Multi-Channel Fulfillment & FBA to sell to international

As part of my Kickstarter, I want to be able to use Amazon to fulfill that initial order, which I understand is under the multi-channel fulfillment. However, I’m unsure what to charge international backers for that fulfillment (and to confirm Amazon will ship them). The product I’m shipping will be close to this:

Package Dimensions: 2.6 X 4.9 X 8.5 inches
Unit Weight: 2.6 pounds

Is there a pricing sheet or someway to first confirm I can ship international this way, and then what the cost is by country (roughly)?

Then, as a follow up, I would then want to start using FBA and operate the Amazon selling for the product after that crowdfunding order. Similar question - what am I looking at for fulfillment costs vs. if it was a domestic purchaser (and can I sell international at all this way?)

Thank you for any help you can provide.

MCF does not ship internationally. You would have to have stock in each country in order to do that.

Thank you, that is helpful to know, so I’ll likely have to get a different fulfillment company for international at least. How about FBA? Will that ship internationally or do I need to supply inventory multiple places and sell on different platforms? I’m just trying to maximize my potential customer base and not sure the best route to do so.

Amazon does have FBA Export for many products for sale on Amazon.com. That requires the orders are placed on Amazon.com (not other sales channels) and have been already approved by Amazon. The customers will usually be charged additional fees for import charges.

Dave

On FBA Export it says:
https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/external/200804980?language=en-US&ref=efph_200804980_cont_200149570

FBA Export (Multi-Channel Fulfillment): For international orders through Multi-Channel Fulfillment, use the following table to determine the cost of fulfillment.
Standard-Size1 Units Americas Africa & Middle East Asia & Oceana Europe
Order Handling - Per Order $13.65 $13.65 $13.65 $13.65
Pick & Pack - Per Unit $0.60 $0.60 $0.60 $0.60
Weight Handling - Per lb.* First 15 lb. $2.40 $3.60 $3.00 $2.20

• next 16 - 20 lb. $0.50 $0.50 $0.50 $0.50

Doesn’t that suggest you can do MCF for international? Once I knew it was called FBA Export, that was helpful in finding that info.

You would think but, International MCF is only available for BMVD products. We found this out the hard way and had to cancel a few orders from our website as Amazon would not ship them.

International Multi-Channel Fulfillment Orders

Important: Only the following media products are eligible for international Multi-Channel Fulfillment: books, movies, videos, and DVDs (BMVD products).

Even if the ASIN is eligible for FBA Export, you cannot create international Multi-Channel Fulfillment orders for non-media products.

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/GV43DWCXSBHJJTP7

closed #7

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.