My new account was suspended shortly after registration, privileges removed and account de-activated. HELP!

Hello guys,
about 3 months ago I opened an Individual Amazon seller account. The account got suspended at the beginning (see attached messages). When I first opened the account I wasn’t informed about Amazon’s policy on documents and payment methods, etc.
After the suspension, because of some personal issues I didn’t had the time to manage the problem and figure out any solution.
Now I would like to have it reinstated and I already checked the below forum posts that had many informations on suspended accounts:

So after I checked out the forum I think I figured out the issues that caused the removal of the selling privileges.
I’m aware that officially a credit card is required and I already tried to ask my bank for one but I didn’t met the requirements to have it.
After checking those posts instead I decided to ask my bank for a debit card(VISA), as someone was saying that sometimes they do accept debit cards, do you think they could accept it?

Meanwhile creating my account I inserted those wrong informations(I think those are the potential issues):
-ISSUE 1- I filled the infos of a Visa Pre-Paid Card (now I know this is not accepted by Amazon).
-ISSUE 2- I sent a bank statement but the address wasn’t matching the address on my Seller Central Account.

-ISSUE 3- Then after they asked for documents(MAIL 2 below) I sent them a utility bill(internet service provider) but I figured out it wasn’t correct.

This is the current situation(after all the below emails):
At this point my selling privileges are removed and my accouny is even de-activated. I managed to request new documents and now I’m sure they’re all correct and match the information on my account. Eventually I already made a draft of a Plan of Action but still waiting to send it. My only doubt(and hope) is if they do accept my debit card.
I currently live in Italy and getting a credit card here is very hard, banks have high requirements.
Can someone give me any suggestions on how to move forward? Could the 3 months lack of action determine whether they reactivate my account or not? What would you do if you were in my situation?
I really need help and would really appreciate any eventual reply.
Best Regards,
Cosmin

--------------------------------------------------------------------Notifications----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*To make you understand all the situation, below I attach all the notifications (chronological order) I got from Amazon and all the actions I took for each of them. This corrispondence(MAIL 1 TO MAIL 6) happened within a day.

MAIL 1
Greetings from Amazon Services,

We were unable to verify the credit card information you provided for your seller account. Common reasons for this occurrence are as follows:

1. Invalid card number, expiration date, or cardholder name. Incorrect billing address not matching the bank’s records.
  2. Your card expired.
  3. Bank limits or policies that prevent the charge attempt from being accepted.
  4. Card is a pre-paid credit card.
  5. The card was configured as an exception to a specific marketplace but the card does not accept charges in that currency.

For billing and security purposes, all Amazon sellers must provide valid credit card information from a credit card acceptable by Amazon. Payment will be suspended until your credit card information has been updated. For instructions on how to update credit card information in your seller account, search for Credit Card Information for Your Seller Account in Seller Help.

Once your credit card information has been updated and verified, payment will be initiated on your next settlement date. Additionally, any fees owed for this settlement period will be charged to the credit card on your next settlement date.

If you believe that your credit card information was entered correctly and that you have received this message in error, please contact your bank for verification.

Thank you for selling on Amazon.
Amazon Services

*MY BAD- At this point I changed the card information and I inserted another pre-paid card.

MAIL 2

Hello,

We are reviewing your Amazon.com seller account. During our review, you will not be able to sell on Amazon.com.

Please ship any open orders. If you have funds in your account, they will be available after any amounts paid for A-to-z claims or chargebacks on your orders have been deducted. This usually takes about 90 days, but funds may be held longer.

You can see your balance and settlement information in the Payments section of Seller Central. If you have questions about those, please send an email to payments-funds@amazon.com.

Please provide the following documents and confirm there is a valid credit card on file:

–Utility bill with name and address visible
–Business license, if applicable
–If you have active listings, include copies of invoices, receipts, contracts or delivery orders from your supplier issued in the last 90 days.

You can send files in .pdf, .png, or .gif format. These documents must be authentic and unaltered. You may remove pricing information, but the rest of the document must be visible. Please send the documents to seller-performance@amazon.com.

Once we receive your documents, we will review them and decide whether you may sell on Amazon.com again.

At this point, through my email I sent them a utility bill(from my internet service provider) that had the same address as on my Seller Central Account but it had some of the parts that may look like they were altered or not authentic. (This is the way my internet provider sents them).
I don’t have the business license (it is not a must at the beginning right?), I have a debit card( VISA circuit) and not a credit card.
I got their reply at MAIL 6.

Meanwhile waiting for their answer(to MAIL 2) I changed different times in my account my card informations and got those several mails (from MAIL 3 to MAIL 5)

MAIL 3

Hello from Amazon Services,

Per your request, the credit card information associated with your seller account on Amazon has been updated. Future account charges will be made to this credit card.

If you did not request this change, please contact Seller Support.

Regards,
Amazon Services

MAIL 4

Per your request, the credit card information associated with your seller account on Amazon has been updated. Future account charges will be made to this credit card.

Regards,
Amazon Services

MAIL 5

Regards,
Amazon Services

I inserted another prepaid card(Mastercard) and they charged me with the 0.01 to check it. Several days later Amazon also sent me the invoice of this charge.
Does it means that the card was instead valid?

MAIL 6

Hello,

We reviewed your account and the information you provided, and we have decided that you may not sell on Amazon.com.

Please ship any open orders. If you have funds in your account, they will be available after any amounts paid for A-to-z claims or chargebacks on your orders have been deducted. This usually takes about 90 days, but funds may be held longer.

You can see your balance and settlement information in the Payments section of Seller Central. If you have questions about those, please write to payments-funds@amazon.com.
Sincerely,
Seller Performance Team
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com

—2 Months after MAIL 6—
At this point after I asked my bank for the Visa debit card, I inserted it on my account.
But they didn’t sent me any statement whether is valid or not. What does that means?

MAIL 7

Regards,
Amazon Services

Prepaid cards are NEVER acceptable on Amazon for seller accounts. Debit cards are not recommended. Get a real credit card.

Don’t you know the difference between a credit card and debt card. A credit card has to approve you, based on searching your credit history. Amazon knows that you are vetted by the credit card company and laws that surround credit card industry. A debt card is just an easy to write a check. If the funds are there, the payment goes through, if the funds are not there, no payment is made. Accepting debt cards and expecting a line of credit on them is no way to run a business. :train2:

Thank you for the reply! I already tried to ask my bank but they told me I don’t meet the requirments. I will get it somehow!

I’m not being mean here… but if your bank says you don’t qualify… Amazon will say no also.

Hello, I appreciate your reply. Yes I do know the difference between them and I got the point of why they ask for a credit card. I just wanted to evaluate my current available options as if I try to ask a bank again for a credit card, it takes about 4-6 weeks to get an answer to the inquiry(and don’t know if they will release it). I’m not feeling that comfortable with that as I found the product to get live. So I was wondering if it would be possible to use the debit card. Hope you get my point :cry:
Instead I’m trying to figure out if there’s a chance to get a credit card with other banks.

Amazon rules are the rules and are inflexible.

See if you can talk to a manager at the bank who might have some leeway, not just a clerk who must follow the rules. Explain the situation and ask if they can issue a low limit credit card. Unless Amazon tries to charge more than the limit I think it will be invisible to them and the card accepted.

Create a basic business plan so you can give specific answers if asked about your business.

Hey thank you for the advice, I will try to do so! Hope to find an affable bank manager out there.
In fact at the beginning the credit card is required just for some minimum expenses compared to the real potential costs of the business. Anyways hope to get it soon !

You might want to look into getting a SECURED credit card (This is not the same as a pre-paid card).
Just ignore the negative Nelly’s on this thread. They usually either miss the point or don’t know what they’re talking about.
Good luck.

If you do not meet the requirements for a credit card, I doubt if you will meet the requirements to sell on Amazon. Just my opinion.

Actually, that isn’t really your opinion. It is Amazon policy:

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/1791?language=en_US&ref=ag_1791_cont_521

…To use a Service, you must provide us with valid credit card information from a credit card or credit cards acceptable by Amazon…

You don’t need a credit card. A debit card will work with no problems.

Most sellers are using debit cards as their account’s charge method, including me.

You are in the UK I believe, right?
You may have different rules and laws there but the ToS in the States clearly state that a CREDIT Card is required. (See Amazon link above). As most sellers know, Amazon’s rules are often conflicting so, if you can point out in the US ToS where it says otherwise please post a link.

Hey thank you for the suggestion, I will definitely check around for this option! I will get out of this somehow :smiley:

Hello @Seller_2zvHv4ArfNLc7 thank you for your reply, I’m glad to hear that! As pointed also in this thread’s replies there is a large debate on this subject. You started using a debit card since the beginning?

There are a few sellers on the forum who insist that debit cards can not be used.

Otherwise, everyone is using them without problems. As long as you aren’t using a pre-paid online card, you should not experience any issues.

I have been using a debit card for years here. It is tied directly to my checking account and have never had a problem. Wells Fargo. Not saying you MUST have a credit card, but I think it is how it is connected to a VALID checking or savings account. (In good standing)

You can apply right on line for many cards. :train2:

I’m not saying you can’t use one. I’m saying Amazons ToS specifically state that you must provide a valid credit card to use the Business Services. If the ToS state something otherwise please provide a link.

That just isn’t true as attested to in this previous thread:

Amazon makes the policy absolutely clear on the following help page where they state …Are you using a pre-paid or debit card? (Note: Use of pre-paid or debit cards are not accepted for a selling account.):

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/help.html/?itemID=G861

A lot of sellers get away with skirting the rules (sometimes for extended periods of time) until they don’t. If the sellers who follow your advice get their accounts suspended are you going to take responsibility for it?