user profile
Sign in
user profile

New Format "Right Side Slide in" - Amazon page hogging bug

by Seller_qBOzcw6cBvGrR

Notice Amazon’s offer - $33.99.

When you click “11 new from $18.87” this pops up.

This was unexpected - Amazon is selling in New condition for $18.87, as well as $33.99. If a 3p seller did this we would have one of our listings suppressed, because it would be classified as “page hogging.”

After going looking in my shopping cart these two books are different isbns.

I think this is a bug, @SEAmod

Tags: Listings
87 replies
87 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_yXmDyPJYmP7aD
In reply to: Seller_qBOzcw6cBvGrR's post

If your books are “unknown binding”, chances are they will NOT show up.
I have found a number of mine that are not showing, BUT, some have the Buy Box???
I plan to try to relist these, if I can find ‘correct binding’ for them.
Nancy in Texas

user profile
Seller_8Wfpcf6cHQaPy

We really don’t need another thread about this: Advanced search changes affecting book sellers?

The new format started in DECEMBER and only now being rolled out to the book category: What happened to "Other Sellers" box?

There is no glitch.

user profile
Seller_eIUDBVq9ubnxN

This dreadful pop-in is not limited to advanced searching, it is implemented on the regular offer page now; when you click on “used”, this thing pops up. I’ve now had a few days to use this, and it is a 100%, total disaster of a change. This pop-in not only has limited information and does NOT show photos, but there is no way to even see photos. Much of my sales volume is from books for which the descriptions are enhanced by photos and sales have literally disappeared in the last few days. Although I now know from the forums that one can still see the original page by right clicking “used” and opening in a new tab, but no buyers are going to know this. Every day brings a new horror for selling on this site.

user profile
Seller_9iISDtAGy9FKB

Same problem with records. I noticed the buy box goes to Prime first no matter how high the price is.

user profile
Seller_orjaIK6gOC2Gl

No bug in your pics there- the first image is the hardcover detail page, but you’re clicking the 11 new under the paperback option, hence the different price being shown. Click on the 8 new (to the left of the 11 new link you used), and you’ll see Amazon’s price matching what you see on the page.

user profile
Seller_hA060q8nqygew

Amazon is selling in New condition for $18.87, as well as $33.99.

They’re selling the paperback for $18.87 new and the hardback for $33.99 new. Trying to understand the information the new slide-out thingie is showing you is going to take some time for people to adapt to.

I hate it too. As a shopper, this would drive me to shop elsewhere. You can’t imagine how much I detest pop-up, fly-out, and any other stupid, annoying, stuck-on-top-of-the-thing-you’re-trying-to-look-at windows. But I suspect it’s there to make the mobile site more efficient. For folks like me who still prefer a big wide monitor to a teeny weeny phone screen, it’s a PITA.

user profile
Seller_RxTyqBmpWLFi1

I think 3rd party sellers, who made the platform successful, are no longer needed. EXCEPT Amazon cannot manufacture everything. Can they?

user profile
Seller_zFh2yK8Fq5oqa

I have a regular buying choices page bookmarked and cut and paste the ASIN I want to see in the address line to eliminate the stupid slide in from the right.

user profile
Seller_1685wH24fB2X7

The unexpected is what makes life possible.

user profile
Seller_aaPryEdXmbR3t

not liking new system, noyhing wrong with the way it was ,much harder to follow, please change back…

Go to original post