user profile
Sign in
user profile

New Amazon delivery driver scam

by Seller_e2XzEQIKLSAPb

Just posted on social media: Amazon just came to my house and put a package in front of my door, took a Pic and picked it up and drove off with it. Lucky for me I have a ring camera. It posted to my account as delivered with the picture of it delivered at my door.

How do we protect ourselves as sellers from this?

Tags: Images
61 replies
61 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_fGluy2Rns9Cfx
In reply to: Seller_e2XzEQIKLSAPb's post

We all buy ring, to pay amazon for ring, to fight the theft, of amazon orders, by amazon contractors

Their business plan is undeniable.

user profile
Seller_DYigzOHupV0FE

Wow! That’s bad. Didn’t even think to look for cameras.

user profile
Seller_d7Z0MKOJalf7S

Exactly what has the seller got to do with this delivery?
This is an amazon employee that is stealing and has gotten caught.

user profile
Seller_qTJiCxRI8PpIZ

The seller has nothing to do with this, the Amazon employee was at fault. Best course of action would be to contact Amazon customer service. Perhaps file an A-Z and hope if it’s a 3P seller they are smart enough to back themselves up.

user profile
Seller_ro9xkiwwY4zne

New Amazon delivery driver scam

Unfortunately, this is not a “new” scam. There have been previous reports of this happening (some discussed here), with the Amazon drivers being arrested. All caught on camera.

Perhaps Amazon hires/contracts drivers like they hire Seller “Support.”

No particular qualifications - or common sense - needed.

user profile
Seller_DYigzOHupV0FE

The questions was “How do WE protect OURSELVES as sellers from this?” No one is blaming the seller. But at the end of the day the answer is nothing other than using Amazon buy shipping which should protect us in an INR claim.

user profile
Seller_olet7eVOHxQZd

Been going on since there were drivers for a delivery service. Not sure why anyone thinks this is news. It is FBA so the seller is protected.

user profile
Seller_2xk7gmX38vZbE

For reference on the whole Amazon Shipping and INR claims, I asked this exact question earlier in 2020 and got the following answer from Amazon:

Question I asked via email: “Xxxx, I have a preliminary question. One of the benefits of using Amazon shipping has been that we third-party sellers were protected against “non-delivered” claims when tracking showed as “delivered.” Everyone in this industry knows that those claims are occasionally true (incorrectly delivered or scanned, as well as theft from porch pirates), but the vast majority are fraud on the part of buyer, today’s form of shoplifting. We third-party sellers automatically lose if an Amazon buyer continues to say “I did not receive my package” no matter what happens with tracking and even signatures. But with Amazon shipping, we supposedly were protected. Lately, the forums have had consistent stories about that no longer being the case. Even with a third-party seller using Amazon shipping, the seller is losing (a buyer claiming non-delivery is winning A-Z automatically; seller loses the money and metrics suffer).”

Answer from Amazon Shipping:

"Hey Xxx, Amazon Shipping will protect your seller metric in the case of a “Delivered but not received” package. You would file a claim right at [link removed]. These claims are normally settled in a day or two. You are protected for the value that you sold the item at, up to $100.
If it is shipped with Amazon Shipping we will also protect your seller metrics.
Next steps would be to go over your rate card at [link removed]. Then completed the quick sign up process and sign the shipping policies.
Any other question please let me know.
Thank you,
Name Removed | Amazon . com [link removed]
Strategic Partnerships, Amazon Shipping
Other identifying information removed

user profile
Seller_jw3HRo32wY2Hk

Don’t have the full facts just what the OP copy/pasted. There could be legitimate reasons why driver would leave with the parcel - e.g. maybe he realised it was leaking or contents were broken, or some other reason driver changed mind about leaving it there. The delivery drivers would take those back to depot.

user profile
Seller_6XSiPqg4VTwhh

Are you sure it was your package. It could be as simple as he just noticed it was delivered to the wrong address?

Go to original post