user profile
Sign in
user profile

Make the buyer wait

by Seller_kLIeEMV0zQFmb

This is a follow up to a previous posting I made several days ago. Item was shipped on March 11th, buyer contacted me about 10 days later because it had not arrived by the expected delivery date. Tracking showed it was still in transit, but seemed to be stuck in limbo for about 5 days, I ask the buyer to give it more time please.
A week later the buyer still had not received it and was still stuck in USPS limbo and wanted a refund. I contacted Amazon and they told me to tell the customer to wait, it now has been 2 and a half weeks. I refunded the buyer as I figured an A to Z claim was next, however I asked the buyer to either refuse the package or if he still wanted it to contact Amazon and have them rebill his credit card, he said OK.
Last week the package arrived, 5 weeks later, I sent the buyer a message letting him know I knew he received the package and asked for him to contact Amazon to rebill his credit card so I can get paid for my services, of course guess what, no reply.
I opened a case with Amazon explaining this situation and asked if they could help, you know what they told me, next time do not refund until I get my merchandise back. Really!! Make someone wait 5 weeks or more. Whats up with that?

Tags: Customer, Refunds
16 replies
16 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_8heIxAf1mLwgp
In reply to: Seller_kLIeEMV0zQFmb's post

About all you can do is refund and make a lost package claim with USPS with instructions to return to sender if located.

user profile
Seller_7LtygIVXUooLe

If you bought shipping through Amazon you could have told the buyer to file a INR claim on the item. They would have taken the money out of your account but in 45 days Amazon should have funded it or you could file a claim and get it back. The Amazon CS rep you talked to was covering Amazons back on this one.

user profile
Seller_up337mG454Roy

You’ve done everything right but I would still file a claim with USPS even though your package has recovered. This delay was unacceptable.

user profile
Seller_PLKDE1Yih3Ac5

How was the package shipped? If shipped with FedEx, UPS, or USPS Priority they should cover the value of the package since it was delayed for sooooo long… If shipped with USPS First Class then you’re stuck.

user profile
Seller_rBNaa9DY1wwGu

You were afraid of an A-Z but you basically A-Z’ed yourself!

user profile
Seller_cjBwb6X1O3EGl

If you issue a refund after the claim is filed Amazon see’s this an admission of at least partial guilt and it will hit your metrics.

Best way to avoid a-z is before it is filed. Keep your customers happy!

user profile
Seller_UTpHTHz2ZKRJU

If I had a dime for every time USPS has lost a package in Transit, I could buy all of you dinner. They eventually find it 99.9% of the time, if you make enough noise about it, maybe a week and a half to 2 weeks later.

user profile
Seller_fY6dI71dCelqs

3 words on what could of been done, after buyer requested refund…

USPS Package Intercept

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post