New Seller Checklist

resource
new_seller

Did you apply for the ITIN, yet?

Update.

One more VERY important addition and updated October 2018

NEW Customer product reviews policies

Amazon has specific policies that are meant to protect the authenticity of Customer Reviews, and we ask you to comply with these policies and report any violations you might notice. We have provided links to our policy pages below. Note that Amazon has a zero-tolerance policy towards any customer reviews violations. If we detect any attempts to manipulate customer reviews, we take immediate actions that include, but are not limited to:

• Immediate and permanent withdrawal of the seller’s selling privileges on Amazon and withholding of funds.
  • The removal of all the product’s reviews and preventing the product from receiving future reviews or ratings.
  • Permanent delisting of the product from Amazon.
  • Legal action against the seller, including lawsuits and referral to civil and criminal enforcement authorities.
  • Disclosing the seller’s name and other related information publicly.

We strongly urge you to thoroughly review Amazon Customer Reviews policies and immediately correct any violating actions. It is important that you educate your business partners, employees, and any 3rd party partners you work with about these policies as well. Any infractions by your business partners, employees, or 3rd party agencies will result in enforcement actions, even if it happened without your knowledge or consent.

Violations to Customer Reviews policies include, but are not limited to, these actions:

• A seller posts a review of their own product or their competitor’s product.
  • A seller offers a third party a financial reward, discount, free products, or other compensation in exchange for a review on their product or their competitor’s product. This includes using services that sell customer reviews, websites, or social media groups.
  • A seller offers to provide a refund or reimbursement after the buyer writes a review (including reimbursement via a non-Amazon payment method). This could be done via buyer-seller messaging on Amazon or directly contacting customers or using 3rd party services, websites, or social media groups.
  • A seller uses a third-party service that offers free or discounted products tied to a review (for example, a review club that requires customers to register their Amazon public profile so that sellers can monitor their reviews).
  • A family member or employee of the seller posts a review of the seller’s product or a competitor’s product.
  • A seller asks a reviewer to change or remove their review. They might also offer a refund or other compensation to a reviewer in exchange for doing so.
  • A seller diverts negative reviews to be sent to them or to a different feedback mechanism while positive reviews are sent to Amazon.
  • A seller creates a variation relationship between products with the aim of manipulating reviews and boosting a product’s star rating via review aggregation.
  • A seller inserts a request for a positive Amazon review or an incentive in exchange for a review into product packaging or shipping box.
  • A seller uses a customer account to write or change a review on his or his competitor’s product.

I have to add. I don’t reside in the US, but I used a valid US address in case of item returns, (a print-on-demand selling platform located in the US) I am also a part-time Amazon virtual assistant and my client is in the US. I have access to his amazon seller accounts but just as an admin. Can you please enlighten me. Q4 has started already and my well researched, (seo, keywords optimized included) products that I worked so hard for are ready. I hope you can enlighten me. What should I do? Please, Any inputs is a great help. Thank you.

Hello, I have almost the same problem with khoisan_tea. I applied for an individual seller account. I sent them everything that they asked, I was already granted and allowed to sell and then less than an hour after, another email came from seller performance asking me to send a photo or PDF file of a statement of billing. I know and expected already that they will ask for a proof of billing because all the requirements i sent them is identical except for the address written in my driver’s license (same town, City, country and all but different village name… we moved apartment) and so I did sent them a jpg file of a proof of billing with my name and current adress. And then i received another email saying they don’t accept the document I sent them and with that, I am not allowed to sell on Amazon. So I resend 2 files of different billing date. Still I received the same message, I requested for an appeal sent it then the final email came saying we no longer entertain emails regarding this case. I hope you can enlighten me. I do not know which and what I did wrong here, I am willing to comply with everything Amazon ask, and now I don’t know how to move forward.

Every document you submit, MUST be identical to the information, you used, when you registered.
Please see this separate thread, that clarifies:

If the address is being used ONLY for returns, it must be entered here:
https://sellercentral.amazon.com/returns/settings?ref_=macs_grtnaddr_cont_acinfohm

Your actual address, in your country, must be used, under Business Address.

I would also suggest, that you notify Seller Performance that you also work as a Virtual Assistant, on another account.

You should not be using the same email, for your seller account registration, that you use as a VA.

Do not attempt to change anything, until you write to Seller Performance, letting them know the above.

Time for a :snail: bump.

Adding here, for convenience sake:

If you need help, with a Suspension Notice or submitting a Plan of Action, open a NEW thread in the General Questions Forum.

Do not reply to another seller’s suspension thread (i.e.: do not hijack threads). Create your own thread, so as not to confuse other sellers, who read the thread and may offer to help.

• Post the ORIGINAL Suspension Notice, you received, from Amazon, at the beginning of the thread.
  • Post YOUR reply to the notice, immediately after, your ORIGINAL Suspension Notice, if you have written one.
  • If you received, more than one notice, post Amazon’s notice first, with your reply immediately after and keep everything in chronological order.
  • Do not create multiple threads for the same problem. Post in your original thread.
  • Be patient, be honest and understand, it can sometimes take up to 30 days, for Seller-Performance to respond to your Plan of Action.
  • Do not send duplicate emails to Seller-Performance. Each time you submit ab appeal, it may be counted against, the number of times, you will be able to submit a revised appeal.

A Plan of Action (POA), requires these four elements:

• Problem:
    What problem, did Amazon state, your account was suspended for, in the Suspension Notice?

Examples: Inauthentic, Selling Prohibited Items, Negative Feedback, Opening a New Account after Being Suspended, Rights Owner Notice Complaint, Trademark Infringement, Selling Counterfeit Items, Duplicate Accounts, Late Shipment Rate, Used Item Sold As New, Not as Advertised/Wrong Item, etc…
— If there are several reasons, address each individually, in a single appeal. —

• What you have already done to correct the problem:
    What did you do, to correct the Problem(s), that caused the suspension?

Example 1: We have DELETED all ASINs from our Amazon Inventory, that were, Inauthentic, Counterfeit, Prohibited, Used Item Sold As New, etc…

Example 2: We have corrected the Title, Images, Bullet Points, Description, Checked Our Inventory, for Not as Advertised/Wrong Item, etc…

Example 3: We have contacted the Rights Owner and they have agreed to withdraw the complaint, made against us and they have submitted the Notice of Withdrawal, directly to Amazon, etc…

Example 4: We have provided legitimate Invoices, from the manufactuer or rights Owner, etc…

• How you plan to avoid the same problem from happening again in the future:
    What business remedies, will be put in place, to avoid future problems, with your account?

Example: We will only purchase stock, directly from manufacturers or authorized distributors, who also permit us to sell on Amazon.

• Make a brief closing statement:
    The key word here, is “brief”. Amazon does need, personal excuses.

Example: We accept full responsibility for our error and fully understand “why” (Insert reason for suspension, complaint, etc…), Please consider reinstating our account and we will never make the same mistake in the future.

Regards,

Your name
Your Amazon Seller Name
Your telephone number

Appeals need to be brief, honest and to the point. Use the above format, to help compile a POA, but please, do not send it in, until you post a draft of what you have written, back in this thread, for review by some other sellers.

You will not be able to add any items on Amazon, until you are able to submit a successful appeal and have the suspension lifted.

There are different Amazon email addresses, for different types of suspensions.
The most common, is seller-performance@amazon.com.

Please do not private message other sellers, unless they have asked you to provide additional information, you may not want to post publicly.

Reference: Appeal and example format.

Need Help to write a Plan of Action - ACCOUNT SUSPENDED "Velocity Limits and Account Reviews"
Suspended at all marketplaces?
Account suspended for authentication on first shipment
3 appeals and still my account is deactivated due to section 3
A fake Chinese account has deactivated my account

why don’t you help each other seller? does not provide information that is useful to fellow sellers, especially new sellers and outside of America

As I mentioned in the below thread, I do not work for Amazon. If you need help, you need to follow the suggestions, I made in my replies to you.

Time for another bump…

For products that require approval is there any way to go about getting that without having an invoice from a supplier? I would like to sell some of my old vinyl LPs but don’t have an invoice for them of course. How is anyone able to sell used products that require approval?, No one would have suppliers invoices for those unless they made them up. Thanks.

Amazon came down hard on Media in 2017. Read the three posts, I am linking you to, beginning with LamontCranston’s: Helping friend starting a seller account - but LP records are restricted?

It’s basically a crap shoot, but from most of what I have read, Lake’s comment, is the “new normal”.

Thanks for the reply and the link. So most of the current sellers are probably grandfathered in then. Once I get a few more sales to show a good performance history I may try to request approval without an invoice and see if I can get anywhere. But so far my experience with CS hasn’t been all the great. They pretty much just follow a script for their replies and have no critical thinking or common sense skills.

You’re welcome.

You are one step ahead of most new sellers already, by simply recognizing the fact, that Seller Support is of little value, when it comes to policies.

In the future, after you establish yourself (or when you feel ready) email seller-performance@amazon.com, since that is the team that reviews policy questions. They are scripted, as well, but at least you will be asking the correct team.

Good luck!

Fulfilment by amazon

An excellent topic, that deserves being included here:

pinned #76

This is very helpful for entry-level sellers and would like to share some operational experience.:grinning::grinning::

When I started out here; not too long ago, I did what what most amateurs do and bought my first inventory load from Alibaba. Being that it was cheap kids bicycle accessories I did not run into any problems and ended up selling quite well. Do you think that’s a bad track? I’ve grown to like my Chinese suppliers and since I’ve never had any trouble, I dont see the need to stop.