user profile
Sign in
user profile

Lost $5,500 in missing inventory when sending to FBA. Amazon refuses to reimburse. Seeking Help!

by Seller_sZPdVk1JYevyF

Just like many people have experience with Amazon FBA, I have lost $5,500 in one shipment to FBA. An entire box of 10 phones were missing and not accounted.

I am aware of the “Petition to Jeff/Executive Team” thread, I have signed the petition. I have opened and reopened the case 3 times. Each time, the Seller Support “answered” the case within a couple of hours.

What’s my option next? Letter to Jeff@amazon.com?

Here is the last Amazon Seller Support Response:

Dear Seller,

Greetings from Fulfillment by Amazon.

I am Pooja, one of the supervisor from the Missing from Inbound Specialty Team assigned to assist you with this case.

On referring to your email I understand that you are requesting a re-investigation on FBA shipment: FBA15CWPL3Z5.

Please know when we receive shipments with quantity discrepancies, we automatically initiate an investigation on your behalf for the items in your shipment.

As part of this investigation, we perform a second, physical count to reconfirm the quantity of the items received. Items are marked “Investigation Completed – shipment contents counted and confirmed” when we have completed the investigation. You can confirm the same from the below mentioned link:

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/fba/inbound-shipment-workflow/index.html/ref=ag_xx_cont_fbaworkflo#FBA15CWPL3Z5/summary/discrepancies

We have completed an additional check in response to your request. We have no record of receiving the units in question.

You can always find more information about the Reconciliation Process in our Help Pages:

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/help-popup.html/ref=pt_201214140_cont_fbalist?ie=UTF8&itemID=201214140&referral=A2Z5RO3FP0R85Y_A3SDRWCIE70VYO&referral=A2AVY1L1W2LNLS_ANH45O1YP6UIJ&referral=A424N26XR95D_ANH45O1YP6UIJ&referral=A3M3EP0SOK811C_ANH45O1YP6UIJ&referral=A5PTPFI9RWEJ_ANH45O1YP6UIJ&referral=A1RTPYF8SRJX4I_ANH45O1YP6UIJ&referral=A3TPSV2KFDXAY4_ANH45O1YP6UIJ&referral=A3S61SUH3VUBE3_ANH45O1YP6UIJ&referral=A1XSRCUVG4MKE0_ANH45O1YP6UIJ&referral=A3NJBDPHVPGDQ4_ANH45O1YP6UIJ&referral=ATCUWMS0X6LSX_ANH45O1YP6UIJ&referral=A28KMNTK77UGKI_ANH45O1YP6UIJ&referral=A3TID5G7QM6PEF_ANH45O1YP6UIJ&referral=A3FT8HUGT53RSF_ANH45O1YP6UIJ&referral=A1SZYHNHV4JBJM_ANH45O1YP6UIJ&referral=A1EPDNEDJXAMI2_ANH45O1YP6UIJ&referral=ARTG3NCKNC7ZU_ARV46Y90WKK9&referral=ARTG3NCKNC7ZU_ARV46Y90WKK9;;;;.

Thank you for your patience and understanding on this important matter.

Have a great day ahead!

Please let us know how we did.

Were you satisfied with the support provided?

Click here for yes:
https://sellercentral.amazon.com/hz/case-dashboard/hmd?p=A19700IZMIK7HA&c=5378279581&k=hy
Click here for no:
https://sellercentral.amazon.com/hz/case-dashboard/hmd?p=A19700IZMIK7HA&c=5378279581&k=hn

Thank you!

Here is my original request:

Hi,

There were two boxes that were sent from my distributor xxx xxx to the Amazon Fulfillment Center (ONT8) using the shipping labels created in the Amazon Seller Central. It looks that the box with 8 units was received. But the box with 10 units is still not received by the Amazon Fulfillment Center.

I include the shipment information and delivery confirmation from Fedex web site. I also attach the invoice from xxx xxx.

Please investigate and reimburse me for the missing units.

Thanks,

Here is my follow-up question:

Hi,

I am not satisfied with this canned answer. Please understand we are talking about the missing inventory with the value over $5,000. I need to have the answer that is specific to this shipment.

My distributor xxx xxxx sent 18 units of Mate 10 Pro phones to the ONT8 which was divided in two boxes - Box 1 has 10 units: 14.3 lbs weight and with tracking number 9611417423669356302755 and Box 2 has 8 units: 11.55 lbs and with tracking number 9611417423669356293046. In your Seller Central portal, it shows that 8 units received. So we can assume that all 10 units in Box 1 are not accounted for.

Please answer the following questions with direct information to this Shipment’s Box 1:

1. Did your fulfillment center ONT8 indeed receive the Box 1? FedEx shows the proof of delivery with the information of “Signed for by: LGANZER”

2. If the Box 1 was received as FedEx proof of delivery and tracking shows, do you have the photo to show the content of the box? Was the box tampered? Can you describe what was received physically from the Box 1? If it was nothing, how to explain the weight of 14.3 lbs as shown from FedEx tracking?

3. Please be advised that this shipment required the Prep of “Labeling” by Amazon FC. Can you confirm if anything received from the Box 1 made to the Prep area

4. Do you have security camera or photos that can be used to document the discrepancy?

I have confirmed with my distributor xxx xxxx which is a professional distributor with over 35 years experience, they have a QA process in place to check every box before they ship out.

I strongly urge you to escalate this case to your supervisor and look at all the evidence I submitted because of the large amount of money involved here.

Sincerely,

Tags: Buy Box, Images, Listings
140 replies
140 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_zzrWBZ1N0jY7C
In reply to: Seller_sZPdVk1JYevyF's post

i use a company that keeps tabs on it monthly and they charge 20 percent for recovery , Might be high but its better than 100 percent loss- seller bench recovery this year so far in about 4 k for me

user profile
Seller_mGK05KGslsyYv

Im sorry to hear this man…

Last two weeks ago same what happened to my FBA Shipment.

I lost 17 Units of Cotton Bedsheets.

user profile
Seller_YZqZQFMixqA3B

The tracking number you provided for the box of 10 units was delivered on June 6 by FedEx.

I sincerely hope you don’t honestly think that your “demands” will be met. If you do, then you have what is commonly referred to as “pipe dreams” or “wishful thinking”.

Since that shipment was processed well over 3 months ago, you should know that asking these questions is pointless. Even if the shipment was received yesterday, it would be pointless. Amazon monitors all activities in its warehouses. They are not going to give you any “photo” or “security camera” documentation of the inner-workings of their warehouse. They are not going to waste valuable resources when they could be productively used elsewhere.

As far as point 2, there is no person standing around “taking pictures” of each and every item of each and every shipment that enters the warehouse.

Moderator Edit (Jake@SellerSupport): Inappropriate Content Removed

user profile
Seller_doIGv47F6liyv

How the heck do things go missing and not recovered? Sounds like employee theft.

user profile
Seller_rFYVtolVDf4yO

You may have some chance if you used Amazon’s Fedex account, however if you or your distributor used their own Fedex account, Amazon will ask you to file a claim with them. If you used Amazon’s Fedex, send another appeal stating that since its Amazon’s partnered carrier that lost the whole package of 10, Amazon needs to file a claim with the carrier and reimburse you for the lost product. I am assuming that you have tracking confirmation that both boxes were picked up.

@Niya_Goods

user profile
Seller_gUDv3uAdwTuWS

I’m wondering how to recover the loss of my inventory as well. It’s just one box, but Amazon claims 3/22 items were all that was in a 34 pound box. That’s straight up theft. They are doing the same and just closing cases without trying to find my “lost” inventory or compensating me for the items. I’m not letting it go. They’re doing this too often.

user profile
Seller_3N7yVnTXPzLkL

Hate to say that the fact you did not ship the items yourself has an affect on your claim - but it might.

I agree someone stole something, somewhere, but there are an above average number of suspects.

user profile
Seller_Yvu9QfhV55nVu

My understanding is that the weight is what the distributer declared, but not confirmed by Fedex.
Sometimes carriers measure and weighs packages while in transit.
Can you get data from Fedex of the real weight while enroute ?

user profile
Seller_CVFHhedDuSeYu

This might not help, but might help you.

In Seller Central go to:

Reports>Fulfillment>Inventory (Show More…)>Received Inventory

Run a report and you should be able to determine what they received. You may also see subtractions which could indicate lost items.

Good Luck

user profile
Seller_DCkNL7d3xbBYj

Thank you for bringing attention to this issue. Recently I have had large portions of my Inbound FBA lost and destroyed in mid shipment. I has happened now on almost every shipment. I am only getting 50% of my inbound shipment received and accounted for. I also get reports that lost in transit shipments are " already inspected" (MISSING in transit Shipments)! Even with tracking information proof stating ALL PRODUCT lost and box disposed of. Yet Rather than reimburse me they claim to have inspected for missing merchandise that is PROVEN to be lost in transit. In addition when I do finally get compensation I have yet to be compensated according to Amazon policy. Each and every step is a several week ordeal. REALLY AMAZON??? But at least they raised our fees so stockholders are fooled…

Go to original post