user profile
Sign in
user profile

Negative Feedback Revenge & Extortion - Do you agree with this suggestion?

by Seller_ppwQYDJK9Qxbv

As we all know, Amazon will remove feedback only in the following cases:

1. The feedback includes words commonly understood to be obscene or profane.
2. The feedback includes seller-specific, personally identifiable information, including email addresses, full names, or telephone numbers.
3. The entire feedback comment is a product review.

I would like to suggest a 4th case for removal, as follows:

1. When it is clearly a “feedback revenge”. In this case, I suggest that Amazon would accept to review the feedback when: Buyers have LOST their A to Z claims, or when SAFE-T claims are granted to the SELLER.

The above action will help to stop cases of “feedback extortion” and “feedback revenge”. It is not a final solution, but it will certainly help us.

Does this make sense to you? I would like to hear the opinion of other sellers.

Thank you for reading this post.

Tags: Fees, Product removal
221 replies
221 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_d7Z0MKOJalf7S
In reply to: Seller_ppwQYDJK9Qxbv's post

I personally have had very good success in getting this type of feedback removed when the buyer has lost an A-Z claim.

user profile
Seller_pxFOqidJJOzCn

Or another simple solution - stop attaching a number to the feedback comments. Leave them as comments only without the false empowerment of the rating number and its often discussed tactics from buyers to use it as a weapon of extortion. If it was just a comment then it can be read or not by others, but it would not have such a dramatic and false impact on a seller.

user profile
Seller_GUAOqRYicSfGk
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_3N7yVnTXPzLkL

The rule relative to feedback removal is

Amazon will do nothing which increases Amazon’s risk of being responsible for the content of feedback.

No policy will be implemented which, in the opinion of Amazon legal, increases this risk.

Any actions taken by seller support which increase this risk will be discontinued, and if necessary contact with seller support will be curtailed to avoid such action.

user profile
Seller_PDfrEGuXci4vA

Other sites like E-Bay are more seller friendly and will remove unjustified seller feedback. Amazon’s policies are tantamount to collusion with buyers to defraud sellers. I wish you luck.

user profile
Seller_KAiI7r7mjHBV7

How does a buyer know when a SAFE- T claim is granted to a buyer and why would a buyer care? I think Amazon should get rid of SAFE-T claims altogether because it encourages unnecessary seller subsidization that can be better handled with AZ Claims made more seller friendly.

As previously suggested on other threads, Amazon could remove the feedback option for buyers altogether when sellers aren’t faulted for A to Z claims.

Also as previously suggested on other threads, Amazon could discontinue the math of feedback ratings numbers and rate fulfillment instead. Feedback comments can be helpful to both buyers and to sellers.

Feedback revenge is an accusation that doesn’t seem to be a viable reason for feedback removal. Preventing buyer feedback when sellers aren’t faulted for AZ claims seems more viable and less buyer accusatory Amazon policy.

user profile
Seller_M4qhQrfg2tNmQ

I think your criteria for feedback removal along with some other common sense policies for feedback removal would be a great and fair solution. However amazon has been clear that they disagree.

It is amazon’s stance that while the buyer has an active amazon buyer account, they are a customer, and should be kept happy at any expense, even when the buyer is clearly wrong or behaving maliciously, and abusing the amazon system.

Amazon will track their behavior over an extended period of time, and if amazon believes the buyer has become overly abusive or malicious they will suspend or remove access for that buyer account.

But in the meantime amazon expects third party sellers to absorb the loss created by the malicious buyer until amazon has determined them to be grossly malicious.

This doesn’t seem fair from my perspective a third party seller, especially when other marketplaces do much more to protect the seller; personally I feel that amazon should be the one absorbing the losses when their buyers are abusing the system; however that is not the type of service that amazon offers to it’s sellers.

user profile
Seller_ksuJJ1oRL6fQU

It’s super funny how Amazon over protect ALL buyers.
I got a negative feedback on “Didn’t receive package” and tracking number shows was DELIVERED
There is not way to remove this feedback while other platform like eBay allow us remove it without complications.

user profile
Seller_mECVmiLMIjvvq

The best way to counteract negative feedback has two parts:

• Have all Positive Feedback with very few negatives

• Reply to the negative feedback in a calm professional manor in such a way that any customer reading it realizes that the person who wrote it is either an idiot or a fool.

With most all negative feedbacks the latter isn’t too hard.

In our case we have over 5000 positive and only a handful of negs over the last 10 years. It’s a happy time when you stop worrying about feedback.

user profile
Seller_bWU6w5XvXmIfs

Personally, I have never had any luck in having unfair feedbacks of any kind removed. I will request the removal once - using the Feedback Manager and if it gets denied, I leave it like it is.

However, there are sellers who fight every unfair negative feedback or a product review and are willing to spend ages reopening cases, calling Amazon or even e-mailing Jeff in an attempt to achieve what they want. Eventually, they manage to find a badly trained rep who will comply.

Go to original post