user profile
Sign in
user profile

My selling privileges have been removed

by Seller_DQTjBGWDwg7yI

Hi,

I’ve been trying to get my account approved on Amazon for a month now.

I uploaded an internet bill that is in the past 90 days, and it clearly states my full name and address on it.
I uploaded a valid CREDIT card.

Initially, I uploaded a debit, and I got an email saying my account could not be verified, but they were not specific.

So I just figured it could be the card and changed the card to a valid credit card.

I submitted an appeal a few days ago and got an email saying that my selling privileges have been removed.

Your Amazon selling account remains deactivated. Your listings have been removed. Funds will not be transferred to you and may be held for 90 days or longer. Please ship any open orders to avoid further impact to your account.

Why is this happening?
This decision was made after reviewing both your account and the information provided.

We may not respond to further emails about this issue.

This is a very unsettling email and quite frustrating, especially because I don’t even know WHY.
Please help.

Tags: Address, Credit card
40 replies
40 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_VPTojhikJPGtl
In reply to: Seller_DQTjBGWDwg7yI's post

I would look at section 3 of the agreement and see if what is listed matches things you have been doing on your account.

user profile
Seller_dd8CaWlh9ntK2

Try sending them your business license i.e. state tax certificate, front and back of the card you provided them plus latest card/bank statement.

user profile
Seller_olet7eVOHxQZd

Please ignore @superdee_27935. You should not send more to Amazon than they asked for. Amazon will reject at the first thing they see is wrong. If they ask for a piped utility bill and you send a sales tax cert, boom done. Denied.

The wording says be sure you have a valid credit card on file. Not send us documents proving it is yours.

user profile
Seller_UBmr6lV9X0ngT

do not send .PDF files. they have been causing problems. scan and save your documents to .JPG or .PNG.

user profile
Seller_3N7yVnTXPzLkL

Every commercial space I have rented had utility bills associated with it.

Every residence I ran my business from has had utility bills.

I never did business out of my Mom’s basement, but I am sure Amazon has considered whether it wants sellers who do.

user profile
Seller_khyLRCF1GHlhv

I’m not sure but is it possible your Credit Card has been associated for other Seller Accounts? Did you lend to anyone or do you have an incomplete /inactive seller account

user profile
Seller_DQTjBGWDwg7yI

Did you in any way modify, mark, circle or sneeze on your Internet Bill?

It’s an online bill. No modifications have been made.

do not send .PDF files. they have been causing problems. scan and save your documents to .JPG or .PNG.

It was a PDF that I sent. I can try to change it to .JPG or .PNG

I’m not sure but is it possible your Credit Card has been associated for other Seller Accounts? Did you lend to anyone or do you have an incomplete /inactive seller account

Nope, this is the only seller account I have, and no, I did not lend it.

Anyway, I requested a callback on the seller website. Hopefully, I can speak to someone in person.

user profile
Seller_etzuR2VWGFKtX

I don’t think anyone mentioned it, but most of these discussions, one of the things the posters who are in the know, say to be sure that your name is exactly the same on your driver’s license, utility bill, etc.

If your birth name is William Paul Smith and you opened your account as Bill Smith and your driver’s license says William Smith and the utility bills have variations of the name, you have to submit your paper work with all name matching exactly on all pieces of proof. Many folks have several alias (AKA - also know as). So, they really aren’t thinking about the match. I think the name also has to match exactly on your credit card.

There are MANY discussions on this same matter here on the forum and you may want to look them up for any more tidbits of help.

user profile
Seller_ltKv4J61MDsNf

Use your bank account info, not a card. Pro tip of the day.

user profile
Seller_DQTjBGWDwg7yI

One thing is, I recently changed my address, and I keep my business address the same as my home address.

My business bank account is probably still registered to my old address (Address A). Perhaps I should change it.

In Account Information, under Business Information, under Business Address, I put down my new address (Address B).

Under Legal Entity, under Place of establishment address, I put down Address B.

For the place of establishment, is it correct to put the old address, since my business was technically established there?

Go to original post