Mixup with FBA Inventory

I’m am having trouble getting anywhere with Amazon on this so I thought I would get some advice from the forum…

So the situation is this, I sent 4 case packed boxes to Amazon, each with a different SKU/ Product inside and they all went to the same warehouse. There were 36 pieces of each of these products inside each box. I made a terrible mistake and flip flopped the shipping label on the boxes, however the ASIN number sticker on each individual item inside the boxes are correct. Amazon received the items and stated that they received an extra 36 of one sku and 0 of another sku in the shipment, so it looks something like this…

Item A: 0 -36

Item B: 36

Item C: 36

Item D: 72 +36

They placed the extra 36 items they said they received (Which is likely the missing Item A), into inventory as Item D.

I’m thinking that they scanned the outside label on the box only, and as it showed up as Item D because I mixed up the shipping labels, they placed that box in inventory without even opening it. The reason I say this, is that if they had opened it, they would have seen and or scanned the ASIN sticker on the products inside and realized that it was Item A.

I have been going back and forth with Amazon for 5 days, and I feel like i’m getting nowhere. I think that once Item D is sold down enough they will finally open the box containing Item A and realize it isn’t the right product??? But maybe I am wrong here and they just lost the box entirely and somehow added an extra 36 units to Item D. Weirder things have happened… I’m not really sure what Amazons process is for receiving inventory or storing inventory, or what checks they have in place, so I don’t know if what I am thinking is even possible, I’m just trying to figure out whats going on. Any thoughts?

And yes, I screwed up royally, and will NEVER make the mistake of mixing up shipping labels again…

Have Amazon return all of Item D to you. Then you can separate it yourself and send it back in.

Fba doesn’t work like you described; they don’t keep all of your items in your boxes, filling orders as they come in. They take everything out of your boxes and store items in coded bins in one or more warehouses.

At this time you have no idea whether customers ordering Item D are receiving the right or wrong item. That is not good.

Does Amazon not scan items in the process of fulfilling orders? If that’s the case it would seem pointless to put scan codes on the individual products.

Greetings Candeo Candle,

Thank you so much for reaching out with your question. As indicated by the previous commenters, it is recommended that if there is a possibility that your inventory was miss received that you create a Removal Order and have the products returned to you so you can review them and resolve any issues with the inventory. You can learn how to create Removal Orders via the link below:

[ Remove inventory (overview)|https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/200280650]

Thank you so much for your understanding. If you have any additional questions or concerns please reach out again. I hope you have a lovely day.

-Glenn S.

closed #5