user profile
Sign in
user profile

Melting temperature attribute will soon be a required step for ASINs

by News_Amazon

To help improve the customer experience, we’ve added a melting temperature attribute for ASINs. Starting April 22, 2021, this attribute will be a required step when you fill out information for the following:

• New ASINs
  • All existing ASINs when you update any attribute on a product information page

For meltable items, such as chocolate, lip balms, and wax-based products, select Yes for is heat sensitive and provide information about the product’s melting temperature.

Although melting temperature is currently an optional attribute, we recommend that you update your affected ASINs now so that they are current as of April 22. If you offer temperature-sensitive ASINs that Amazon also offers, the product attributes may have been updated already.

We appreciate your cooperation as we continually strive to improve the customer experience.

Tags: News and Announcements
96 replies
96 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_OKMJwcjleGkt0
In reply to: News_Amazon's post

Is this only for FBA items?

user profile
Seller_D7mNsI9QDpUdP

please. do not remove listings for the book Fahrenheit 451!()

user profile
Seller_DneABgDrWohOx

Does this mean you are going to change the layout of the Inventory Loader template again or are we going to be forced to make each listing manually?

user profile
Seller_TyNPnzv9SaYa3

I have never looked at melting temp when buying lip balm. Or chocolate.

user profile
Seller_N9hoHKjTXNQm1

Does this have anything to do with deciding which items are stored in temperature controlled warehouses?

And can I add a melting temperature if storing in extreme heat can cause the adhesives in my products to fail even if the item itself is not technically heat-sensitive?

user profile
Seller_4iKglXa3AdHk2

Does this really pertain to all items on Amazon?
Like Fitness Equipment? Do I have to go heat test my fitness stuff?
Yep, it melts at 3280 degrees.

user profile
Seller_jceOzRHLPQ3DZ

Does anyone know the melting temperature of a vacuum cleaner or a roll of toilet paper? I could use a hand with this one.

user profile
Seller_6w24b63xpNLLU

Who knows melting temperature for iPhone? I am sure it is heat sensitive but I don’t want to check it on our inventory

user profile
Seller_1hzV3F0aOwYS0

what is the melting temperature of chocolate? is this according to “science” or anyone can say what they want? How do you define melting temp for chocolate since there is an evolution, it STARTS to melt but the top part of a bar of chocolate can be melted, while the bottom is still solid. so is the melting temperature when it STARTS to melt or when it is fully melted? and how do you define “starting to melt” when it softens or when part of it liquifies? and if it takes an hour for it to liquify as the temperateur rise, say from 70 - 90 degres, at which degree do you define the melting temperature. in other words, another dumb thing amazon is doing that no human on earth can figure out

user profile
Seller_aJ96AJbfp9DqU

will this be an accessible attribute in the API

Go to original post