user profile
Sign in
user profile

MADE IN THE USA Check Box Feature

by Seller_ggOhIsawGiDvA

Amazon should add a checkbox search feature that says MADE IN THE USA.

Tags: Buy Box
296 replies
296 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_42oqmKCfvIF9B
In reply to: Seller_ggOhIsawGiDvA's post

I think that would be a good idea…Genuine Made in America products are hard to find…

I make my own stuff…In my garage…No repackaged label slapped on it from over seas…junk…

Quality USA made products are probable in high demand if anyone could find them…

user profile
Seller_MBM7KIi2wj2tA

Excellent idea but what will stop products being wrongly labelled as MADE IN THE USA.
Geographical forensics?

user profile
Seller_42oqmKCfvIF9B

Price times Quality equals Value…
Low price times junk equals low value…Typical throwaway junk from China…

High Price times High Quality equals High Value…I think most USA made products meet that standard…

I would easily pay a much higher price for something that lasts and doesn’t just break easy…

user profile
Seller_4T5h8YltzQ9s3

There are federal standards for “Made in America” claims. Most US made products have foreign made content/materials, so it can get tricky if you are honest about it.

Every product listing already has a field for where the product is made.

Besides, this will perhaps sort itself all out now that 25 percent tariffs on many Chinese goods are kicking in today. How this is all going to work out is anyone’s guess.

user profile
Seller_M04MjNuWAA1Xz

Amazon does not want to advertise just how many offshore sellers there are in this marketplace selling offshore goods. If you want buyers to know your product(s) are made in the USA, include the designation in the non-main pictures/product text.

user profile
Seller_CUC0sP7NsSFBi

Why is it I can’t come up with a simple suggestion like that? Great idea - hope Amazon will consider it.

user profile
Seller_xBcE5kF4g4U63

I don’t think it really matters where anything is made, as long as it serves the purpose and is of good quality. Being made in a specific country as an advertising feature doesn’t necessarily result in quality and/or value. Not much is 100% made anywhere these days as raw materials cannot always be sourced from the same location. So concentrate on quality, value and great customer service. That’s where the gold is.

user profile
Seller_bWU6w5XvXmIfs

How will you prove, that the items were genuinely made in the USA?

user profile
Seller_ggOhIsawGiDvA

That’s up to amazon. Let just say you could be terminated if found guilty of false information so I doubt any seller with good rank would jeopardize that.

user profile
Seller_fY6dI71dCelqs

YES!

I would Love to see this happen !

Great idea!

Go to original post