue. My listing was closed due to “used sold as new” claim. Listing got suspended since November 2019. I had to get professional help and it took them a while but listing is now live since end of September. Units coming in to stock hopefully by end of next week and we will be live to go for Q4! Hope we can get our ranking back but hopefully all will be well.

Moral: Get professional help that knows the wording amazon likes in the POA.

So Happy you’re back and it was sorted pretty easily.

Will configuring the setting like this help us?
seller account> settings> return settings> “I want to approve each return”> and “ship them to me”
General Settings: default Automated Return Rules I have “I want to authorize each request”.

If we manually approve each return to get sent back to us? Or What is the best way currently to have these settings to avoid potential issues?

Thanks!

Yes it is unfortunate I had a big account making millions of dollars on Amazon for over 7 years with thousands of feedbacks until Amazon started to take these fake complaints used sold as new. During Christmas 2019 I was targeted because I had 40% buy box wins and got hit with 14 fake complaints USED sold as New back to back all in December.
It was a competitor Amazon seller Media Vision aka Video Game Exchange all the complaints tracking numbers to these orders were redirected to a California address that matched their address now that Amazon shows every sellers name and address in the open for everyone to see I was able to match them. Unfortunately Amazon did not think how this policy can be used as a weapon to take out competitors by creating fake buying account and paying with a Amazon gift card then redirect the mail and call in to make fake complaints saying used sold new. It is wrong and Amazon is not seeing the problem. I hope everyone the best but the Pandora box has been opened and we have a major glitch in the matrix sellers are targeting sellers it’s a full on rat race on Amazon now. Save your selves while you can pull your inventories out FBA to protect your selves until Amazon fixes this we are all targets and there is nothing we can do Amazon only will accept 1 appeal if you have invoices after that they don’t care it is automatic algorithm response program.

Yes it is unfortunate I had a big account making millions of dollars on Amazon for over 7 years with thousands of feedbacks until Amazon started to take these fake complaints used sold as new. During Christmas 2019 I was targeted because I had 40% buy box wins and got hit with 14 fake complaints USED sold as New back to back all in December.
It was a competitor Amazon seller Media Vision aka Video Game Exchange all the complaints tracking numbers to these orders were redirected to a California address that matched their address now that Amazon shows every sellers name and address in the open for everyone to see I was able to match them. Unfortunately Amazon did not think how this policy can be used as a weapon to take out competitors by creating fake buying account you don’t need any ID and paying with a Amazon gift card then redirect the mail and call Amazon customer service agent to make a fake complaints saying I got used sold new please report this seller and they will tag the seller to a special team. It is wrong and Amazon is not seeing the problem. I hope everyone the best but the Pandora box has been opened and we have a major glitch in the matrix sellers are targeting sellers it’s a full on rat race on Amazon now. Save your selves while you can pull your inventories out FBA to protect your selves until Amazon fixes this we are all targets and there is nothing we can do Amazon only will accept 1 appeal if you have invoices after that they don’t care it is automatic algorithm response program.