New features to help you monitor your account health

We don’t need the actual calculations, but what factors go into it would be nice to know.

Something like the ODR:

The Order Defect Rate (ODR) is a key measure of your ability to provide a good customer experience. It’s all orders with a defect (defined below) as a percentage of total orders during a given 60-day time period.

An order has a defect if it results in negative feedback, an A-to-z Guarantee claim that is not denied, or a credit card chargeback.

Note: Seller Rating is not a new thing.
Seller central used to have it but it was removed when they “Improved SS”

rating

split this topic #23

A post was split to a new topic: Account Down for Four Months for Account Health

We don’t need the actual calculations, but what factors go into it would be nice to know.
Something like the ODR:

But actually, the ODR explanation does give us the exact calculation. :laughing:

But I get your point. The help pages do give some guidance as to what factors the number will take into account - did you read them? It was surprisingly more information than I expected Amazon to give us.

My issue is that I don’t trust Amazon’s ability to build a formula that accurately reflects what they claim, and since they plan to rely on that potentially faulty number to judge us, I’d like to know how they calculate it. I have no faith they’ll actually tell us, but that won’t stop me from asking. :laughing:

The problem here is we are being graded by an arbitrary system that is not documented or published and which Amazon has created without input or oversight from the seller community. Other rating systems such as personal or business credit ratings have published formulas and entities can clearly identify what activity is impacting their “score”. Unless the formula for Account Health is clearly defined then sellers on the Amazon Marketplace will have to guess what activity is having an impact. And more important, we must trust that the arbitrator of this formula is fully acting in good faith.

Agreed 100%. The system SUCKS and Seller Performance is terrible. And by the way Amazon, thanks for that new counterfeit without a test buy nonsense. Seriously, how could you guys be stupid enough to allow that?

I received an unjustified counterfeit claim back in March for a brand product and now it seems like it’s become a major issue because I received a message informing me that my account is at risk of deactivation. I’ve been selling on here for over 10 years and this is the first time I’ve received a claim like this. It is a used video game that was discontinued more than a decade ago, so it is impossible to get manufacturer’s invoices for. I’m looking for some assistance on a plan of action to remove the policy violation if you or anyone else could provide that, I would greatly appreciate it.

Aw. The old, useful, pleasantly-laid-out Seller Central.

I think I may cry.

@ToyWiz, AHR is designed to provide that additional level of visibility for sellers to keep close track of appeals. Thank you for the specific example of a recurring issue, we will be sure to bring the topic of IP complaint appeals to the AHR team.

Kelly

Hi @racingroxstore and @Rocinante, we are happy to share additional details on score calculation, although it is our goal that all information is accessible to all sellers, and that sellers do not feel they need a PhD in Forums to understand. I will tag you both in the next comment.

Hi @Turn_of_Events,

I’m happy to share additional details on the AHR score formula and point values for violations.

When calculating AHR, all new sellers start with a score of 200. Points are deducted from your AHR score each time Amazon finds a new policy violation, and added back when you successfully address that violation. Point values for each violation are based on severity level and typically range from 2 to 8, though critical violations automatically bring your AHR score to zero. Also, if a seller violates the same policy multiple times, in some cases point deductions will double per repeat violation.

To ensure your AHR is evaluated in context of the size of your business, you also gain 4 points for every 200 successful orders you fulfilled over the last 180 days.

We have not displayed the exact point values in the Account Health Dashboard at this time as we focus on learning and inspecting these new features to ensure the AHR offers sellers a best-in-class solution to manage their account health. Our formula and point values may change in the future based on your feedback; we’ll let you know if they do and make sure you have the support you need from us to continue maintaining a healthy account.

Kelly

New Account Health Rating ? How do I not have 1000+?

Hi @DBD_1234, please take a look at my posted response to @Turn_of_Events for a more detailed look at the components of the AHR score!

Kelly

Hi @Infinity_Man, please see my posted response to @Turn_of_Events for a detailed breakdown of score calculation!

Kelly

@racingroxstore and @Rocinante see below for response to @Turn_of_Events for the formula details.

Thank you for sharing this information, but this doesn’t even come close to what we are requesting. This in no way can be considered a detailed breakdown of score calculation. You have provided a few data points but not a detailed breakdown. And if Amazon is still focused on “learning and inspecting these new features” perhaps this new AHR is not yet ready for primetime and should remain in “Beta” until these features are fully vetted.

My thoughts on the details provided:

1. We are no longer a “new” seller" but I’m very concerned with the “starting score” of 200. I’m not sure how this scoring actually works (which is why we are asking for more details) but it would appear that 200 out of 1,000 is already a failing score. What does this arbitrary number mean? Then you mention that points for each violation vary from 2 to 8, without specifying which violations correlate to which values. And then you mention that sellers gain 4 points for each 200 successful orders. So it sounds like I must fulfill 800 successful orders in order to gain 8 points of positive AHR, while a single (unspecified) violation can wipeout those 8 points that I have worked so hard to gain. Is that correct? So just 1 out of 800 orders can dramatically affect our internal AHR rating.
  2. Many of the violations that we have received are silly IP Violations for products that we no longer sell and that haven’t been active on the marketplace long before the new policy took place, and yet we are still penalized without any recourse and must just “wait” for the penalty to fall off our score.
  3. How in the world is “Counterfeit without a Test Buy” a valid IP Complaint? How can a customer or seller submit counterfeit claims without any proof being provided? Can you please explain this policy in more detail?
  4. We recently received (for the first time in our selling history) a “Customer Reviews Policy Violation” without any specific details. The only options we have are to “acknowledge that I have reviewed and understand Amazon’s Selling Policies and Seller Code of Conduct policy and commit to taking steps to prevent violations of this policy from recurring in the future” or file an appeal “If you believe the policy violation is in error, please provide an explanation”. But how can we either acknowledge or appeal the violation when the specific violation is not specified?

I’m still very concerned about Amazon creating and implementing policies and procedures that affect 3rd party sellers without any input or oversight from the seller community. Until these issues are addressed and AHR calculations are both documented and published for the community to review there will be a lack of trust and progress towards our mutual goals of satisfying our mutual customers while staying compliant with the constantly changing guidelines of the Amazon Marketplace.

What total score is considered by amazon as good or healthy ?

Would this mean we lose our points/long-term progress as orders drop off the 180-day window?

Hi @Commerce3, good question - no, you will not lose progress towards a healthy AHR unless there are new violations, which would deduct from your overall score.

Successful orders filled will improve the score, measured in 200-order increments over the 180-day period, and impact to the score will remain when a window begins.

Kelly

From the perspective of “small” Handmade or a “micro business”, where 160 sales for the YEAR is a good number for their side hustle, it would be nearly impossible to increase off the baseline number.

Even if the sales counter doesn’t reset at the end of 180 days, it would take 1.25 YEARS to increase 4 points. Don’t even think about going from 200 points to 1000 points (+800 points = 40,000 sales) as it would take 250 YEARS!

Even with 0 violations of any kind, a business this small/tiny/insignificant to “real sellers” (which to those of us with that size business it isn’t a “hobby”, it is a full time 2nd job “real business”), would always be in “poor performance” no matter how well we delight Amazon customers.

Does recovery from a “critical” violation return to previous points like a “standard” policy violation does?

@Rocinante, I will let you know if this number is available! For now, sellers should use the scale in the AHR page.

@Rocinante - I have the answer for you on the AHR program policy page! 200 is the start of the “green band.”

If your AHR is green (“Healthy,” based on a score of 200-1,000), that means your account is not at risk of deactivation based on the policies comprising the score. If your AHR is yellow (“At Risk,” based on a score of 100-199), your account is at risk of deactivation. When your AHR is red (“Unhealthy,” based on a score of 99 or lower), your account is either eligible for deactivation or already deactivated.

Successful orders add to your score, and violations will deduct.

Hope this helps!

Kelly