user profile
Sign in
user profile

Main Image Issue : My product has text on it

by Seller_UkVOUeQAuE2qH

My product is a fashion accessory and the product itself has some text on it. So I cannot really show the product without the texts. It is part of the design.

But Amazon is suppressing my listing due to this issue. How could I resolve it? I can see similar products on Amazon showing texts on their main image.

I will really appreciate any advice in this regard.

Tags: Images, Listings
14 replies
Most helpful reply
user profile
Seller_a2eQl2McCA4Im
In reply to: Seller_UkVOUeQAuE2qH's post

I’ve ran into this same problem, the “fix” is usually deleting the image and uploading again maybe 1px smaller, or some sort of change. Usually takes a day or so to see if it worked or not, usually works for me though.

Jump to reply
14 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
Most helpful reply
user profile
Seller_a2eQl2McCA4Im

I’ve ran into this same problem, the “fix” is usually deleting the image and uploading again maybe 1px smaller, or some sort of change. Usually takes a day or so to see if it worked or not, usually works for me though.

user profile
Seller_cy9errRioq6yi

I have the same problem going on with stamps and first day covers having cancellations and/or printing like address’s and/or decorated envelopes. I have been asking for the case to be escalated for a couple days now and I am being totally ignored. They are trying to say the images have logo’s, writing, watermarks…etc. on them. What I am showing is the actual product.

user profile
Seller_UBmr6lV9X0ngT

always a good idea to include amazon’s own policy when running into stuff like this.

user profile
Seller_WAUh3i4dkQNfE

There must be a work around as otherwise “signs” could not
be sold on Amazon.

This is good advice.

Seeing the product and its associated text will reveal a lot to
those trying to help you.

user profile
Seller_a2eQl2McCA4Im

Alright so if that’s the mockup your using, here’s amazon’s policy for main images that you don’t meet with that. (I know that’s not the actual product, but assuming you’re using that mockup)

• All other products should fill 85% or more of the image frame.
  • Backgrounds must be pure white (RGB 255,255,255).

That image you provided is not gonna fly, the background is not true white, and product is not 85% of the image.

Something along the lines of this image (if your selling buttons) would be ideal for a main product image.

Just delete the background layer on photoshop and replace it with a pure white background and change the image size and you’ll be fine.

user profile
Seller_3N7yVnTXPzLkL

Assuming that none of the other factors pointed out by our learned colleagues are applicable, getting Amazon to correct an error made by one of their bots, can take reopening the case many times, and may never be successful.

No one you can communicate with directly is able to override a bot decision. Many will refuse to transfer the case, it probably affects their metrics. If the case is transferred it may become part of a long backlog of bot errors, or viewed as unimportant.

At any time, an Amazon employee may close the case in a way it cannot be reopened.

user profile
Seller_gQYj2zQCuoz6y

I had the same problem. I opened a case that the text is part of the product being sold, not added text.

Case was promptly closed saying the the image violates policy by having text added to the image. No surprise here. Didn’t expect better from the bots.

We redid the main image shooting it from a slight diffrent angle. No more problem. Guess that the bots were unable to “read” the text now. We added the first image as a secondary one.

Hope this helps. Good luck

user profile
Seller_Ggt6s7zXEwLbA

Submit a case and request seller support forward it to the technicians to review. There is a major problem with the watermark algorithm that Amazon is working on, and submitting as many ASINs as possible will help the programmers see where the algorithm is going wrong.

And ignore those who live on the seller forums making unhelpful posts such as you need to comply with the rules.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post