New lithium battery requirement for FBA sellers

To a lot of us, the bigger concern is yet another deficient Amazon algorithm being set loose upon our listings. Some battery manufacturers may have and quickly share their battery test summary reports, but getting those for products that do not contain batteries will be as difficult as getting an Amazon Seller Support rep to understand that cod liver oil is not a topical product, and makes as much sense as having to pass pesticide training to sell gardening books.

From your supplier - they should be able to get them, from Sony. Actually if they are a distributor they should already HAVE them on file for the exact same reason Amazon wants them.

The only thing that is BS is that they should not need EVERY merchant to provide them - any more than they do for MSDS. If they really need them sure, but if they are going to use them as yet another pseudo-gate-test its annoying.

Oddly enough its EASIER to get this sort of thing from my “backup” distributor than it is from the manufacturer (and not a small one) that I buy directly from. They always just route me to the “Customer affairs” group. Which DOES provide… eventually.

2 questions.

1. Is this requirement also apply to vendor central sellers since we also ship to AMZ fulfillment center?

2. Do old products that already got approved and sold in AMZ fulfillment center also need to go through this as well?

Thanks

Some do. Example the kids books that play a tune or speak the text to help early readers. Then there are the greeting cards.

There is a ISO standard that the companies that can test batteries need to meet (regulatory merits: ista nebs). There are other labs that are not on the list, including one that Amazon has suggested for use: Quanta Laboratories.

Some of the T1-T8 testings would be done by one or more companies, where testing runs less than $7K (depending on batch, types, etc).

Once the testing is done, it is provided to the manufactures that would issue those test parameters to end users, integrators, applications (commercial industrial applications), or consumer goods. Details from what I understand is that each battery manufacturer will be identified as a unique identification number, no overlapping boilerplate, no download or reference doc.

The below photo is for one and only one type of battery, so it might not be valid on all the chemical grade batteries organic or varying composites.

I understand that these regulations (DOT) are on batteries manufactured after 2003, so might not apply to some industrial batteries that have a 30 year lifespan.

Disposal = charge you for selling your inventory. I got a Apple usb-c cable the other day from amazon. Came with lpn sticker on it. The same sticker they throw on all fba returns that come to back to me. Wtf, did they pilfer an fba return from seller and resell it to me as new?

It’s really not that hard to comply with this.:face_with_hand_over_mouth: Just do as they ask and you will be fine. :face_with_monocle:

Though, taking a preemptive approach to rectify their requests is probably better than procrastinating on their requests. It’s basically a simple .xml up-loader file.

Call seller support and have them walk you through if you folks need assistance.

Does this also apply for products that have lithium polymer battery WITHIN the item?
(for example: dash cams, portable fans, rechargeable flashlight, etc)

I believe only the products that have lithium within the products (sealed). If the battery is needed/sold separately, then I dont think so.

It’s retaliation sadly… The whole climate change spoof and global warming hoax is to blame!

If you do FBA and send packages to FC, there is battery in the box, yes.

stop panic! all 3 my suppliers provided me this certificate without any problems! just choose normal and experienced manufactures!

I still do not understand the requirement here.
1- does every seller need to offer the report for any product they sell? If there are multiple sellers under the same asin, does everyone need to offer that report or just one of the seller needs to do so?
2- if needed to do this report, how would I get notified? How do I know which product is impacted? I know there is a page that if you can check if a product is dangerous good, so if an asin is dangerous good, then every seller who sells this asin would need to submit a report for the asin by himeself?

as a reseller, I have more than 500-1000 asins, tell me why I dont panic. There are tons of resellers like me I believe.

Question is, why dont amazon offer a pool/a method to share, with that to allow the sellers to share the same reports that could have applied for the same products. A lot of laptops are just using the same battery, why dont we identify the details collaboratively?

I feel amazon dumped their work to sellers directly instead of trying to solve the issue first on their own.
For consumer electronics and computer category, essentially almost everything would contain batteries.

Getting the same from our supplier(s), for many items.

I think they do, and if you are victim to such confusion, then persist & you’ll be reinstated.

I have no clue about this battery form thing, I asked a few retailers such as best buy or microsoft , they do not even know of this. Would this be a form that I can open the box and come with the manufacturer?

We have submitted documents for a few SKUs, it says that they will send a message when the documents have been approved, it’s been over 10 days and we haven’t heard anything…how are we supposed to know if the forms have been accepted?

We are in the same boat. Uploaded the summary report the next day after receiving their notice, and heard nothing from Amazon so far.