Unfortunately, Amazon as well as most companies never take down outdated pages or mark them as outdated and add a link to them to the new page, so they keep coming up in searches.
The best option is to compare the pages by checking the create or revision date if they have one.
Amazon also has different specs for the different categories but overall they’re similar, and also they don’t enforce some of the specs as they are suggestions and not mandated.
Below is an excerpt of what I believe is a most current guide.
Tips on how to create a great title
• Capitalize the first letter of each word (exceptions listed under Do Not)
• Keep the title short, but include critical information
• Use numerals (2 instead of two)
• Spell out “with and “and” instead of using ampersands or w/
• 100 characters maximum (65 characters or less recommended)
• Keep titles consistent throughout an entire family (Parent/Child relationship)
• ALWAYS check spelling
• Do not use ALL CAPS
• Do not capitalize:
a) Conjunctions (and, or, for)
b) Articles (the, a, an)
c) Prepositions with fewer than five letters (in, on, over, with, etc.)
• Do not include specific seller information
• Do not “stuff” keywords into your title
• Do not include promotional messages such as “Sale” or “Free Ship”
• Do not include subjective comments, such as “Hot Item”, “Best Seller”, or “Great Gift”
• Do not include commentary such as “with a Gift Pouch” or “Gift Boxed”
• Do not use your seller name for Brand or Manufacturer information, unless your product is Private Label
• Do not include symbols in your listings (such as ! * $ ?)
Key Product Features - Bullets
The Key Product Features bullets on the detail page give the customer more details about your product and can influence the customer purchase decision.
• Be clear, specific, and include product information only
• Do not include shipping or company information. Amazon policy prohibits including seller, company, or shipping information
• There are five featured bullets, each with a recommended maximum of 80 characters per line
• Product Features can be used to describe items where the feed template can not accommodate all the information
• Product Features can be used to convey information that is not accommodated by the specific product attributes.
Note: Tips to improve readability
• Write all numbers as numerals
• In bullets with multiple phrases, separate the phrases with semicolons (
• Spell out measurements such as grams, inches, feet, and so on
• Use hyphens, symbols, periods, or exclamation points
• Write vague statements; be as specific as possible with product features and attributes
• Enter company-specific information; this section is for product features only
*Product Description 2000 chars *
• Describe the major product features and list product information including size, used-for and style
• Keep it short, but include critical information d
• Include accurate dimensions, care instructions and warranty information
• Use correct grammar and complete sentences
• Be sure that product claims are truthful and substantiated
• Do not include your seller name, e-mail address, website URL, or any company-specific information
• Do not write about anything but the product for sale; this is your opportunity to tell the
customer what they are buying
• Do not include promotional language such as “sale” or “free ship” (use the Manage Promotions tool instead)