Merchant Token

Is Merchant Token a private secret code? And what will happen if some body find our our Merchant Token?

A Merchant token is what’s necessary for a 3rd party to access your account. They are given only at your approval, and only to sites Amazon has vetted to be secure. The code is only good for that specific vendor to authorized to access your account. It is useless anywhere else. :train2:

Thanks for your kind reply and information.
As I understood you mean by Merchant Token ID, a third party have an access to our account. But what level of account is accessible by that? Can third party have a full access as the main owner?
If so, that would be as a User name and Password of Seller Central Account. Is that right?
If yes, then I think is necessary to have a possibility to change it in necessary cases.
But some where I read it is not possible to change Merchant Token unless to close the account and open a new one.

:train2:

Is this the merchant token you are asking about?
https://sellercentral.amazon.com/sw/AccountInfo/MerchantToken/step/MerchantToken
If so, it is not private. It is merely an account identifier, and for many it the same as your sellerid. The only thing anyone can do with your merchant token (or your sellerid) is to find your seller page. It is unique to your account and can’t be changed.

This is not the same as an authorization token, which you can get on the “manage your apps” page. Authorization tokens are easily granted and revoked, and give 3rd party software access to your account via the MWS api.

On a side note, all software in the app store is essentially self-certified. To say Amazon has vetted them all to be secure is not true for any reasonable interpretation of the word “secure”.

I’ll look into that this week. There has to be some sort of coding bounce back or Amazon configuration contained with in the vendors software to make it activate. :train2:

I’m not sure what you are asking. Here is a section describing 3rd party access from the page Developing an Amazon MWS application:
http://docs.developer.amazonservices.com/en_US/dev_guide/DG_Developing.html

When your web application is ready, provide sellers with your Developer ID, which they can use to authorize you for developer access to their selling accounts. A seller authorizes you as a developer from the User Permissions page in Seller Central. For more information, see I am a developer and I want to develop Amazon MWS applications for sellers. What should I do?.

The seller provides you with the MWS Auth Token associated with your developer account and their Seller ID. You can then make Amazon MWS requests on their behalf, using the seller’s identifiers and your developer credentials.

For further assistance with building Amazon MWS applications, see Related Resources.

Thanks for your supportive answers.
One of my customers requested to have our “Merchant Token”. I don’t know how this request is normal and how is risky to give them our Merchant Token.
As your explanation, having a Merchant Token of a seller is only usable to see the seller products pages. Right?
If so, can you please let me know how I can see products pages of a seller by using its Merchant Token?
And what is difference of using Merchant Token and using of Store Front?
Sorry to send you many questions. If you have no time to answer them, just please ignore it.

When you click on the name of a sellers when viewing amazon products, you are taken to that sellers amazon “store”. The URL you click on has many parameters. One of the parameters can be the seller ID (aka merchant token). I don’t see any risk in providing your seller id to a customer.

The seller id is a unique code that identifies your seller account. I don’t know all of it’s uses, but anytime a seller account needs to be clearly identified, it would be used.

Here is the link to my store (which is empty because the account is only used for testing). You can see the parameter “seller=A2TTHYLEPQH4RM” is the same code shown as “merchant token” in my seller control panel.

A “merchant token” is a unique code that identifies your seller account. The “storefront” is a web page that shows information about your company including the productions you sell.

David Nelson
Dynamic Enterprise Technologies Inc
Seattle Washington USA