Item not-commingable!?

When trying to prepare my first FBA shipment, I have a problem with one of the items that is asking me to print labels, even when I suscribed to stickerless commingable inventory.

Even when a try deleting the listing and re-create it with a different SKU (using “Add another condition”), it keep creating it with a “X00…” FNSKU.

How can I do to have my item as stickerless commingable with a “B00…” FNSKU?

Thanks!

We are the manufacturer of the product, and we own the EAN code that was used on the product. So nobody else can be using it.

I think is happening because we created the item, then delete it and re-create it.

Could that be possible?

I can’t add labels to 1000s of products.

Some items have problems where there are catalog issues where there are multiple items with the same barcode - usually because of a manufacturer printing error.

This particular item will require preparation and need to be in a separate carton with different carton labels. You can choose to apply item labels or have Amazon do it for $0.20 per item.

It happens more often than you might expect.

Dave

Were you previously set to “Stickered Inventory”, and then switched to Stickerless/Commingled later on, after you had already created SKUs? If so, you’ll need to create new SKUs. Once a SKU is assigned an FNKSU, they are tied each other forever.

The workflow is:

1. Set up inventory settings to Stickerless/Commingled
  2. Create new SKUs with a valid UPC/EAN.
  3. Create shipment with new SKU. If set up properly, you will not be required to print item labels.

Also, it sounds like you may be using the ASIN as the actual barcode on your product? If so, I wouldn’t recommend it. If the ASIN ever changes, your ASIN barcode would no longer be of any use.

Thanks for your answer!

> Were you previously set to “Stickered Inventory”, and then switched to Stickerless/Commingled later on, after you had already created SKUs?

I switched to “Stickerless/Commingled” and created 4 products, the first 3 where created fine and the 4th is the one with the problem ( EAN 0737212750880 )

> If so, you’ll need to create new SKUs. Once a SKU is assigned an FNKSU, they are tied each other forever.

I already try to create the item ( using “Add another condition” ) with a different SKU, but every new listing comes up with a FNKSU that starts with “X00”

>The workflow is:
>
>1. Set up inventory settings to Stickerless/Commingled
>2. Create new SKUs with a valid UPC/EAN.
>3. Create shipment with new SKU. If set up properly, you will not be required to print item labels.

I tried, but I can not created another listing with the same EAN Code, since the system keeps telling that already exist.

I can delete it, wait 24 hours and list the item again with the same EAN and a different SKU. But I think the reason of why I am having this problem is that I already done that a few days ago.

> Also, it sounds like you may be using the ASIN as the actual barcode on your product? If so, I wouldn’t recommend it. If the ASIN ever changes, your ASIN barcode would no longer be of any use.

No, I using my own EAN codes for the bar codes.

Of the 4 products I listed, only the last one is the one giving me problems.

Bump! Anybody?

Hi there, ShaTwo.

Thanks for posting your question here in Seller Forums. I’m Scotty, with Seller Support, and I’ll be happy to look into this.

When it comes to Stickerless Commingled Inventory, not all products qualify to be commingled. Most notably products listed in grocery, health and beauty, and media products must always be labeled with FBA Labels. Please also do keep in mind that a product must not have an expiration date if it is to qualify to be commingled.

As Amazon is always evaluating categories and products and may change the eligibility for products at any time. This can result in cases where a product that is currently eligible to be commingled may have a product similar in nature that is not eligible to be Stickerles Commingled.

You are also welcome to refer to our help page that address [Requirements for Stickerless, Commingled Inventory|https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/help-page.html/ref=ag_200141480_cont_scsearch?ie=UTF8&itemID=200141480#requirements].

I hope this information helps, but please do feel free to reach back out to me with any additional questions and I hope you will post here in Seller Forums with any future concerns.

Have an excellent weekend and thanks for being a part of the forums community!

-Scotty

When you try adding the item, you will need to use a new SKU. The previous SKU continues to exist associated with the FNSKU. Deleting the SKU is not enough.

I suggest that you try adding the item again, but add a suffix to the SKU, like -A to differentiate it.

I have had a similar problem a few times.

Also, I noticed this product is a for a Health Supplement which requires approval. I assume you have that, but as many health supplements have expiry dates, most could not be stickerless, even if you are the exclusive user.

You might want to raise that with Seller Support in your case and they might either be able to confirm that for you or address the issue.

Dave

Edited by: Boardgames4Us on Jan 16, 2015 6:55 PM

Please relook at my last posting. I updated it.

Yes, I did delete the SKU and create the SKU (with the suffix) after the first one. I did not even wait 15 minutes.

As you mentioned that you did create a different SKU, I think the problem has to do with the item and category.

It is likely that all items of this type will require labels.

You may be able to use Amazon’s labeling service ($0.20 per item). That would also have a bit of delay in receiving.

I suggest that you contact Seller Support referring to your item and the category.

Some categories require every item to have labels. In particular items with expiry dates. I think your item fits that classification.

Dave

Scotty, I am sorry but I am not sure you read my post.

I think the problem is not the product itself, because I had no issues with the other 3 products I created before this one.

What I made different with this one is:

1. I created the item using the EAN
  2. Then Deleted the item
  3. Waited over 24 hours
  4. Re-create the item, using the same EAN and different SKU

What I think is happening, is that the system is identifying another item with the same EAN, and for that reason is not allowing my to make the item as Stickerless Commingled Inventory.

I am sure that if I re-create the item with a different EAN, I will have no issues to make it Stickerless Commingled Inventory, the problem with that of course is that we already have our products ready, in boxes with the EAN code already printed on the labels.

Boxes are ready to be shipped. So I am only waiting for this to be resolved.

Thanks you!

When you had the issue, did you try deleting the item and then re-create it using the same UPC/EAN Code but different SKU and it worked?

Did you have to wait 24 hours after deleting the original item in order to been able to re-create the same UPC/EAN Code again?

Again, thanks for your help!

Thanks!

Yes, I already created a ticket with Seller support, is that is tacking a long time to get an answer.

I ear you about the expiration date, I will raise that issue with Seller support.

When you delete it and re-created the item, what about UPC/EAN Codes? did you use the same UPC/EAN code?

Thanks to much for your help!

Yes, it was the same UPC.

In my cases, the item was incorrectly in the Books category rather than the Toys and Games category.

All items in Books need item labels.

After I had the item changed to the Toy category, I could add a new SKU without getting the X prefixed FNSKU.

Some categories require all items to be labelled.

Dave

Ok thanks!

I have other items on the same category, that are already Stickerless Commingled, so I know if not an issue with the category.

If I don’t ear from Seller Support by tomorrow ( is been over 24 hours now ) I will try deleting the item and re-creating it again to see what happens.

> I switched to “Stickerless/Commingled” and created 4 products, the first 3 where created fine and the 4th is the one with the problem ( EAN 0737212750880 )

On a side note, thats one hell of a title.

For those curious…

Green Coffee Bean Extract 800mg with GCA - 50% Chlorogenic Acid - Ultra Powerful Formula Suppresses Appetite & Boosts Weight Loss Naturally - Extreme Fat Burner Diet Pills for Men & Women - As Seen On TV - Only 5% Caffeine - No Side Effects - Best Selling Dietary Supplement Recommended by Doctors

closed #16