user profile
Sign in
user profile

Just got a "Next Day" Prime order, it's going 3 blocks from my house. I know, but I'm going to ask anyway?

by Seller_BnKqB1Lv72mD8

Is it possible to just drop it off? I imagine it will be a nightmare communicating that to all the other parties, but seriously, I could just put it in their mailbox on my way to dinner in a couple hours. Anyone had anything like this before?

Oct update: If anyone cares, this is what happened. She filed a return claiming the item was defective. She sent it back. Now I saw the track number activate as “USPS picked up item” and I figured, she’s my neighbor! I’ll just refund her now. Well, an hour later, the package went “Return to sender” so apparently she chased the postman down and got the item back. Yikes. Lesson learned.

Tags: Buy Box
150 replies
150 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_jSTMew9JJ4EO8
In reply to: Seller_BnKqB1Lv72mD8's post

What will you do if you possibly get an INR? It is a little hard to provide a shipping confirmation if you are not a courier/carrier.

user profile
Seller_VPTojhikJPGtl

What proof do you have that you dropped it off?

Are your metrics and risk of loss of SFP worth that 3 block trip?

user profile
Seller_sJ6nHawArw0Wl

You will not have a scan, nor valid tracking. And will be jeopardizing eligibility.

You could, pass it onto the postal carrier(considering they’re going, and not coming from that direction), have them scan it in, and have it delivered. Avoid the PO altogether.

user profile
Seller_quHEQbQeS05xI

NO. That is a not needed situation that is going against sellers agreement and why? To save a buck on the wrong platform…

user profile
Seller_8XjF89LlkIS5L

it would not be worth the risk and also lowering your metrics…and also it is a little strange from the customer point of view.

user profile
Seller_cu1Lr54OxusWw

Technically it’s against the law to leave something in their mailbox … but dang. And on Saturday no less … LOL

There’s policy about confirming shipping
There’s policy about tracking %'s
There’s a list of Amazon acknowledged shippers

I know of no policy that sates you “Can Not” deliver it yourself.

Bottom line … for me anyway … is what does the buyer want ?

user profile
Seller_1I2CYF3S9l0vE

Most people would not be to happy with some internet stranger dropping by their house. As far as Amazon goes they don’t want you calling a buyer so how do you think they would feel about you knocking on one’s door? Hand deliveries are just not a good idea.

user profile
Seller_9fU88YeAUB0DD

Oh, for Heaven’s sake, drop it off and get to know your neighbor. . .

user profile
Seller_AfZYqMZQJkEL2

There is no “Shipment Confirmation” on Prime orders so you have no option to input your tracking number. Save yourself, ship it and let a carrier scan and deliver it. Thanks

user profile
Seller_8Wfpcf6cHQaPy

Other than Oneida pointing out the fact, it is illegal, to drop items in a mail receptacle, without postage, the buyer may not like the idea of you, showing up on their doorstep. It’s plain creepy.

Ship it and forget about it.

Go to original post