Multiple Accounts Policy

Anyone else getting this message? Is it even from amazon (For the record I own have one seller account)

"Dear Seller,

Amazon’s policies prohibit a seller from operating or maintaining multiple accounts; however, we understand that in certain circumstances, sellers may need to own multiple accounts.

We would like to ask you a few questions:

• Do you have multiple Amazon selling accounts?
• Have you opened or operated more than one seller account in the past?
• In addition to your seller account, do any other members of your household also have a seller account?

In order to protect your account, please reply to this email with the following information:

• The email address(es) associated with each account you own
• The email address(es) associated with each account owned by members of your household other than yourself
• The reason(s) why you need each account

If you own just one account, have never owned more than one account in the past, and no one else in your household has or has had an account, please disregard this notice.

Best regards,
Seller Performance"

Hello

yes I received this also and was really surprised, the thing that is very strange is that i received it on my mail box and not directly in my performance section in the amazon account

Regards

The last sentence is rather confusing. There could be several people who live or once lived at some address who sell or once sold something on amazon. Doesn’t mean they are related or the same household but could still be grouped together by a computer search.

IF it is legit…

Amazon might be looking for the Chinese sellers with many accounts. If they don’t own up to it, it’s a great way to shut them down immediately.

Hello Sellers,

I understand you are receiving a message from us regarding our Multiple Accounts Summary.

I have checked and these are coming from Amazon. I suggest you respond with the requested information. In the meantime, I will see if I can find out any additional information.

-Susan

NOTE just disregard the notice if, as already posted by a seller, “If you only own one account, have never owned more than one account in the past, and no one else in your household has or has had an account, please disregard this notice.”

Edited by: SusanH@SellerSupport on Oct 3, 2016 10:29 AM

Amazon tracks the IP address. In the event you have multiple people using the account they will get a pop up telling them that there may be something fishy going on.

IP address is your online identity so to speak.

I got the same - called seller support and was told it was genuine.
Would rather these came through seller central.

I received one as well, and I do not have more than one account, but just added a second site that has a separate ISP address. I was wondering if this might have attracted the attention of the bots, as tracking verification is coming from this second site. Any ideas? I responded in the negative, because I wanted to be sure that they understood a second ISP address for the same account. I also wonder why there is nothing in my seller performance notifications.

I have not got the message but I have just bought a branded product which when it arrived was not the branded product as advertised and was supplied by a seller who sold it under another seller name in the same category.

Meaning this seller has two accounts with different names and is selling in the same category, and even in the same listing and is not supplying the product as advertised.

I am the original brand seller of the listing doing a test buy (we manufacture our own), and this seller is offering our products on this listing as Name B but the order is being processed by Name A who also sells in this category, and delivering as Name A, and not Name B who I purchased the product from.

Whew! It is amazing what some sellers can get away with…

Also it may mean you are being hacked by a neighbor who is using your internet service. May want to update your password.

Your wifi password

Really?

What about dynamically-assigned IPs?

And you DO know IPs can be spoofed, right?

I just got this! I’m sos stressed!!! I have only had one email address my whole life which is the same as my seller account! My husband was selling with his account but that was yearssss ago! Do we need to send that information??? I’m as confused as anything!

Honest sellers should (hopefully) be fine. Let’s hope Amazon is cleaning house.

Scary, I got the same email today too. I have only had one account and email. I wonder if this has anything to do with the chinese sellers copying my entire inventory using my pictures and titles and creating new ASIN’s with them…hmm?

We were approved for Two selling accounts Years Ago. Amazon KNOWS THIS.

My hope is that this isn’t one department not taking to another department again…

> NOTE just disregard the notice if, as already posted by a seller, “If you only own one account, have never owned more than one account in the past, and no one else in your household has or has had an account, please disregard this notice.”

This is the only aspect of the situation that scares the carp out of me.

It has been a proven watchword of many veterans for a long time that you NEVER, EVER disregard any Amazon communication regarding your account. I for one do want to start an appeal six months from now with “But you told me I could disregard the notice.”

Bear in mind… If a SELLER thinks it does not apply to them, and then AMAZON decides it does because of Uncle Joe’s 1996 account, the seller’s opinion will NOT be the one that controls.

But the failure to respond might well be treated by Seller Performance in the same way they treat failure to respond to listing violation notifications.

“I also wonder why there is nothing in my seller performance notifications.”*

I wondered the same, Nurse Deb. After receiving this same email, I went our seller account and there were no notifications. Wonder why? I sometimes use our laptop under our guest wifi account. I have such a screwy laptop that’s the only way I know how to get on the internet. But I work mainly on our desktop.

All I know is that we have only one Amazon account. Very troublesome.

did you receive the email at both emails?

What do y’all think about the following response? I DON’T have two seller accounts. I work at a business with a seller account (that is where the email came) and have a personal account. I responded this morning asking for clarification of the question since it was written like an email sent to a home seller (household wording). But since reading the boards here it seems like it is an IP issue and was thinking about sending the following response…

+This email (xxx@xxx.com) is a business account selling sports clothing and gear for the business. I administer it as an employee and do work sometimes at home, but usually at the business location.+

+I have a personal seller account under myemail@xxx.com used primarily for selling personal books and textbooks - my personal goods. I do my personal shipping at work and do business work at home sometimes.+

+These two accounts are not for the same person or organization, but may occasionally operate from the same location.+

Is that the right response or am I opening up to a big mess??